1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 1/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2014.

1. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Could not agree more. So both sides just count 3 and let the steam out. You have to learn to agree to disagree. Life is short and enjoy it while you can...

2. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Spiegel started it. He's the $hit-disturber and people got lured into it. Mission accomplished.

3. Xfinity

Xfinity Member

The mod wanted to ban someone who suggested Rockets fan should be Lin fan. It is not that far fetch to say Lin is not welcomed to some Rockets fans.

4. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RT <a href="https://twitter.com/DreamShakeSBN">@DreamShakeSBN</a>: During one of the delays in tonight's game Dwight Howard played one on one against a little kid: <a href="http://t.co/hW4QKHUUQj">pic.twitter.com/hW4QKHUUQj</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/422223752500219904">January 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

You don't see that your have a completely double standard in this post? If you want to have a double standard, be more demanding of Wall since he is the max player.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

That is not what happened. Talk about **** stirring. Go back and read the posts.

7. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

CF is not kindergarden with 3 yr olds. Again, learn to agree to disagree. When spotting trolls, step away...

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

This game was a microcosm of Lin's game, 4 seasons in 1 day, he made good plays, he made bad plays, he played good defense, he played bad defense, it's like the greatest game ever in the LOF vs LOFH wars since everyone has ammunition.

1 person likes this.
  9. Little General

Lin is equally as good as some of the PG's you have named. And your definition of mediocre is really messed up. Definition of mediocre is not good/not bad, well to me Lin is a good player.

And you are really being disrespectful for calling people delusional. In no way have I disrespected anyone on this board, unless they disrespect me first.

And even if you think Lin is "mediocre", do you really have to put it every time with Lin's name?

10. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

11. calcium

calcium Member

Wouldnt that blame be more on the defensive coach, K Sampson?

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm liking what I'm seeing from him. Although he was the 18th overall pick so not quite as "rough" as Parsons lol.

13. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Lin already played 31 minutes before the fourth quarters even started against one of the fastest players of the league.

14. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Really? That gets him banned?

A handful of guys have posted blatantly racist things and not apologized for them, but at most they get what? A hidden infraction?

What if he said, "If you are a fan of the Rockets but not a fan of the Parsons you shouldn't post here"? How is the tone or content of his post any different from people saying stuff like, "Greg Smith sucks balls I don't get why he's on this team he's not a real Rocket if you like him you shouldn't post here"?

What about the posters who use their rep privileges to basically send anonymous hate PMs to other posters? You don't think that doesn't have an affect on how people interact here?

Or the posters who jump in a thread and post "INB4THELOFSTAKEOVERANDBLAMEHARDENLOL" three posts into a new thread when no one has even brought up Lin?

Or the real LOFs who literally just spam "McHale should get fired" and "Harden is a ball hog" over and over again without saying anything else?

You want to know why the boards have turned into crap? You can blame Lin and his fans all you want, but last time I checked, they weren't the moderators and they didn't set the tone on what is and isn't acceptable around these parts.

The sad truth is that the environment here has very little to do with Jeremy Lin himself. You could have replaced him with any similar type of player or situation, and it's clear that the moderators would not have the right authority, judgement, or skills to properly manage the discussions around here.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Lin is a mediocre to poor starting point guard.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he develops a consistent outside shot, he will become a real threat.
    His post up game can improve with time.
    I am happy he had a good game.

17. nchan

nchan Member

Why do LOFs take all these illogical, incoherent criticisms of Jeremy's game so personally? I love Jeremy but wow some fans are just nuts.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If the user was indeed banned, it wasn't because of that one post. It was because of a series of posts that made it clear that he was a troll.

19. Little General

No he isn't mediocre...
    But then lets agree that we disagree on that then.
    You have your own opinion on him, I have my own.

20. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

If you call everyone a Lin hater and tries to start a fight with every person on Clutchfans, you need to b banned. Now it just happened almost everyone of these people are militant lin fans. Tomato, casedolce, tonman, rox23, and hundreds of others > spigel and king1.