1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Harden ever had a Jimmy Butler performance?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Oct 5, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

The league manipulates games and decides champions more so in the NBA than in any other American sports league. Scott foster is still a ref and will always ref our biggest playoff games. Stop looking at the NBA as a legit sport it’s nothing more than scripted theater

hakeem94, cheke64, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  2. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

Well, I'm not going to disagree with you on that point.

3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Makes sense...but the broader point was Jerry's meddling is why no high profile coach wanted to even talk to the Cowboys. Parcell's finally did, but because it seemed he was able to work it out with Jerry. Likely a factor in why he quit, too, though.

Still not really sure why we're having this long discussion, though. If anyone really believes that owners don't expect GMs to win regardless of their meddling...I don't really know what there is to discuss. I guess maybe if they just view the GM as a glorified payroll processor, then maybe, but, again, what decent GM is going to tolerate that?

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

The example being the long struggle Jerry had getting any top tier coach to even come there. They knew he was going to meddle incessantly, so they passed.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

No one ever argued the bolded statement so you've basically made a strawman argument.

My argument has always been that a GM for a meddling owner will have a longer leash. You disagreed, but thus far, you've been unable to come up with an example to prove otherwise. Jerry Jones is both the owner and GM so I'm not sure why you thought he supported your claim.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Longer likely being a very relative term. Sadly, the example is probably right in front of us now. As we're seeing, there was no longer leash. Owner and/or player demanded changes, changes happened, GM out. All in one year. Team didn't meet expectations, so owner is making changes. Other owners, maybe a longer leash. Examples of that around too...usually examples of very poorly run organizations, I might point out.

Recall that you started out saying I wasn't living in the real world...not that what I said was something we all agree on. I think Rockets today showing this is all indeed very real world.

But, it seems we all came to agreement at the end, so all good. Appreciate the dialogue...that's how these forums should work.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

So you think that Morey was forced out as opposed him choosing to resign?

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Looks Like he quit.

D-rock and jordnnnn like this.
  9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Ok? Did you expect it? No. So what's your point?

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Our exchange over what Morey should do if Harden and Fertitta won't let him do his job (Page 23 of this thread.) I called this.

#550 TEXNIFICENT, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You predicted that Fertitta would allow Morey to choose the coach and then renege on it?

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I do, OR he decided to not deal with the meddling any longer.

Word is that MDA decided to leave, which was interesting given that they seemed to have built the team to suit him. So, I think he decided there was too much meddling going on, and that he would rather go elsewhere.

#552 BigDog63, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

What part of not allowing Morey to do his job are you missing?

D-rock likes this.
  14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Up until now, you've been incorrectly talking about Morey's strategy and correctly talking about Fertitta meddling with roster moves. I didn't know you were also talking about the coaching since you didn't mention it.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yawn. I told you that quitting would be on the table.

D-rock likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

He typically moves goal posts, you are wasting your time trying to catch a fly.

Just swat it, poison it or ignore it.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. lionaire

lionaire Member

Looks like heart can only take you so far amirite?

D-rock, don grahamleone and HP3 like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jimmy Butler just got swept in embarrassing fashion averaging 15, 8, and 7 on 32/18/74 shooting splits

this man just quit before the playoffs even started

Somebody please name another star that has had a playoff series this embarrassing and atrocious?

D-rock, Deuce, harold bingo and 5 others like this.
  19. DonatelloLimestone

delete

#559 DonatelloLimestone, May 29, 2021
    Last edited: May 29, 2021
    MettaWorldPete likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

yup, he’s a better player for sure

just got done averaging 15 points on 32% shooting as he got swept...LMAO

oh, and in game 4, he had 12 points in 38 minutes...looks like laying down and straight up quitting to me

D-rock, BMoney, Deuce and 5 others like this.