1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 1/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

In a game where he was mostly a net nothing, didn't really hurt nor help the team no less.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

It's really simple.

We're so dependent on 3pt shooting and drives to the rim, that if our shooting turns cold or if strong defenses keep our guards from penetrating, we are going to struggle. There was an article that 3pt shooting variance is so great, teams will be inconsistent if they have no post threat.

coaches must prepare the team how to play and win different ways

1 person likes this.
  3. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

No I'm pretty sure it's people like you who's not welcomed.

Just saying

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This is exactly the kind of delusion and lack of basketball IQ amongst the LOF's

In a league of 30 starting PG's, Jeremy Lin will struggle to make it in the top 18. That is mediocre to me. Having great nights once in a while means nothing.

Can you honestly tell me he is better than any of the following PG's? Paul, Rose, Westbrook, Rondo, Parker, Curry, Irving, Wall, Bledsoe, Dragic, Lowry, Lawson, Lillard, Holiday, DWill, Isaiah, Teague, MCW, Conley....

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I'm a LOF
    Lowry Only Fan

6. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. ILoveWhiteGirls

He's better than Mario Chalmers, does that count?

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Jones just continues to impress: I think the boy is for real. Another Parsons, a diamond in the rough.

9. baki

baki Member

I actually loved the lineup before Harden and Howard joined, I know the Rockets would have made a great run last season as the biggest underdogs with so their called no-named players.

10. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

Defense is average? TO again? Lols do u watch the game dude? Or just sitting down there looking at the box score???

11. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Yes of course you would've. I mean the Rockets without any star players. That would've just been, so much better!

12. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

One more.

We CFs have been talking for years how the Rox have been among the bottom quarter of the league in terms of defense. Have we seen any improvement yet since McHale came to Houston?

13. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

this LOF-LOH BS needs to be done with already. I love clutchfans, don't get me wrong but both these sides are making this forum borderline unreadable.

14. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

Yeah Tjones is solid but u saw one guy posted in this board, he wanted to trade Tjones while his value is high..pathetic...why dont we develop players???Instead of getting players that are stars already...Rockets is having the best talents, we need to develop them..

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm sure that team would have been fun to watch also. However, as Rockets fans, I think we have seen the results of a being a young, scrappy, spirited underdog team full of no-names: 9th place in the West, year after year.

Morey did an incredible job to land Harden and Howard, our only two all-stars since Yao went down. If you can add superstar talent, you have to do it.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Uhh, the whole team was struggling in the 4th until Harden took over. He literally single-handedly saved our asses tonight.

No mention of the human being who saved the game tonight and his 25/8/5?

Have you been watching the games lately? Dwight has been absolutely killing it in the post, usually when the Rockets have struggles at random points during the games, it's because we stopped going to Dwight who was converting. Every player in the league is going to have a rough stretch every now and then, and Dwight had one tonight. We still need to feed Dwight often because he usually gets a better quality look than anyone else does. Tonight was the exception, not the rule.

Yes, everyone here is a Lin hater. Yet another game thread taken over by whining LOF's.

Anyway, that was probably one of the strangest games I've seen. The leaks aside, I can't fathom how quickly we collapsed like that. I don't think I've seen anything like it in my 12 or so years watching the Rockets. I'm stunned that we actually had the composure to win the game. That's a good sign of maturity, if nothing else.

Thank god for James Harden. I was so excited when he got that jumper plus the foul to give us the lead. Dwight played well despite his rough stretch in the 4th and his free throws. I thought he had turned the corner on those but I guess not, he's regressing to his average last season.

Lin and Casspi had good games which was nice to see.

And of course Jones with the extremely solid game. I also like what Greg Smith brought to the table tonight, no one every really talks about him but he gives good minutes usually when he's given the opportunity.

Sigh of relief.

1 person likes this.
  17. adobo

adobo Member

Lin is still a work in progress, and we can see he is improving on his weaknesses....BUT he is definately still not there. For people that praise him or criticize him by measuring him against top PG's in the league need to change there lenses.

Lin knows he still needs a lot of work (mentally and physically), give him time to develop since he has not reached his potential yet. It's up to him to take his game to the next level....if only people can change there perception of him in this way, then there will be much more peace in this forum

18. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Thank goodness someone wants to talk about TJones.

Yes, great game by TJones. Career high 17 rebounds.

19. Solaris

Solaris Member

20. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Finally some greg smith love. :)