1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amazon TV] The Boys Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 7, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mave is underrated

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gus Fring

Invisible Fan and Rocket River like this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

4 episodes in to season 2.

Episode 4 was great! Which I am thankful for, because episodes 1-3 were all meh.

Here's to hoping the second half of season 2 is as great as episode 4!

boomboom likes this.
  4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

IMO...5, 6 and 7 really ramp up with 7 really brining some great action and storyline movement. If 8 lives up to what those three are building, my Thursday night/Friday morning is going to be epic!!!

edit: Just stumbled across Episode 8 trailer...WOW!!!

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Got some highs and lows for the finale

Now I'm interested in what the comics did....

That girl power gang bang way better than marvel's

#105 Invisible Fan, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  6. boomboom

Supporting Member

Just finished S2E8. That really felt like a series finale. Sure...there were a few open ends...but overall, is that the end? ;)

Also...FSCK FRESCA!

Ok...so now we know who was blowing up heads. And...is there any link between Victoria Neuman and the Nazis? Blowing up the leader of the Church was a pretty dark thing...so I'm curious to what her underlying motives are.

Stormfront is still alive...so I suspect she'll back at some point.

Can't believe they killed off Becca. Leaves so many options open for how Ryan will turn out as he ages.

The girl power gang bang was awesome!!! Need moar!

I know you guys see it as hokey...but I really dig the Hughie-Starlight relationship.

So many Vought options with The Seven. Maeve's got Homelander's balls in her pocket. Starlight and A-Train back on The Seven...what kind of friction is that going to cause with Homelander. (Speaking of friction...WTF Homelander...knock one out somewhere other than a building top in the middle of the city).

What happened to Cindy? She has similar powers to Victoria Neuman (apparently)...so when does she make a re-emergence into the storyline?

The Deep...what will happen to this guy who has been wronged by Vought and The Church? He's such a dumbass character...leads me to believe he will either join the Vought Fight or fall off the deep end (NPI).

Sucks we have to wait for the next season!!!

tmoney1101, Invisible Fan and arkoe like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

To me, the finale was a downer, compared to the 7 episodes prior.

Apparently, that last scene with Homelander was shot for an episode last season and was scrapped by Amazon. Which explains the hairstyle.

They never really explained why Stormfront was okay with Edgar. Something to do with Homelander's son? I forget. Edgar even touched on the fact that Stormfront is clearly racist / is basically a Nazi. Honestly, Giancarlo Esposito felt kinda wasted on this season.

I think they went a little too trigger-happy and offed too many people. Stormfront, the Church leader. The new characters introduced this season? Either dead or brushed off to the side. Lamplighter was interesting. He's dead. Cindy was interesting. Never saw her again after her one episode.

I get that Neuman is set up for something bigger. Maybe as a mole for Vought? But she was pretty bland as a character. Meanwhile, a lot of interesting characters died.

They should have kept the Church and its leader, alive and well. I was always interested in the Church, and thought they were going to explore it more next season. I thought they were going to establish it as a big bad or something. Now the Church is pretty much done, though it does set up Neuman.

@boomboom, you sure Stormfront is alive? After Butcher left the forest clearing with Ryan, Homelander and Maeve were there...next scene was the press conference denouncing Stormfront. They didn't say she was dead, but idk if she's still alive...

jiggyfly and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. boomboom

Supporting Member

I agree with your points. It did feel like a bit of a letdown compared to episodes 5, 6 and 7. There were a ton of great storyline options offed...which leads me to think they've kept the pipeline open for a return from Stormfront.

The good news is that with Compound V, there's practically unlimited storyline options moving forward.

Of course the main storyline of Homelander is still wide open. He's alone and unstable...which means anything can happen from this point forward with him.

9. boomboom

Supporting Member

Also forgot to add...I loved the part when Butcher was kissing his wife and The Boys were all smiling at him. His reaction was priceless.

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

They're gonna Vader suit up Stormfront.

[​IMG]

#110 London'sBurning, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    boomboom likes this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

So, if Ryan (son of Becca and Homelander) is the first natural-born Supe, and Vought knew where he was all this time, wouldn't they have done extensive genetic testing, blood draws, etc etc on both Becca and Ryan? Especially on Becca, as maybe she's the carrier for a particular gene?

Not sure if the show ever mentioned this, but have there been cases where a Supe offspring was viable up until a miscarriage or something?

It's interesting that this wasn't explored further. I wonder if female Supes can get pregnant. Clearly, Homelander's sperm is viable...biologically, I feel like a female Supe's eggs are viable too.

Then again, most people don't watch or wouldn't watch The Boys if they explored the science behind Ryan lol.

12. boomboom

Supporting Member

I think we lost all sense of realistic scientific questioning when the long dick guy tried choking out Mother's Milk. :D

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The boy could be a sterile donkey....

Since compound V changes human kids/babies after birth, there's no guarantee it also changes the dna of the sex cells.

Having two supes getting it on more of a mixed bag than a stable human getting it on with a sup.

Come to think of it, I wonder if the Ninja Turtles and Master Splinter were sterile...

Juxtaposed Jolt and boomboom like this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Stormfront had a daughter that was normal.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Oh, that's right!

Then I wonder if there's something about Becca's genetics that are particularly special. I guess it's a moot point though, at this point in time.

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Yeah, I dunno. I try not to think about the plot holes and have fun with the show. This isn't Breaking Bad or anything that's supposed to be compelling.

It's a good satirical action comedy. The supe villain school PSA was pretty good.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

M-Milk scene at the end no one mentioned was gold. karl urban is a beast but that actor keeps up better than the Twink.

great end. I share the thought that it seems like a series finale. S1 ends on cliffhanger, this pretty much wraps up.

jiggyfly and Rocket River like this.
  18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Holy **** this show is good. Probably my favorite show on tv after this season. Butcher is quickly climbing my list as my favorite character/ character portrayal of all time. Reaching Swearinger, Walter white, Tony soprano status.

Rocket River and B-ball freak like this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

just remember. . . no matter what you do . . . .
    Don't be a cunt!! LMAO!! <--- Advice for all of life

Rocket River

heypartner, McNultyisDrunk and arkoe like this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

nope

Rocket River

arkoe likes this.