1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Say his name] Cannon Hinnant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

people love to use somebody’s death to push an agenda

“if he was white or black, blah blah blah”

pathetic

anyways...arrested, charged, and will be spending the rest of his life in prison

hard to believe that somebody could do something like that...it seems crazy, but that’s the case until further details are released if there are any

JayGoogle, DVauthrin and vlaurelio like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is a good case for proper gun control... except for the fact that a bunch of cute little white kids get shot up every year with one half of Congress not batting an eye or shedding a tear.

Why are republicans so chicken **** about passing lasting laws? If gun control is too aggressive uhh maybe put on your big boy pants and fix it?

I don't even like Obamacare that much but at least it tried addressing the problem of tens of millions of uninsured Americans that are one ailment away from bankruptcy.

But no...Abolish it instead of improving the initial goal!!!

#22 Invisible Fan, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    DVauthrin likes this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Local affiliate of MSM

LOL who said Trump was touched by God in the first place?

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

AKA the last 3 months. Hell, it's ok to break social distancing practices during a pandemic to push certain misguided agendas.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think you should have just started the thread out with this, because there are several questions that arise from it that can be discussed/debated:

- Is that even true?
    - If it is true, why might that be? Is a white dude shooting a black kid more likely to be a racially motivated incident than if it is a black dude shooting a white kid?
    - Suppose the two incidents are racially motivated, one where a white guy kills a black kid, and one where a black guy kills a white kid. Should one be considered any more news worthy than the other? Does a "white-on-black" crime have the same social significance as a "black-on-white" crime?
    - Should news stories be selected/filtered according to what is deemed to be socially significant? Who makes that determination?

Astrodome likes this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Astrodome likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The OP is rather dense, so I'll spell it out here:

Every day there are way too many shooting deaths (and other killings) for every one of them to attract a great deal of attention (See here: https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=shooting+death&FORM=HDRSC6). When a person killed and the killer is arrested and prosecuted, it how the justice system is supposed to operate in the ordinary course and people are not typically not out there protesting asking more to be done.

Outrage and extra attention is attracted when something happens that is perceived as out of the ordinary happens-- when the killer is not arrested, is supposedly protected by some form of immunity, when the body county is particularly large, etc. Tamir Rice's sparked outrage because his killers were not held responsible. Trevon Martin's death sparked outrage because his killer still walks free. The same issue arises in many police killing cases-- the person responsible for killing another were not arrested (or at least not very soon) and are protected by the justice system. People protest when they see a failure of the justice system.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think the bigger topic of discussion is why are you and other "Conservatives" feel so aggrieved about racial injustice activism? If you aren't a racist or a cop that is killing unarmed black people why does that affect you personally?

We know why you created this thread. We aren't stupid.

I have a 5 year old that means the world to me. This is a sad story. However there was motive in you calling out this case and we all know it. I don't want to sit here and call you a racist. I want to understand and empathize on what the hell is going on with folks like yourself who watch FoxNews and support Trumpism. What is going on with this grievance? What is the root cause? Is it just defensiveness as a White Person where you feel like you are being vilified?... because you are not even if you feel that way. I look like every other Trump supporter here in Texas myself. I'm doing perfectly fine on the persecution front. Tell us what the heck is going on so we can understand?

DVauthrin likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

And when you hear the left b**** and moan about gun policy - it's because of things like this.

Nonsensical murders are SUPER common in America, our murder rate is very high. It's completely abnormal for a country with our wealth and development to have as many murders as we do. We have an awful gun culture and too much poverty which makes horrific shootings a frequent occasion.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dobro1229 likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We all know that many people hold racist views such as blacks are more likely to be violent than whites. Or that BLM should be focused on black on black crime just like cancer organizations should only fund the most common types of cancer, right?

Since white people also get shot, it must mean that it's ok to shoot up black people right? No such thing as racism or hate in your eyes?

Yeah yeah, we all know how you think.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I laid out why i started this thread. I knew i would be called racist. I have watched downtowns in this country burn down due to race. The media has driven us to this. I want to get along with everyone. If the media is going to only report white on black crimes and cops on black crime, we are in a bad way. I see through the narratives. The hatred that everyone has for each other right now is driven by the MSM and it shouldnt be this way. The stats dont show that blacks are being gunned down due to race. But lets loot and burn down wendys. GtFO

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So you just deflected to complaining about the media, but didn't answer what I was getting at. Why is this driving your grievance? How is this affecting you personally? Why is the media able to make this issue something that drives your grievance? It can't be your affinity for downtown Seattle I'm sure. And if you were from Seattle you'd know that Chaz is nothing new, and that a broken window at the Amazon store isn't the end of the world.

So why do you care that people care about racial injustice enough to be drawn to activism? Forget the media. That has nothing to do with you, and other Trump supporters. The media's storylines would mean nothing if it didnt tap into something you care about, or are fearful of for some reason.

What is the root here? Why do you care about people wanting to be involved in activism for racial injustice?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Here comes your racism rearing it's ugly head again.......

Come on, say it....Black Lives Matter......say it.......

I will bet you can say BLUE lives matter.......the only issue you seem to have is with the word "Black"

DD

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I want our country to be semi-peaceful again. I am tired of the arguing, the violence. The media is pushing a narrative that is false. There is no reason our first responders should be so hated. It is more than "broken windows" at this point.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks bro. Keep up the shitposting.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Who cares? It's a terrible story. It doesn't need to be politicized.

Give the guy the death penalty tomorrow, let mainstream media report it, and show the world this is what happens when you do something like this.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because you are one.

No problem, will keep on calling out your racism and dumbassery!

DD

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Astrodome is still pissed at the Katrina refugees.