1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D.o.D. the Chat room policeman

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by DaDakota, Oct 27, 2004.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So, we are in the chat room chatting about Yao and Tmac and who will lead the team this year during the Spurs, Rockets PRESEASON game, and Dr. o. Dunk excercises his +m powers to stop chat so only the game update can go on.

As soon as there is a timeout in this PRESEASON game, he gives us the -m so chat can resume.

So I ask if it is really necessary to +m during a preseason game being that it is a CHAT room after all, and he kicks me.

Did he explain himself, or give an honest answer to an honest question? Nope, just booted me.

I am not sure if he kicked the others that also made comments about it being a bit over the top.

He seems to go deeper and deeper into being a chat room control freak each and every year.

Not sure why....but it is a chat room....I can understand with 500 people and a regular season game, but come on....PRESEASON???

I thought Chat rooms were for chatting......?????

Me don't understand.

Edit: Not only did he kick me but he banned my IP from getting into chat, what a joke !

I have 3 PCs that share an internet connection, and all of them worked with chat BEFORE he kicked me, now surprisingly none of them let me in....man, how very small of you D.o.D.

He is the chat room Nazi..."no chat for you !!"

DD

#1 DaDakota, Oct 27, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  2. asusman103

asusman103 Contributing Member

he also kicks mrdave543 out everytime he enters for no reason other than his personal pleasure....just my 2 cents

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

live with it;)

4. asusman103

just an FYI dont complain on here about it...usually makes it worse AKA mrdave543 losing account

5. DaDakota

How else can I see if anyone else has a problem? If it is a problem, I want to bring it up.

No big deal, not gonna make a huge beef, I just find it slightly aggravating.

I enjoy chatting in the "Chat" room, been doing it for many years, it just seems that recently things have gotten worse.

An honest explanation would be appreciated.

DD

6. asusman103

i agree with you completely...just giving you fair warning thats all, hope Dr is at least nice to you

7. DaDakota

I think he has a bit of disdain for me, I have noticed it in his posts that respond to mine.

Not sure why, but maybe he will post some clarity on the chat situation here.

A simple answer in the chat room to my query would have sufficed.

DD

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, that guy was a jackass.....just my 2 cents.

Seems odd that you remember the last 3 numbers of that moniker though.......

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

So what are you trying to say....

10. asusman103

ya i know him....good friends with him.. not hiding it

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

First mrdave's buddy : mrdave is not welcome because he's a nutcase. Come in with another nick - maybe I won't notice him and he'll be able to stay. Pass it on to him. You'd think he'd realize by now that he's going to get booted on sight after the previous years' run-in's with him, but sometimes I guess people just need help understanding. Speaking of which :

Now to change DaDakota's obviously tight diapers :

For the past 3-4 years you've been told repeatedly not to come in there and start arguments, debates, etc. DURING pbp. PBP takes priority over any other chat. Simply because YOU think it's just a pre-season game doesn't mean that others don't want to see the pbp - especially people that can't see the game. They're not there to watch a battle of "yao ain't the man" vs. "yao is the man".

During timeouts you can have at it. I let some commentary slide during PBP in the spirit of emotional responses, but I can't have you arguing about Scottie Pippen being among the 50 greatest or this being TMac's team not Yao's, etc simply because you get your jollies by inciting others. I also don't want to get into an argument with you about why I kicked you or banned while PBP is going on. And come on Dakota, you know damn well if I had only kicked you, you'd come back whining about how you were booted like a little schoolgirl just like you're doing now.

The +m was a warning. Maybe that didn't get your synapses firing. Maybe 1 and 1 just will never equal 2 for you. I apologize, that was my mistake for assuming it would. I promise next time I'll just say "Dakota could you please shut up?".

Oh btw, I loved your repeated posting of lunar eclipse links during pbp. Yeah, that was sheer genius. But I even ignored that and only responded by saying to keep off-topic chatter down or you will be booted. Did you listen? Nope.

Lastly, regarding my disdain for you in my posts? Well you obviously wanted me to respond, so : I think your posts are trivial, have the depth of an 8 year old's thought processes, lack any substance and rarely are backed up with any substantive facts. You really have nothing to say, you just happen to say it. You show it with 99% of your posts. Your posts are disgustingly devoid of anything worth reading and are usually just broken records skipping the same stupid beat. So yes, I don't think too highly of your posts. Quite frankly I think your posts suck harder than a starving baby on a pacifier. That being said, I don't kick/kickban people for hating their posts... that's something you earn.

So for anyone else that wonders, here are the few rules of chat :

During PBP, I don't mind people typing "I hate TD", "Yes!", "Damn", "Crap, we suck!" I do mind somebody trying to start an argument about TMac vs Yao and whose team it is. If it gets out of hand, you will see me post a warning. All I ask is that you cut down a bit.

During timeouts, you can start conversations about the game and what you think is right or wrong about the game, or the Rockets. You hate JVG's style of coaching? Let loose. Same goes for halftime. During halftime if you want to talk about something non-Rockets, go for it. I'd prefer you not, but whatever.

Once PBP starts, it's back to the Rockets and it's back to the game. It's not a time for arguing with Francis82985.

You very well could be auto-booted for cussing. Don't try to evade the auto-boot just so you can type some cuss words. Just accept it. And don't whine if you do get booted.

These have been rules for the past 3 or so years that 99% of the people in chat follow. Maybe some people haven't gotten the memo yet. Well this is your memo.

In summary : do not disrupt PBP in chat and try not to cuss.

1 person likes this.
  12. asusman103

13. DaDakota

Now this is just childish and uncalled for... :mad:

I said nothing about Pippen, just commented that Yao was not going to be the leader of the team, I thought Tmac would be.

That would work, or you could just send a nice PM saying it, your fuse has gotten really short for no apparent reason.

Sure, why would people want to have a bit of fun in a chat room, that makes no sense at all.

You call my posts childlike, this is unbelievably uncalled for and rude, and not appreciated in the least. Why the personal attack?

It is a Rockets CHAT room and I don't see how talking ABOUT the Rockets during the game is going to hinder anyone's ability to follow the game, it is not a radio station, or a TV, it is a CHAT room, a place for fans to go and root for their team and be connected to other fans, a place to vent, to get excited, to cyber high five, it is NOT a place where people are dying to read the game update, it is a nice feature of the CHAT room, but it is a feature, if you are trying to kill the CHAT room, and make it a place devoid of fun you are well on your way. Who made these innane rules up anyway, you????????????

Thank you for responding, though I find your personal attack about my posts to be beyond civil. Not sure how saying a bit of disdain requires you to go off on another contributing member. A simple, I don't like your posts would have sufficed.

I would think that you would at least have the professionalism to answer a question in chat, or you could at least PM me, however, you chose to make a big deal by banning me from chat for commenting with one or two others during a meaningless preseason game.

Did you kick them too?

I appreciate that you spend a lot of your time here helping out with chat, and it may even be your personal program donated to Clutch City, and if so, that is awesome.

I will avoid the chat room, and will avoid your posts, since you seem to value mine so little.

Good luck D.o.D, I hope you lighten up a bit and have a very successful life, but after that diatribe don't come looking for a job from me.

:(

DD

PS. Isn't "damn" a curse word, and why is it called a CHAT room if you are not allowed to chat?

#13 DaDakota, Oct 27, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

15. DaDakota

It could be his roomate, or it could be him.

DD

16. asusman103

i just copied and pasted what he sent me over aim...used to live with him. belive me if u want not worth lying about. idid create the name after he was banned because he asked me too and i enjoyed looking at the site all the time. not trying to start anything here, just helping a good friend

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

ok...I can handle this part....the reason why dave made it thru the first game was cause DoD wasnt in there...I was modding the room that night and didnt think you deserved to be booted, you manged to behave just fine...but it isnt my call...I had Ops cause I was the first one in there.....now that there is a official clutchfans chatroom...what the Ops says is what goes...

you should know by now that complaining to them isnt gonna change it..

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Get over it, it's not like you can't push his buttons tommorrow. :)

19. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Speaking of getting booted from the chat...I have a dirty mouth...well...fingers. I think some mIRC scripts have a way to change what you say to a random word that isn't quite as bannable. I've been caught up in a Steve 23 1/2 second dribbleland rant and all of a sudden...whoops...goodnight MiG, see you next game. :(

You guys will be seeing me back in chat this year...possibly with some audio links for some games. :p

20. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I don't go into the chat room for games, but I have a question anyway...How is it possible for a person to not stop themselves from typing in a cuss word? I use too many cuss words, especially at work, but while typing? Are you seriously telling me you can't stop yourself from typing cuss words?

Bizarre.