1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amazon TV] The Boys Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 7, 2019.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The comics has more political diatribe and I did not really notice any politics in S1.

The political diatribe is kind of the heart of the premise.

boomboom likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't watched any of the aftershows or read the comics. I'll have to check them out.

I don't mind the loaded social / political commentary. I think it is central to the story as much as the Watchmen.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Nothing major...They're mostly light hearted time wasters with crass humor.

Negan from Walking Dead was a guest on one of them (wtf?). I think he wants to play a role for S3 and he has a connect with the show runner who also did Supernatural.

4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Could Cindy be Neuman's daughter or sister who Vought is holding hostage as leverage? Neuman is a German name, Neuman could be another 1st gen supe like stormfront.

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Great show just binged seasons 1 and 2. The social commentary is spot on especially about how much social media can just twist everything. I especially liked the public safety message about what to do if a super villain comes to your school and arming the teachers was part of the protocol.

Like others said the alt right was hammered but you could make a great season about taking progressive policies too far as well. Betting that’s what we will be getting next with Neuman.

boomboom likes this.
  6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Meh.

GRENDEL likes this.
  8. MystikArkitect

A little too on the nose.

FrontRunner likes this.
  9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The my pillow parody literally made me lol.

FrontRunner likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This seemed like a series finally, and a long ways away from the ending of the comic.

Maybe it is setting up what Homelander eventually becomes, but doesn't that have to do with Black Noir?

Anyway, like I said, this sure looked like a series finally.

Xerobull and boomboom like this.