1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 9/8/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 7, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The lack of height was too much to overcome, at best it was going to be a 7 game series.

You put in twice the effort 6'10 players do, and that with multiple 30+ yr old veterans.

Might still be close if they hit every shot.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Not every move a GM makes is gonna be great. Daryl Morey is a great GM and if dudes like you were running it, the franchise would be in the toilet, I'm sorry.

RayRay10 and TWS1986 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The point was hiring excellent professionals, not CF semi pros and toilet scrubbers.

And not the son of Ferntits.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

True and House was out. You can't go with a 6 man rotation all series and expect to be fresh in the 4th. Jeff Green is all we had off the bench yesterday. Rivers and McLemore are garbage.

bro2044, TWS1986 and daywalker02 like this.
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Haha. Who is a toilet scrubber on this team?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

On the forum.

Because you asked, picking up cheap role players feels like scratching the bottom of the toilet/barrel every year.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OMG, I am with you there. Just listening to the announcers go on and on and on about him was like rubbing salt in a wound with a brillo pad.

HP3 likes this.
  8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Its just a broken season, Covid and 2020 and with all thats happened, thats why. Had it been a regular year, same stakes, home crowds etc, yeah I'd be more disappointed. They went all in and little did they know it matters a little less because we'll never get true reg season records, homecourt advantages, real crowds etc. Plus NBA wants LA vs LA so bad. We can't be 100% smallball all the time and win, its the silliest thing, but I do thjnk we're doing better than we would have with the team as it was in January. I just wish we hadn't had months off and WB injured. I would've been more interested in seeing that team. Oh well, its only 2-1.

A lot can still happen.

Even if LAL has figured it out, its not like they're blowing us out. Each of these were winnable games where they just pulled away a bit in the last couple of minutes.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Frustrating loss because I thought the Rockets played well. If LeBron and Davis play like that then the Rockets don’t have a chance. The Lakers just look like the better team.

daywalker02 and adoo like this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Two games in a row now Rivers and B-Mac came in and did nothing. No rebounds or points. Just bodies. Tucker added in 3 pts. Just think, if those 3 had made just 5 points each we would have won by 2.

Man, games like last night make me wish we Jokic out there who can take 3's and defend that rim. Watching LeBron and AD have their way in the paint was hard to stomach. All their second chance tips back into the net were hard to stomach. All those blocks were hard to stomach. We can't win without taking 50 3's and having a good % and they know it.

I'm worried now, but not giving up hope. We need a 3fest frenzy!!!!!

ak99999 and RayRay10 like this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I miss the ally oops, don't you? My highlight of the night was this play. Now that was fun to watch.

MVIMG_20200908_214202~2.jpg

MVIMG_20200908_214107~2.jpg

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

oh well it is what it is.

rondo was always one of my favorite players earlier in his career with the celtics, earlier in his career with the celtics...Who knew he'd develop a 3 point shot like he has. obviously been working on his stroke.

as usual our offense is too easy to slow down with a defensive stopper on harden. Bron's been playing great D too even on the perimeter.

Russell hasn't been coming through. We need his A game. it is what it is.

lakers are dirty. cheap fouls. get away with it.

it is what it is. i blame tilman. he didn't want to open up the bank account and get us more good role players.

starting to feel real bad about next year and beyond.

We need another Dog in there besides rivers or mcclemore but that's all we got.

still holdin out for hope. Lakers have been playing great defense. hope their legs tire out.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. pippsux

pippsux Member

Rondo’s 3s , where did that come from?

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Mike Dantoni 6 Man Rotation really destroyed the Starters Stamina

Lakers with a 8 man Rotation More Rest and Stamina

15. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

ARiv dropped that career high 41 a month to early! :p
    The BMc point is a good one. He had a decent regular season. Averaged 10ppg shooting overall 44%fgp and shot 40% from 3. That is sad. Russ and James need to pull him aside and try to build him back up.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

what do you expect from a young player like him....Rondo's an old vet with ice in his veins. less skilled but more confident. that's what we get for the minimum

jdiggidy likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Must win for the rockets tomorrow. Being down 3-1 pretty much puts this team in wraps bc of the way they play. It’s not beating the lakers 3 times in a row in which case.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

HP3 and RayRay10 like this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's because it's Rondo of all people that won them the game lol. We actually went shot for shot with LBJ and AD. But then Rondo fukd us on both ends of the floor

20. JW86

JW86 Member

People saying we lost due to officiating, stop. We lost due to having a coach who doesn't believe in adapting, who doesn't trust anyone beyond 6-7 guys, doesn't have the balls to play Frazier, Luc or Carroll. And quite frankly, Lakers turned up their defense and just took away our weapons which exposed our lack of diversity. Personnel change might help, but first coach needs to go and Morey as well if he cannot a coach who will not be his puppet.

BigShasta, BasketMAD and hakeem94 like this.