1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 1/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Just put Harden on Wall and see if his offense can make up his defense.
    end of story

2. yummyhawtsauce

Dude, I doubt most PGs in the league can stop Wall. Had to get help D for him. Lin should have given Wall a lot of space and let him shoot though, Walls jumper isnt great

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, bulls**t- look at your ******** posts- he wasn't that bad compared to the number of stupid *** posts you made. Really,, it's ******* ridiculous. It's one thing to criticize players and another to be a dips**t about it. And no, I'm not Asian nor a LOF. Just sick of your crap.

2 people like this.
  4. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Milsap is a better player than Jones is right now. He is a threat from mid range (pick and pop) and putting the ball on the floor. I like Jones, he just doesn't put pressure on the defense. We need another guy that can create, Milsap can do that. Jones scores off passes from others and offensive boards mainly. He is developing.

5. Rox23

Rox23 Member

yeah, and 3 or 4 of those makes were against Brooks. Through the game Wall was around 4 of 14 vs. Lin; and 2 of those were fast breaks. The only one who could stop John Wall on the fast break is, you know, God.

I've noticed however in the last few games that Lin seems to lose a step defensively in fourth quarters. Probably gets tired.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

GTFO of here. First of all, I take it 'LOH' means Lin ONLY Hater. Whether Clutch likes Lin or not, I have no idea. But to imply that hating Lin is the 'ONLY' thing he does is ridiculous.

Most people on here who joined before 2012 are ROCKETS fans, meaning they are concerned with ALL of the players on the Rockets. So calling any of us "LOH" is blatently false, because it implies that we "ONLY" care about hating Lin. It is idiotic.

7. ILoveWhiteGirls

Hahha, I was just joking. but yeah Wall was taking over and losing the game at the same time which is why I think he's a little overrated imo.

8. SexyButIgnorant

I agree, Wall is having an elite season. Doesn't take away from the fact that he was driving, finishing and dishing at will for those 10 minutes. And that's not to single out Lin, the whole team was being outplayed. Other than that, Lin played pretty well against Wall.

9. tonman

tonman Member

10. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

Yeah, I would play off Wall to force him to shoot from outside. Try to take away the drive and take my chances with him shooting jump shots.

11. calcium

calcium Member

It's not easy following this team.

They beat Spurs one day and lose to the Jazz the next!

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yes I know. I'd like him on the team too for the right price. Unfortunately it seems Danny Ferry is really asking a lot for a guy who for all intents and purposes is redundant with Al Horford if they ever manage to get a decent center.

13. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

**** you smagul..go home and eat some burritos!

14. jms99

jms99 Member

Wall should be able to school anyone in this league. Especially if the other guy is playing the second of back-to-back games.

Wall is the future if he does the right things and develops at even an average pace.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Wall put the game on his back and then got gassed. Wiz looked a lot like last year's Rockets tonight. Go down by 20+, expend all of your energy to rally back and take the lead, then let it slip b/c you've got nothing left in the tank.

16. tonman

tonman Member

and not everyone who joined after 2012 are LOF...

can't we all just get along?

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Do you mean the 4th quarter? I am pretty sure it is almost impossible to score 51 points in a half while only making 4 shots.

18. yummyhawtsauce

Team D was garbage, Wizards had tons of momentum that couldn't be matched during that run. Rockets need to be more gritty and nasty.

19. trock

trock Member

You and a few others put waaaaaay too much scrutiny on the kid. Look, I went off on him last night because he just plain looked stupid out there, but tonight he had a good game. Yeah, Wall went by him, but who doesn't be blow by? If Bev had this same performance against Lin, the rhetoric would be, 'Good game, Wall is Wall. Kept it difficult for him overall.' Lin's been playing good defense, aside from the occasional annoying over-helping. I'm disappointed with his offense, if anything.

1 person likes this.
  20. Penetrate&Creat

Don't feed the troll.