1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 9/8/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 7, 2020.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

We don't have a chance if we played Frazier, Luc or Carroll.

RayRay10, Reeko and ak99999 like this.
  2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Overall I thought the team actually played well. Harden and Russ did their jobs and were effective. Rivers and McLemore let me down big time. I still don't like our defensive strategy of leaving Rondo wide open. We're not limiting AD and Lebron anyway, but to leave him wide open isn't a winning strategy. If even Dort can cook us for 31 points, Rondo can do it too.

Overall it's clear they have a bit more talent than us because they can go smaller by benching McGee and Dwight while still being able to get inside with their stars. We really need to be hitting our threes to have the advantage and they know this. They're trapping Harden hard and closing out on shooters. Their second half defense was pretty daunting.

RayRay10 and ak99999 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep, but anything is possible...sudden change in overall attitude, injuries, covid , personal reasons absenteeism etc

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

You know what's frustrating, the Lakers have made adjustments that everybody notices right away, they don't play Howard or McGee and they double team Harden at the correct moments. I have not seen any adjustments from the Rockets, in fact, I actually see them playing to the way the Lakers are playing. If they do lose this series, I really wouldn't feel sorry for Danandtony.

BasketMAD, ak99999 and bratna8 like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

cont'd,

wb being able to shoot. oh wait nvm

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Yup, basically Rivers and Mclemore need to step up. They both have been playing like crap. Rivers missed pretty much all the wide open 3s he attempted.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I figured game 2 would've lit a fire under the Rockets asses. Sucks to see I was wrong. And now LeBron is taking cheap shots at Harden post game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Pressure is all on Houston for the next 2 games. Glad Covington is ok.

BigShasta and ak99999 like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Daryl is better than most GMs out there, he's constantly been put in hard situations and has constantly come out well. He's done amazing with what he's had to work with.

pugsly8422, RayRay10 and daywalker02 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No doubt but he doesn't have the best tools or surrounding to work with. Other than that Harden trade.

RayRay10 and HP3 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

I think if he's allowed to tank and rebuild, he could make a really good roster.

topfive and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Damion Laverne

All three games were winnable (came down to the fourth quarter).

James needs to be more aggressive in the fourth. Russ needs to stop taking jumpers.

Bench needs to be opened up.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Also my apologies, I meant to say "if dude's like you or me" I wasnt trying to attack you there, that came out wrong.

14. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I would start with a solid coach which is probably a given if we lose (D'Antoni gone).

Not sure if Thunder would do it (Westbrook retiring as a Thunder), trade Westbrook back to OKC for CP3. Hopefully we can get some picks.

Trade Harden for a guy like Booker (Oubre, Booker and a 1st).

That will still make us competitive and re-acquire some picks.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. adoo

adoo Member

not likely,

rumors abound that Milwaukee will make a move to team up CP3 with Giannis and Khris Middleton

bratna8 likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Every single Laker player as a NET POSITIVE last night. Thats pretty impressive. Other side of the coin every single Rocket player except Austin Rivers was a NET NEGATIVE last night.

I think Milkhair was right .. all we have to do is play harder, and play better!! (clap clap).

Getting killed on the glass hurts bad too, but that was to be expected somewhat, but the ROX need to start getting more loose balls.

Fun series huh!?!?

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why?

20. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

@HP3 is clearly a Morey apologist. Harden was his only slam-dunk trade, and that was almost a decade ago. Morey remains this GOAT GM in Rockets fans' eyes because he gives up farms for washed-up big name and gives up on talent potential immediately. MDA and Morey is a match made in heaven.