1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook strained right quadriceps

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 12, 2020.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Houston is a very unlucky franchise. not ever lines up. nothing seems to line up that often.

bilaal14 and Nook like this.
  2. HardenVolumeOne

With this Westbrook news can mike tinker with the starting lineup a bit. It’s obvious as soon as Jeff green comes in the game our offense explodes instead of being flat with pj. I would like to see pj come off the bench till he can find his shot. Jeff green is also a better screen than pj. Pj gets called for a lot of moving screens

fckbandwagons likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly.... MDA and the Rockets need to be smart about this. Westbrook isn’t playing. Everyone knows the negatives but there can be positives as well. Russell Westbrook isn’t the best defensively, so emphasize the defense... make stops. If Eric “Ole” Gordon isn’t going to stop anyone then he can sit.

RayRay10, Deckard, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Find his shot? PJ is shooting 44% from 3 this series.

harold bingo and HP3 like this.
  5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Nope. I want a starter change with green at center...but I still want pj in the game.

Green
    Roco
    Pj
    Gordon
    Harden

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Whatever. Rockets have proved they can not only beat OKC without Russ, but wipe the floor with them.

All they have to do is have better shot selection.

RayRay10, bmelo, bilaal14 and 7 others like this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Start rivers so we have someone who can help with the ball handling. Let Harden run around without the ball at this point and continue to attack chris paul like we did to golden state.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oddly reassuring knowing there is nobody coming to help you. If Rockets don't do it now, there is no plan B. They better ball out, this is it. 2 games away from victory or the most embarrassing series loss in the history of the franchise. 2 games away from knowing if my fandom is going on the shelf.

RayRay10, Hakeemtheking and HP3 like this.
  9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I'd love to see a change to the starters. I'd add Jeff Green for sure. But I would NOT sit Tucker. He and Harden play too well together. Let's not upset the apple cart that way. It works.

I'd have Gordon come in with the bench unit. He seems to thrive when he's the man. Let's remember that 50 point game. No Harden, no Westbrook. It was all on Gordon's shoulders and he came up big.

I think he's most likely to explode if he's not sharing the bulk of his minutes with Harden.

Harden
    McLemore
    Covington
    Tucker
    Green

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

100% on board with starting Rivers. EGo needs to go back to 6th man role. I think Green also needs to continue to come off the bench. EGo and Green are still going to get starter minutes, but this adds a lot of fire power coming off the bench playing against OKC's 2nd unit.

Starters of Harden, Rivers, House, RoCo and Tucker can hold their own offensively and defensively against OKC's starters.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing this info.

Man. I don’t feel good about this.

TWS1986 likes this.
  12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Just another typical Thursday. Fans here don't just give up on the Rockets during the playoffs. They do it every day of every year.

13. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@Clutch on Twitter said he'd be surprised if Russ didn't play tomorrow. Wonder where he's getting his info from

RayRay10 and Tfor3 like this.
  14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Replace gordon with austin rivers and you have a deal. Move harden off the ball.

15. HardenVolumeOne

i like rivers in starting lineup as well and more inverted high pick and roll with jeff green

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

This team is a beating to watch. Every year it's the same thing - they forget how to shoot the ball in key playoff games, go on long scoring droughts, and give up big leads.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Being evasive regarding injuries to key players is a strategy in itself. I'm really surprised the official report didn't list him as questionable, because then the Thunder coaching staff would have to spend at least a little of their precious prep time what-iffing.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Here is how I think of it.

It is what it is. Either Harden is going to step up and be great or he's not. I know that's obvious but you'd think the guy would understand that this is CP3s finals. CP3 know they ain't winning a ring, but for CP3 to win this season? I'd bet he'd love nothing more. Losing game 3, whatever, but to come out and let them fight back in the game as he just jacked up 3 after 3 after 3 was sad to watch to me.

You see how Kawhi and Lebron react to losing a game. They try to crush the other team. Harden should have crushed them game 4. Let them know they not winning this series and make game 5 a formality.

But if they lose and get kicked out? It'll suck, but it is what it is. Harden will always be known as a really amazing offensive player that just could not win a ring. Like Barkley, Iverson, or Wilt. It won't be entirely his fault to be sure but what can you do but just hope that the next franchise player can be better?

I'm not giving up on them I'm just prepared for the let down. Either the threes will fall or not I guess.

YOLO likes this.
  19. HardenVolumeOne

house has been better than pj this series. Too me it’s obvious pj goes to the bench along with Gordon

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yeah, BUT our obsession with shooting ourself out of a team-wide-3-point-slump is not going to cut it. When the outside shot is broken you have to go to the hole or take a jump shot/floater in the lane.

3 IS greater than 2
    BUT,
    2 is greater than 0.