1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 9/8/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 7, 2020.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Im not sure small has anything to do with it. The lakers are one of the top defensive teams in the league. That includes against teams with traditional bigs. AD is a one man army defensively but when you add in lebrons roaming and his bball IQ they can make it tough for anyone.

deb4rockets, Patience and HP3 like this.
  2. SORF

SORF Member

Pretty much. Also, we didn't shoot our normal amount of threes. 12 of 30 threes...and the ones in the 4th, were lousy shot threes. The Lakers were 10 of 30 on threes. We played their game, not ours.

bro2044, Patience, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

I just want to vent a little.....I really HAAAAAATE losing to Lebron man, it's really annoying losing to this dude and then have everyone kiss his ass. I don't want our team to be a stepping stone for this dude's story, I straight up do not. I can't stand this guy.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Send that message to Tilman who pulled the trigger on the trade to get Westbrook.

AuburnRocket, BasketMAD and HP3 like this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Is RoCo okay?

6. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Thanks for info !

7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You say it very matter-of-factly, but Harden is gone eventually if the team doesn't figure out how to be better than a middle tier playoff team. Hopefully, MDA, Morey, and Westbrook are somehow gone in the offseason (listed in order of likelihood).

8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Imagine going from that 2017-2018 season to being glad the Rockets beat OKC in 7 two years later. Very depressing.

9. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

His off-ball defense is terrible. Just a coincidence he's the lowest plus minus (-14) yet again, I guess...

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Daryl Morey knows more about basketball than you bro. If he leaves this franchise is in the toilet. You saying you want him fired is just outing yourself as a person with little knowledge. Just go away bro, you are a toxic personality that is only here when we lose, what kind of a fan is that?

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

I feel like we are heavily outcoached. They got Vogel + LeBron + Kidd +Rondo setting up gameplay, making decisions on the fly and having always player-coach on the floor. They are tough

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This game is on House...

How tf you gonna get suspended a game during the playoffs for personal matters homie..

W. T. F.

13. gogispade

gogispade Member

where was Danuel?!

CF still staying positive about 4-2?

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I think as we saw in the OKC series, the Rockets are a team where the parts don't equal the whole and that comes down to roster construction and leadership.

pippendagimp and AuburnRocket like this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

the dumb bleep who gave a poisoned pill FA contract to an unproven flash in the pan, JLin, in favor of
    keeping a proven young PG w 2 solid seasons w the Rox under his belt, Goran Dragic.

imagine a back court of Dragic and the Beard, w lots of cap space

BasketMAD, daywalker02 and CometsWin like this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

And there you have it, exact proof of what I was saying:
    - McLemore is now ineffective and unlikely he'll now be able to contribute. MDA killed his spirit.
    - 7 man rotation due to House not playing equals tired legs. Rivers gives us nothing again yet stays on the court. Give me some Frazier or Carroll for win's sake.
    - stagnant offense, when Harden was doubled, only Westbrook got the ball on some cuts. We don't move nor make it easy. Did you see how it long it took for us to get the ball when RoCo was cornered in the 2nd quarter and luckily Harden finally decided to cut and got the floater?! Even without the doubles it's just too easy to defend us. We attacked early, but then in the 2nd half got rattled and played stupid.
    - no adjustments. Do we have a coach?

On top of this, we didn't box out and played undisciplined on defense. This game is not on Westbrook, he played alright, though some of those turnovers and shots he took, my god. Harden however was as usual not even trying to beat the double-team or get lose from his man. Does he know the opponent does not have a magnet and he can just move away from them?

By the way, what are we trying to prove by driving on Lebron? Rivers had that fast break with 4 seconds left. Instead of passing it to PJ or taking the shot he drives on James, really?! Also Westbrook did it again. Gotta be smarter than that. In general I give credit to Lebron and the Lakers for adjusting and turning the heat up. They earned this win. Good coaches adjust. MDA might be better overall than Vogel, but at least he makes changes to get his team a chance to win.

This series is over if we don't adjust, but since MDA was quoted as saying we don't need to adjust, just know who we are at this point and play our game, I have little hope. This game was there for the taking, even with Lebron going off.

bro2044 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yet majority predicted 4-2.

18. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

We are short, we lose a lot of rebounds and shooting. Westbrooks shoots good accuracy 2, we still lose. Harden and other players should shoot 3 points only.
    Good defence plus good accuracy and shoot more 3 points except westbrooks are the only way

19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We didn’t play our game. Our game only works most of the time when we take way more threes than the Lakers. We failed to execute our game plan. Whether or not they defended the 3 pt line well, we can still shoot more threes than they can. We’ve also been waiting for the defense to get settled... which is the dumbest thing harden does. Attack the damn basket before the defense settles. As for the refs, we have to include their officiating into the equation. Just give the Lakers 10 points every night. Then play like we’re already down.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's the NBA hidden rules. Two 1 seeds are not losing in the 2nd round.