1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Say his name] Cannon Hinnant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You say blacks are more violent than other races and then you cry about people suggesting you have racist views???

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are one of those. You don't believe Racism exist.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Do you get your 'Hood" dry cleaned or just put it in the wash?

We know black on black crime is a HUGE problem. We know blacks commit a higher % of murders vs the percentage of the population. However, you know what, that doesn't excuse the inhuman treatment by Police because of skin color. Police are there to protect and serve the ENTIRE community, not just white folks. Treating people with RESPECT would eliminate many of the issues between minority communities and the Police.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

@Astrodome is right. We should look into our gun problem in this country.

DVauthrin and dmoneybangbang like this.
  6. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have to say that watching your transformation from a semi-reasonable conservative to a full blown Qingnut has been sad, fascinating, and frightening. I've seen a similar dynamic occur with a couple of old friends/acquaintances on facebook. I never would have believed just how effective propaganda could be in a society like ours, if I didn't see it happening right in front of my eyes.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The crime statistics indicate that they do commit more violent crimes. Not a racist view at all.
    You are bringing nothing to the conversation except calling me racist. That is all you have said in multiple threads. I dont know what response you are trying to illicit.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If you really look at my statements, they are not that extreme, nor racist. I blame main stream media for much of our country's unrest. They incite the hate. I will defend my opinions when necessary but i very rarely respond with personal attacks.

Corrosion likes this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Obtuse ....

10. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

The data says that blacks are more violent than other races.
    Defined as violent incidents:https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv18.pdf pg.13 table#14.
    A white person is 10x more likely to be a victim of black violence than vice versa. That’s UNACCEPTABLE.
    So when an egregious example of the data manifests itself it makes non brainwashed whites think of the double standard with the media pissed, and those who know the actual statistics ****ing livid.

Astrodome likes this.
  11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Once you can guarantee mob injustice won’t be a thing you can have my “assault weapons” till then ,...stay off my lawn gawdemit! The second amendment is the great mob injustice equalizer in this nation. No justice, No peace,... No peace, No take my guns lol

12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The only mainstream media outlets that are constantly pushing a false narrative are Fox News and OAN. There is a massive difference between having a liberal slant like CNN does compared to acting as a marketing and promotional arm of the Republican Party as Fox News and OAN do.

Also, the story is sad and disgusting, but, as of now, it isn’t a racial injustice story. If, later in the investigation, it is determined that the killer murdered the little boy because he was white, then it becomes one. Right now, it’s a topic for local news stations in the boy’s town and should be covered on the websites of all major public media outlets in the section that covers news around the U.S.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Given the crack...uhhh opioid epidemic, middle American white folk in rural areas are getting there in terms of social justicing a.k.a. getting bled bone dry.

Maybe in another 10-20 years, but it's a comin.

Of course, it won't be a "culture" or "accountability" problem, but an honest to goodness Humanitarian Crisis gosh darnit!

So what is the real issue here...

Let's make a deal, we address the root cause of gross inequality and I'll definitely push for more agency and accountability of groups The Media doesn't want to shame or report.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you on some of that. Not the CNN part. I think mainstream media made floyd a racial story prematurely. Then the country went nuts. A white, asian, and black cop subduing a black man on drugs very improperly should not have been immediately labeled racial injustice.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That doesn't adjust for income / poverty level you realize that. The data doesn't say at all that being black makes you more violent. That's some disturbed assertions you are making.

You can spin data to justify racist views of course. Good luck with that.

DVauthrin likes this.
  16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

@Astrodome Here we go now you brought out the white supremacists...burn any crosses lately?

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The crime statistics show that the correlations is with poverty level, not race.

But racists like to cherry pick that out so they can say blacks are more likely to be criminal which supports their white superiority.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You need to learn how to read. The table you cited shows that in violent crimes involving white victims, 62% of the offenders were white, and 15% were black. For black victims of violent crimes, 70% percent of offenders were black, and 11% were white. Those stats show that in 2018 blacks killed whites at a rate roughly 30% higher than whites killed blacks.

#58 DVauthrin, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  19. jcee15

Socioeconomic elements may explain some violent crime(it doesn’t) . But a 10x more rate? Why are there soooooooo many white victims of black violence?

20. jcee15

Adjust for per capita.