1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Harden ever had a Jimmy Butler performance?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Oct 5, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

harden haters keep acting like 2018 never happened. I’m shocked their are still any rockets fans left after that screw job. I only follow harden. Once he retires I’m done with the nba the same way I was with the wwf when The Rock left pro wrestling

fckbandwagons and Rocket River like this.
  2. HardenVolumeOne

did they really believe the nba would let jimmy “freaking” butler eliminate LeBron in the finals lol.

3. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Lol being the best player for one series in your conference run doesn't equate to "dragging" your team to the finals. I swear, the lengths the HOH would go through to mythicize their latest flavor of the playoffs in order to slander Harden, no matter how much they stink up the joint even wose than Harden purportedly does.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Good comeback. It is tough to argue with facts.

HP3 likes this.
  5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It's really not. I just think you have to be a certain kind of stupid to not understand the difference in importance between 2nd quarter points and 4th quarter crunch time points. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Do you disagree? Look at the glee being taken after a bag game by someone in the finals. You could literally use the majority of hardens choke performances or his days fishing these past couple of weeks.

I’m just glad Scott foster saved our ass for once and hated cp more than he hated us. Good chance we almost lose to a team led by scrubs and the guy we traded away

7. Mr. Space City

Let’s just call it for what it really is. The standards for Harden is much higher than the standards for any other superstar.

I don’t even have anything against Jimmy Butler, but when I hold him to the same standards these HOH have for Harden, you see how ridiculous then narrative around him is.

Apparently Harden is supposed to win a championship with flawed players who can’t shoot, and coaches who can’t adjust. He can’t get young talent around him, because he wins so much, the Rockets will never get a lottery pick, and they’ll just trade those picks anyway.

And when he finally does get a squad, his 2nd best player will be out for the rest of the playoffs when his team is 1 win away from the NBA finals.

These guys praise other superstars for playing WORSE than Harden but win because of superior coaching and role players actually stepping up.

#487 Mr. Space City, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

As opposed to the glee when Harden has a bad game? Y’all will dick ride any player who just so happens to be playing well if it means you’re able to trash Harden. It’s gone from Lillard, to Kawhi, and now Butler. If Giannis didn’t choke, y’all would’ve been on his nuts too.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

again
    Butler - 12 pts - 7 rebounds 8 asst 7 rebs in an elimination game
    The Dog took himself out of the game with like 3 minute left

Rocket River

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

Do you know how chicken boy is truly a Harden hater? Every single Harden loss in the playoffs is followed by extreme-level hate/slander/trolling/celebration by NBA fans and media on every outlet yet chicken boy has somehow never seen it.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

**** giannis, lillard , kawhi and everybody else. I don’t give a damn about that, I care about the rockets. You seem cool so I’m gonna be straight, you haven’t been here long enough to understand the arguments me, @wekko368 , and @fchowd0311 have been dealing with going back to the tmac days. Or how we were staunch supporters just up until the last year or two. At some point you have to take a step back and look at this objectively. Not only has his predictable , anti-motion play (which got cp3 the boot for calling out) Been detrimental, but he ****ed our teams future by asking for WB. I have absolutely zero sympathy for him and the constant excuses he gets. You guys will talk about how his sneakers were overused or he had a concussion etc to save face at any point. I did the same for a bit the difference is I’ve woken up from the delusions

12. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Lol the irony of a HOH whining about their chosen ones getting ragged on for bad performances is priceless. We're not the ones who held these guys up as the bastion of playing the right way. Be a good sport and take your Ls when these guys drop the ball even worse than Harden purportedly has.

jiggyfly, clos4life, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ha, now Butler dragged his team to the finals. Stop. Scoring under 20 points 8 times and scoring less points than Goran Dragic is dragging a team? Lmao

I’ve never heard of somebody dragging a team averaging 20 ppg...

How’d he drag them when he had games scoring 6, 13, and 14 points, and the Heat won each of those games?

Harden haters with the constant fake news, and then if u don’t buy BS like Butler “dragging his team to the finals,” you’re a homer and a stan

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

People like fchowd being a staunch supporter up until a year or 2? Please don’t lie to me.

u people will blame him for everything and overlook everything else that is wrong with the team while dick riding all these other players as part of the Harden hate agenda

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chicken brother only knows how to take L's.

And he will never be a good sport, he lives to vilify. His agenda is so much more important to him than his supposed favorite team's success.

jiggyfly, clos4life, lionaire and 2 others like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

He lies more than Trump.

17. Mr. Space City

If James Harden averaged 19.9 ppg shooting .244% from 3, the Rockets are flat out not making the playoffs. I’d bet my house on it.

No way on gods green earth would the Rockets make it to the NBA Finals with Harden averaging 19 ppg shooting 43% from the field and 17% from 3.

and if they somehow did, nobody would be saying Harden “dragged” the Rockets to the finals.

#497 Mr. Space City, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

when the guy they hate screws up, it’s a huge deal, everything is his fault, he’s the main issue, etc...when the latest guy they’re dick riding in an attempt to trash Harden screws up just as bad or even worse, it’s crickets and a quick pivot back to trashing Harden

now Butler dragged his team to the finals...

Butler had 12 points and 10 shots in a finals elimination game...none of these new Butler fans will speak on that

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Did I miss the rule change where the NBA made 4th quarter points worth more? What’s a 3pt shot in the 4th worth? 4 points? Or is it still worth 3?

If your team is up 20 at the end of the third quarter with “less valuable” points then your opponent outscores you by 19 in “crunch” time you still win the game. You comprehend that right?

Conversely if you get blown out in the first quarter and then rally in the 4th with “crunch” time buckets and end up losing anyways then those more valuable 4th quarter points didn’t really work out for you did they?

This isn’t a Jedi mind trick. Every point is equally valuable. Games are won all the time in the first half of basketball.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Sounds like you don't understand what crunch time is.