1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/3/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I couldn't agree more and we are getting bit on the @ss right now by the lack of speed and ability to perform consistently by old players. To make matters worse outside of Head our younger athletic players aren't playing smart or intense enough.

2. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

I thought I was the only one who noticed...I wonder if this carries over to his everyday life also, then people may take advantage of him for his money.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Our Pick and roll up on top of the arc doesn't work.

Not sure if it's because Yao never rolls.....and their big man is able to bump our PG off course and still return to the immobile Yao.

Or we are just too slow to run it, the pgs are too slow, and Yao is too slow.

4. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Yes I know my Moniker means "****" in chinese (being that I AM chinese) Dang'ol.

Your point? You try so hard to make a profound comeback but it always seems to fall short for you.

Good luck with that. Dang'ol!!

5. droxford

droxford Member

It's a lack of speed and inability to shoot from outside.

When they see that we're doing a p'n'r from the top of the arc, they immediately clog the lane and swipe the ball away when we put it on the floor. The solution for us would be to pass out to the open man to catch and shoot. Problem is: out passes are way too slow: when (/if) the open man gets the ball, he's no longer open. Or our guys don't actually catch and shoot, they catch and dribble. Also, our shooting from the outside has been poor, so opposing teams don't fear clogging the lane, doubling Yao, fronting Yao, or doubling McGrady.

Our backcourt failure is just killing us. We need speed and accuracy.