1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amazon TV] The Boys Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That supernatural showrunner is a genius.

Don't forget dem energy bars...loooool spot on. Everything needs to be a sell.

tmoney1101 and boomboom like this.
  2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

This show is great. The mixture of action, humor, absurdity, and drama is perfect.

Huge dick thing was awesome. I don’t get why the dude with the Hyundai had to die though. The guy offered a ride and they could’ve definitely got the keys off him without killing him. The car seat hit me in the feels as a dad.

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I dislike her, feel that way about starlight though. Total smoke show.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

I want a Fresca

boomboom and tinman like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Part of me thinks homelander might not be that evil of a supe. I think his ego and his need to be liked by the public will go against what storm front wants him to be

boomboom likes this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed with everyone saying the show is fantastic and that sh*t is ramping up. I thought this show would eventually be just a mindless, fun "when superheroes go bad" show, but the character development for everyone involved is tremendous.

I think the tagline was "Can't be Proud on an empty stomach!" or something like that. So funny!

They probably couldn't risk the off-chance of him recognizing Starlight. I also don't think Starlight meant to kill the guy. I think she went too hard.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I am a bit out of the loop with Frenchie's backstory, though.

So, in the flashback...

Frenchie was supposed to tail Lamplighter but went to check on his OD'ing friend. So right after that movie premiere that Lamplighter attended, he went to Mallory's house to kill her but accidentally murdered her kids instead? Very surprised that Mallory didn't end up putting a bullet in Lamplighter, in the present day. Regardless of Frenchie's plea.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I find myself interested in every plot point this show offers.

Stormfront/Homelander drama. Cindy the telekinetic supe. How the group integrates Starlight. Stormfront/Female drama. The Church's plans for Deep and A-train and plan, overall.

Even Butcher's relationship with his wife and son, which should be like the D-plot with all that's going on, is somewhat interesting because the son is a Supe.

boomboom likes this.
  10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I enjoy the fact that Lamplighter is played by the actor who was Iceman, opposite Pyro, in the X-men movies.

It is feeling a bit ridiculous that Stormfront and Homelander are getting so comfortable doing absolutely terrible things so openly. I get that Vought is pretty skilled at covering things up and managing images, but there is a dude whose head is smashed against a wall, something that would be pretty unlikely to be anything other than a supe, and then HL and SF decide to just bang, in broad daylight, right next to his slowly cooling corpse? I guess that's to show that they are starting to get past the point of caring about their image. They are very close to going full-blown super villain and taking over the world.

But that's a minor gripe. This show is incredible and I can't wait for the next episode.

JumpMan and Invisible Fan like this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

I wonder if Vought has a plan in place if any Supe decides to go rogue. I mean, I get Homelander is essentially a less powerful Superman. But it feels like these characters don't have any easily exploitable weakness.

Stormfront can clearly be killed by Homelander's laser vision (she was clearly scared the first time his eyes glowed in her direction, her chest was burned by his lasers, etc) but are all these Supes bulletproof?

Homelander is bulletproof, The Female is bulletproof. Cindy is bulletproof. So I'm assuming every other superhero is also bulletproof? Is that just a byproduct of Compound V?

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

I haven’t read the comments, so just speculation, but I’d guess they have an antidote.

Los Pollos Hermanos dude wasn’t afraid of Homelander.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well . .. . actually . .. .
    [​IMG]

I think that is his Twin Brother - Shawn Ashmore
    Iceman was - Aaron Ashmore

I think Aarons about Movies
    and Shawn is about the TV (He was in Killjoys)

Rocket River

arkoe and Duncan McDonuts like this.
  14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

This twin was also iceman. His Brother was killjoys. I looked it up on IMDB yesterday. I really like both. In every show they are in.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I got them mixed up?
    Cause iceman is more movie than TV

Rocket River

16. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

So now that Stormfront has revealed her ultimate goal, I'm a little confused as to what her relationship with Edgar is. Edgar is obviously a person of color, so I doubt he shares in her plan of whitey world domination. Why did she get reassigned to that facility that was working to stabilize Compound V? Is it because she is powerful enough to hold some of those supes in check? They mentioned at one point that she has been moved around for location to location like a catholic priest, which would suggest Vought knows exactly what she is (a Nazi).

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Sajan and RKREBORN like this.
  18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

They're not all bulletproof. Lamplighter doesn't seem to be. Frenchie and Mallory both pointed their guns at him and he seemed mortal. Plus the telekinesis guy that Butcher put 3 in.

19. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Yeah, it seems like most of the top notch supes are, but definitely not all. We sort of saw it with Starlight when it took so much effort to get that saw to cut into her neck. Black Noir seems to be. Not sure on Deep or A-train.

Anyone else think that maybe Edgar has some super powers he is not revealing? I was definitely intrigued by how little he seems to be afraid of Homelander. I know they have leverage and egos and think they can control people, but they've seen enough from him to know he can pretty easily fly off the handle and do serious damage. Elizabeth Shue's character understood it and behaved appropriately. Edgar (Gus Fring) didn't seem to be worried in the slightest. I bet it's because he is a closet supe. Maybe even from the early days like Stormfront.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ooh, you're right. Hmm, I wonder what the deal with being 'invincible' is. Might just be a plot device.

Edgar needs more scenes. Dude is supposed to be the main bad guy but, up to this point, Ashley (that assistant) has had more screen time than him.

To your point, I think he either has powers or he has so much influence that he thinks he's untouchable.