1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 9/8/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 7, 2020.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Good points here....hope for different going forward but if things remain the same, the odds are not good of turning this around. The fly in the ointment seems to be the 4th qtr. Don't know exactly what the problem is but we need to find it and fix it FAST.We are behind the 8 ball because we have ZERO and I mean ZERO inside game. And, I don't think the bench is going to save us unfortunately. There is no consistency. We really can only play one way..small ball and, if it means that JH and WB need to score 12 more points between them, then so be it. You play the cards you are dealt.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I mean if people take a step back and think objectively can you really even be mad? Houston is a middle tier playoff team. They have system and line up issues. They really don’t have any business beating this LA team. They have the superior players and system. The defense they are playing is phenomenal. Houston and MDA literally have no answer for what to do on offense. On defense LBJ and AD are just feasting. Getting what they want and when they want. I don’t expect any blowouts but I think this is over in 5. They will all be 10 or less point losses though.

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Luc has barely played in the last couple of years. What do you think hes going to do on the best player in the game? PJ couldnt do anything what makes you think luc could? We gotta live with it.

4. Mr. Space City

LOL put Luc in this series right now and he's gonna feel like everybody is moving at 230 mph.

bro2044 likes this.
  5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Also at some point Mike has got to coach in this series. We can’t continue to let Harden get doubled. This is the type of series where he needs to be off ball more often than not and be quick and decisive with his movement once he gets the ball. I mean he HAS to have some
    plays right?

But this won’t happen.

joshuaao, bro2044 and bmelo like this.
  6. SORF

SORF Member

Wow...blaming Harden again. Look at his stats...
    Harden... 38mins. 11-23 fgs 4-9 threes 7-7 fts 9 rebs. 9 assists 2TOs 2 fouls 33pts
    Harden almost had a triple double...doesn't look to me that he is responsible for this loss.

gatsby, Theking, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

They playing over the top... and then on defense they clog passing lanes with long arms and have Rondo on the ball and everybody is scared of LeBlocks... and we are hesitant to shoot.... recipe for disaster with that small of a lineup

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lmao@ people saying bring in Luc. You might as well ship Yao over and put him in while we are at it

bro2044 likes this.
  9. AuburnRocket

Yep...if he's being doubled someone is open if they MOVE !

bro2044 likes this.
  10. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah why the **** can't give the ball to the guy on the go? Run some Yao-Tmac JVG flair for him to get him ball on the midrange running

11. Mr. Space City

Austin Rivers the last 2 games

[​IMG]

CK Johnson likes this.
  12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

MDA had opportunities to give him some burn since the beginning of the bubble from the scrimmage games and he didn’t. Of course he ain’t going to trust him now but that’s on him. At any rate we still have Carroll and he won’t play him either.

pippendagimp and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  13. AuburnRocket

I know 21 of the points came in the 1st half, so 12 in the 2nd half. Happen to know what he scored in the 4th ? Serious question...just wondering.

14. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

The problem with the shorter rotations is compounded by playing small-ball + playing every other day. They'd be better off having travel days. Oh, and missing the self-proclaimed second best two-way "playa" Danuel House Jr. didn't help.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Harden is doing all he can.

If LeBron James is playing like he is 25 instead of a 35-year old player, and their supporting cast is hitting shots, there is no much the Rockets can do about it.

Playing small ball, the margin of error is zilch. Even losing a rotation player can torpedo the whole thing because it means our guys will play too many minutes and be gassed out by the 4th quarter.

Morey's experiment with small ball may soon be over. I think we can do through stretches of games like the Warriors, not a whole game, at least with a short rotation.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't believe Lebron can still totally dominate a game at 35 even
    I can't believe 35 year old Lerbron can still completely take over and dominate a game.

17. SORF

SORF Member

While Harden was sitting out at the beginning of the fourth, we had players open to take the 3, but would pass out to another player. We had players tossing the ball around afraid to take a three until time ran out so whoever had the ball with a couple of seconds left, took a horrible attempt at the three. That was where we lost this game. The Laker's scored 10 points while our team played "hot potato" threes. Fear always loses...take the open shot. If it goes in, great. If it doesn't, then try again next time.....but don't pass it up. Fear is 100% non effective. Taking the shot is 50/50...better odds.

apollo33 and tehG l i d e like this.
  18. SORF

SORF Member

I believe at the end of the third quarter, LeBron had 29 points and Harden had 27 points. So Harden scored 6 of our 20 fourth quarter points when he came in at the 9 minute mark. LeBron ended up with 36 points. Harden also had an assist in the fourth on a EG 3, so he was responsible for at least 9 points of the 20.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

we panicked after the Rondo and Caruso 3's plain and simple. Our offense did not know what to do with the doubles everything was out of rhythm

20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

There's nothing to be mad about here. It's a tough loss, but they were the better team. They probably are the better team. Lebron is still unbelievable when he is playing at his best. When we are playing at our best, we can go toe-to-toe with them, but beating them requires everything to go right for us and more than a few things to go wrong for them.

Jayzers_100 likes this.