1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Has Harden ever had a Jimmy Butler performance?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Oct 5, 2020.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It actually doesn’t.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Sure it does. The earlier in a game an event occurs, the more time you have to rectify the situation. That's why possessions in 4th quarter crunch time are more important than possessions in the 2nd quarter.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Butler still lost bigly

Do Heatfans hate Jimmy as much as Clutchfans do?

D-rock, clos4life and MettaWorldPete like this.
  4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

There are still people who think this in 2020 holy crap

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Concussion?

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Every GM, ever?

Slightly longer leash, maybe. But, ultimately, owner still expects to win, and will fire the GM is that doesn't happen, agree?

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It depends on the acquisition. Can you provide any examples of meddling owners whose GM's had short leashes?

8. Fefo

Fefo Member

No hes never had a performance like this. Harden doesn't have a signature performance in the playoffs.
    Now , Harden is waaaaay more talented than Jimmy, is not even comparable, but mentally, JB is a lot stronger, and that's why he went toe to toe with a much better player, like LeBron for a couple games, before completely running out of gas.
    Jimmy is not a generational talent like Harden is, but if harden keeps checking out of games in the playoffs, i don't know what his legacy will be.

Bearded13 likes this.
  9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Well, the clearest example is Jerry Jones, who can't get even get most top tier head coaches interested, much less anyone to help GM (Dan Reeves came close, but quit on like the first day, finding out he was essentially be requested to clock in and out like an hourly cashier). You'd have to think this had a lot to do with MDA not wanting to continue coaching here, as well.

It's hard to come up with concrete examples, you never know how much pressure an owner really put on a GM for things, or how much longer they might have kept them than if they hadn't. But, I also can't think of any examples where a meddling owner kept a GM around while his team continued to lose, either. But, here's a good list of bad owners, for which I don't think you'll find any GM's that lasted very long. Plus, its a fun read!

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Not sure about that. Jerry Jones is the owner and GM.

11. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

Harden may not go anywhere, but he needs to go somewhere so we can get some players in here that don't mind sharing the ball and keep the ball moving. Harden is nothing but an iso player that needs the ball to be effective. You're not going to win championships like that. Sure, you're win games, but no rings. We need to get rid of both Westbrook and Harden and start rebuilding and get some number one pics in the draft for them. We need another good big man and some sharpshooters, with good complimentary players. We have nothing to lose at this point. We're not doing anything anyway. Start rebuilding. We also do not need John Lucas. He'll bring more of the same stuff. We don't need inmates running the asylum anymore.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Management have their head up their asses. It’s not just Harden. We need to ax our glory seeking GM who’s semi coaching the team from the suite.

13. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

We've tried to get several players here, Jimmy Butler was the last one I believe. Hell, we were even trying or at least talking about getting Lebron James. He didn't want to come, Iguadola, Serge Ibaka, Javal Macgee, Anthony Davis at one point. These are just a few that didn't want to come here and decided to go somewhere else, or stay with their present teams. Daryl Morey needs to go to. He's warn out his welcome to.

14. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

I agree with you 100%. You are right. The only reason I'm mentioning Harden is because I know we can put ourselves in a position to get some good players or draft pics. We really don't have a lot of good players on this roster.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Jerry has never had a GM and Dan Reeves was not being brought in to be a GM he was gonna be an Asst head coach, He quit because of Garrett who b****ed about Reeves having to much power.

The clock thing was jerry trying to save face.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This thread always reminds me of the Legendary Pimpin' Lexx's very original My Jimmy Runs Deep

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Jimmy Butler went to go be the man in Miami. Javale sucks for the Lakers and never got much playing time in the playoffs. But also....these other guys turn down other teams to? And also we never had enough assets for Davis. Why is the indictment only against Houston? Disagree Daryl will keep this franchise successful as long as he is here. Tillman will trash this team.

18. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

I agree somewhat, but we still need to put ourselves in a position so that other great players would want to come here. That's all I'm saying.

HP3 likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's had multiple performances like that. The real question is why he doesn't get credit for them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol We lost to the eventual champs and we not doing anything? Where do you people get these crazy ideas. Buckle up. You got 3 more years of this at the very least. Then when we get new players we will still incorporate analytics just like the rest of the NBA. Rockets aren't doing out of the ordinary. When Morey retires a Rocket and there is a new GM, Rockets and NBA as whole will still be using analytics. lol

D-rock likes this.