1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/3/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

You seriously want him to grab Wright with his arms and throw him? That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. I don't care what kind of player you are. Nobody, not even Jordan, would've gotten away with that.

And yes, the 3 points have plenty to do with physics. Yao is skinny and tall, meaning a high center of gravity and an inability to hold his position as opposed to a stocky shorter guy. Because of that high center of gravity he's also not as fast. Lob passing? there's a hell of a lot of physics involved in that....moving objects, angle, speed, bla bla bla.

Hey, I'm not saying that Yao played well out there tonight. He really didn't. Nonetheless, I've never seen you criticize any other player besides Yao. This was a team loss. Our team played like crap. Frankly, Yao played the best out there tonight, which despite the fact that it isn't saying much, is still the truth.

Your relentless use of Yao as a scapegoat for EVERYTHING that's wrong on this team is an idiotic novelty that's starting to grate on everyone's nerves...just like "dang'ol"

#301 Kyrodis, Dec 3, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  2. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

I think you missed the sarcasm in his post...

3. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

why are there so many post about Yao sucks this and Yao sucks that tonight? check the number and blame someone else beside Yao please..the problem right now is the whole damn team including the coach..no chemistry, flow, movement, determination...we're playing stupid bball!

4. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Oh of course. Btw, what's 7 times 4?

5. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Apparently you don't understand the concept of what I am trying to convey.

In Laman's terms: If someone is being tough and physical with you, you have to return the favor.

6. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

of course, but I do think CAMBY should be ALL-STAR!

7. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

T-Mac sucked.

Yao was great.

8. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

Musselman maybe ??

9. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Too much name calling. Guys

Keep GARM Civil!

10. qian

qian Contributing Member

Whenever Tmac plays bad we will say he is hurt. But the fact is he will be playing hurt for the rest of the season probably. If he is indeed in that bad condition, he should just rest and skip the game.

I do not think he was hurting too much today, it is more like he is disappointed with some of the players, starting from Swift... You know he has so high a hope on him in the summer, now the dream has been over...

11. Kenrui

Kenrui Contributing Member

Wright is a garbage player. Do you think that really worth a offensive foul from Yao? Just to show him Yao is tough? I think this team already find the way to break fronting defense on Yao and it does work a couple of times in the first quarter. The fast ball movement around the perimeter and Yao to move the other side of the court.

12. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

I see. You are in Grade 1. No wonder. Sorry.

13. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

And???????? :rolleyes:

14. what

what Member

Yao is the man, but he needs help. The rockets just don't seem to be playing together at all. Maybe this is van gundy's fault. The guy could reduce micheal jordan himself to 20 points a game.

15. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

you want to get banned by Clutch :eek:

16. dabien1

dabien1 Member

First off I'm not using Yao as a scapegoat for everything else, just pointing out that he does not counter the physical play.

Secondly, now you've made your point about the "physics" argument. Never hurts to elaborate on the point you are trying to make.

I'm just sorry for you that you would get so riled up and upset. Ulcers here we come.....Dang'ol!!!

17. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Musselman was pretty good with the Warriors. he got a raw deal there. i like his high-Ocatine offensive system. he got sacked because he was handed a bunch of kids and was asked to Produce success over night.

18. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

You know, I try to be fair. I give guys coming back from injury a bit of extra rope. After all, he hasn't played with the team for a while and haven't practiced. If anybody else gets hurt I'd give him the same benefit of the doubt for a couple of games.

As for why he came back, the Rockets right now are at a point where they can't afford to lose any more games. He's back because we are trying to salvage the season. If we lose couple of more games I fully expect him to go back recuperating and go for the lottery.

And no, you can't tell how much he is hurt.

19. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

This game was a wake up call. T-Mac back, 3 days rest, playing a team that should be tired from a back to back on your home court and we lose. This team has talent problems not chemistry problems.

I can point to 4 things that happened in the offseason that are looking like mistakes

1. Trading MJ for Rafer Alston.
    2. Not getting that rebounder and physical PF in the offseason.
    3. Losing Bobby Sura not only because we miss his game but because he forced the trade to get RA.
    4. Not picking up Mighty Mouse with our MLE.

Only thing that can salvage this season if RA can come back and run the point while shooting lights out like Stoudamire did tonight.

20. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

The man is a sissy, even Sura can play through the pain. :p :D