1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Say his name] Cannon Hinnant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Aug 13, 2020.

1. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

I said nothing supremacist lol.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

A white, asian and black cop subduing a black man on drugs very improperly is how you would have initially described the George Floyd video? Seriously?

Anyone with a brain and a heart saw a despicable police officer that held his knee on a man’s neck for nearly nine minutes, refusing pleas to stop from the man on multiple occasions and innocent bystanders telling the officer he was killing the man and to let a first responder check his pulse to make sure Floyd was still breathing. Regardless of it initially being a racial issue or not, it was a clear case of police brutality.

#62 DVauthrin, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    Rashmon likes this.
  3. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've asked you before and you dodged the question. I'll ask again- What are your sources of information- specifically? If you think "mainstream media" is so untrustworthy, what news outlets, reporters, analysts do you trust?

KingCheetah likes this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I dont trust much. I read and watch both sides and try to form my opinions. Of course, there are some biases but I am human. I think i watch fox news and MSNBC the most. I read everything without a paywall. Never seen a second of OAN.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with the police brutality part. That is why I said the were "very improper". I am not defending their actions at all. Just the media's premature conclusions about race.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is derailed with all of the posters screaming "racist" and "white hoods" to anyone who has slightly different perspective of our nation's unrest. Cooler heads need to prevail.

I understand why many posters believe these things as that is the main stream media's narrative. The numbers dont back it up. They never did.

7. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Your OP said- "I can't find a link with an acceptable source for the D n D but it is a tragic story. " What were these links that would not be acceptable sources here? Where did you first hear about this story?

dmoneybangbang and KingCheetah like this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I saw it on fox news. I have been chided many times for using that source here.

9. jcee15

I’ll field this one.... none. It’s all provided to the masses to divide and conquer. Look at sources If any are included(most aren’t). Most media work on a subconscious/emotional level to illicit the emotional state they want you in to better absorb propaganda. If this wasn’t really a question oh well.

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Adjusting for per capita is what gives us the 15% rate for blacks killing whites and 11% for whites killing blacks. (The 30% difference I referenced)

There were 10 times as many total white victims of violent crimes committed by black people compared to black victims of violent crimes committed by white people in 2018, but you have to adjust for population size differences. According to the data, there are roughly five times as many white people living in America as black people.

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You’ve admitted it yourself here in the D&D.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

By the MSM or by your president?

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

14. gifford1967

Supporting Member

got it

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn I thought you were banned.

17. fchowd0311

Man if that didn't sound patronizing I don't know what does.

Do you think your life's training in reading books, practicing rhetorical and critical thinking skills makes you especially unique to being adverse to "the divisive mainstream media" propaganda that makes you special compared to the people you reply to here in the D&D that disagree with you?

If you don't have anything besides vague platatudic feelings, then you are nothing but full of bullshiat.

It takes effort and work put in to be better at distinguishing propaganda type rhetoric and genuine factual information such as reading and writing a lot. Sorry to be frank here, but with your posting history here, you just don't seem like that type. Like I've never seen you involved in a nuanced in-depth discussion here.

#77 fchowd0311, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

And this is why you're an awful person.

Rashmon and dmoneybangbang like this.
  19. fchowd0311

It's as if he can't ask the question after his claim of why Black Americans commit more crimes.

@Astrodome just wants to dish out symptoms of systemic racism and pretend they are root problems and the only reason people like them do it is so they can imply it's based on culture which basically means "genetic predisposition".

20. jcee15

There are almost as many whites with violent incidents by blacks than total number of violent incidents committed against blacks by all races. That 6 and 1/2 multiplier to equal gross population makes that 30% percent you reference increase rapidly in terms of raw data.