1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 1/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2014.

1. TheJet

TheJet Member

That's a good argument. I was impressed with Lin in the second half of last year. When we landed Howard I was ecstatic with the possibilities for this year. In the preseason we were balling like crazy. Lin was killing it out of the gate. And I do think he's a better overall player than Beverley.

The debate about whether Lin's inconsistencies are due to how he's being treated vs. his inconsistencies being the reason he's treated this way is a very difficult one.

I've said it before, when Lin is in attack mode and his confidence is high he can be very dangerous offensively. We need that. And I don't think he's fragile mentally considering what he's been through up to this point in his career. That's why I'd hate to believe that McHale putting him in a 6th man role or pulling on that short leash has impacted him to the point of making him inconsistent. But I think I agree most with what I highlighted. I thought the twin towers experiment was another example of something that went on entirely too long. We all saw that it wasn't working but it took forever for changes to come around. That worries me. I suspect (and hope) that McHale is taking direction from higher authority with some of the questionable decisions we've seen.

All that being said I'm stoked about this team. Still very young and learning to play together. I don't have expectations past a first round win this year but if we can keep this roster in tact and figure out what to do with Asik I see a very bright future.