1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/3/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2005.

1. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

good thing he has learned that..but sounds like you are hating on Yao..he plays well tonight, and already 20+ points way before the end of game

2. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

You still don't get it do you? Yes, it is his fault...b/c he just can't seal off his defender. It's not that he won't, he CAN'T. Get that through your head. It has nothing to do with his being a p***y...he just can't seal off someone who fronts him.

There are only a few ways to do that.
    1. You either have to be so bulky and strong that when you seal of your man, your teammate can get you the ball before the defender can run around you and get back in front.
    2. You have to be so quick that you can react to what the defender is giving you.
    3. You have to have great lob passers that can throw a pass to you OVER and AROUND the defender as you roll toward the basket.

Yao doesn't have any of those three things going for him. It's ******* physics...maybe you should take that course before you graduate son.

Every other post I've read of yours has been about Yao "refusing" to deal with fronting defenses. He's not refusing to deal with them. He's not intimidated by them. He's simply nullified by them. There's a difference.

3. zong

zong Member

Rocket's help defence always results in the open three for other team.

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

When I have heard this before??? Oh yeah, check my sig..

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I loved Clyde as a player, but he may have just made one of the dumbest statements in NBA history...." Jeff Van Gundy is looking for someone to lead this team, and Moochie may not be a bad choice." I know you didn't mean it, Clyde. But why did you say it.

Just before Clyde said that, he and Bill were talking about how the Rockets need to get Rafer back. WHY? He looked like crap before he got injured. This is a team with NO chemistry, NO energy, NO rhythm, NO flow, NO motion. Nothing is really working. And when TMac struggles, lights out. Without major adjustments, we are witnessing a lottery team with two All-Stars.

6. Kenrui

Kenrui Contributing Member

I think the injury affects him too much!! It really takes time to recover. Today our guards suck, see the three point percentage of two teams you will know why rockets lose this game. I see a trade is coming soon!!!

QUOTE=StevieFlight3]i'm so pissed at t-mac right now, to me he just seems like he doesn't care, keeps passing off, just ****ing take to the basket, i'm sure we all know he can get there at will, and he'll atleast get to the line!!!![/QUOTE]

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not if the defense rotates like they're supposed to. Head unfortunately is the biggest culprit in rotating late (but after all, he is a rookie). But, Derek Anderson has no clue what the word "rotate" means... and then there's Swift (who thinks we signed him for the one monster dunk a game).

8. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Yes he has an inability...fine. But it's just frustrating that you don't

9. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

he is still #1 player (shared with TMAC) on my list, but I just gave my all-star vote to CAMBY :D

10. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Yes he has an inability...fine. But it's just frustrating that you don't see Yao trying to throw WRIGHT behind him. Who cares if Yao gets physical and gets called for fouls? It would atleast send a message to the refs.

And the last time I checked, your "3 points" that you made has absolutely no relevance to Physics. But yeah....ok. DANG"oL!!!

11. Kenrui

I do not care who got frustrated. You can not blame a guy with 29pts and 5 off rebound. Today it is our guards suck. Find the right target, Guys!!

12. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

What are you thinking about? To blame your only effective guy? Ridiculous!

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I dont see the majority of the Members here atacking him. i dont agree with his assesment tonight(because yao finally tried tonight), but i see him getting infuriated and baited by some YOF's here who call him names.BTW, before you say another word, from what he told me before, he is apprantly chineese.

14. Kenrui

If you label that as tough, then you are totally an idiot!

15. 12345

12345 Member

I hate to break it to you man but your one vote will not affect the outcome. :p :D

16. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

You are such an idiot.

17. 12345

12345 Member

What does being Chinese have anything to do with it? Just because he's Chinese it's okay to bash Yao for everything that goes wrong in his life? :rolleyes:

18. zong

zong Member

Our guards are too slow, can not rotate well. JVG should find a solution, otherwise, we can not win many games.

19. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Okay Women's Nintendo Entertainment System,

you have cried about this enough. Just put it to rest. If you dont like the OPINIONS of posters on here.....just keep it to yourself. Like what some other poster said earlier....if you don't like it...IGNORE IT Dang'ol!

20. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

He was defending Yao, saying that most of his points weren't in garbage time. :p