1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D.o.D. the Chat room policeman

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by DaDakota, Oct 27, 2004.

1. asusman103

asusman103 Contributing Member

we are obviously in the minority but thats exactly how some people feel. gonna just drop it now enjoy the chat

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

mrdave would blatently do it...

i don't think damn will boot you out (its an automated filter, I believe) but **** will (**** is one of the most common used ones)

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I believe that, and I also believe that you know the Nazi comment was a Seinfeld reference and was intended as a joke.

As for the Control freak bit, well that is an opinion apparently shared by many, but it is just an opinion, much like the dribble you wrote about my posts.

Whatever, man you keep the chat room how you like it, no skin off my nose. And, I would happily SMACK back if I were not afraid of being banned from this blessed site, and I think that is tragic....people are missing some good smack.

DD

#43 DaDakota, Oct 28, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

on the topic of a secondary chat room....we have #clutchfans and #clutchcity

they are always open and unused during games...

come on in and chat to your hearts content.

and high emotion or not....cussing does not escape your fingers involuntarily...unlike when you are communicating verbally...

I totally understand letting a cuss word slip when talking...but letting one slip while typing is totally preventable.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Man, **** cussing :D.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

hey...at least you could cuss in different languages and noone would know what you said...;)

7. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Every time one of these threads gets started it always seems as if the complainer is just complainging with little to no merit. I don't understand the obsession with trying to call DoD out. I used to participate in game chats when I didn't live in Houston and never had a problem with DoD.

When I entered the game chat, I went in to replicate listening to the game on the radio, to get stats and game flow, and to "feel" the excitement and disappointment of games.

I did not go in to chat about the Rockets or talk about one player veses another. Frankly, that stuff does often get in the way of people who are just trying to get game info. Oh well.

It would be funny to watch DaDa try to SMACK back at DoD, though.

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I always felt that DoD had a thankless job in running the game chat and now after reading this thread, that feeling has been confirmed.:p :D ;)

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hey, what do you think I do all the time!

Nah...I'd get booted and perhaps banned for the remainder of the game... :(

Just trying to lighten up the mood in this thread ;).

10. DaDakota

Oh well,

I am over it, still think personal insults should not be tolerated, or if they are we should be able to hammer back.

:)

Gonna see if I am still banned from Chat.....if not, see everyone there, and I promise not to hinder PBP.

DD

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Not sure what happened...did I get booted? I didn't say anything...can't reconnect. Perhaps it's something with my connection...I have no idea :confused:.

12. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I remember one time when it happened for real. Biggz was doing play by play, and wanted to type "hits" but instead typed an anagram of that word. LOL. He got the autoboot because he wasn't voiced at the time.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

im calling DoD out.

I want to fight DoD in a steel cage inside the Sam Houston Coliseum.

You are mine.

what is DoD going to do when these seven inch pythons run on your candy, jabroni ass, because Kam Said so, over you.....SUCKA.

::spits water::

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

There are several complaints/arguments on this board that frustrate me:

1. "I'd say something, but I'm afraid of being banned."

As far as I know, NO ONE has ever been banned from this board just for disagreeing with a moderator and even for arguing with him. Now, if you go nuts and start emailing the moderators with profanity or threatening the lives of them and their family members (that has happened), you're going to get run. But, chances are, if you are just defending yourself, you won't have any problems.

2. "Hey, man, why are you getting so upset?"

There is nothing more frustrating to me on any BBS than a poster that posts clear shots at another member, gets an attacking response from the member and then says, "Man, why are you so bent out of shape? It was just a joke."

It is one of the lamest tactics ever used by anyone and it is a terribly weak way to back out of an argument while trying to make the other guy look like a reactionary freak.

If you call someone a Chat Nazi or a Control Freak, you should absolutely expect to get cracked back on by that poster. And, if they seem reactionary, NO ONE should be surprised because what may have been a joke to you doesn't sound like one to anyone else. There are quite a few posters on here who do this and it is annoying as hell every time.

3. Reactionary, "Why does X get banned?"

I can't tell you how many times I've read a complaint about something on the board and thought, "If they only knew." I'll see someone post a pissed off complaint about how "so and so got banned..." and not even realize that the person had been sending obscenity-laced tirades to Clutch for a week.

It reminds me of how everyone turns some small thing with the Rockets into a giant conspiracy theory. Maybe people just need to speculate, but chances are that if something on the board happens - person is banned, site name is banned, forums are closed, people are attacked - there is a reason that goes well beyond what anyone on the board actually realizes.

It frustrates the hell out of me that blame is almost instantly placed on the people who run the site instead of trying to figure out what is really going on.

4. "Why don't you explain to us why ______ ?

You know, there are reasons not all things are disclosed to the general public. If you don't get a response, there is a very good reason. Sometimes, it is better just to let it go.

----

I know this thread has taken a left turn, but it needed to be said.

1 person likes this.
  15. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course it has, you pinko liberal idiot.

Kam - you could just stalk DoD into submission. He would be defenseless.

16. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

I understand what you're sayin!

I got booted 2 or 3 times last season when I let out a quick "****!"
    It's totally possible to type it, for me anyways, without realizing it, just cause I can use it in most other chat rooms or message boards without thought, and it takes less than a second to hit 4 keys and enter, and you're often typing just pure reactionary in those amazingly wonderful or painful sporting moments.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You used vowels when I told you not to...

Actually the chat network went kaput (either that or some of its servers did). rockHEAD and I both were booted off, too.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There is a God! ;) :D

19. DaDakota

And you say you are not a nazi......Kaput?????

The evidence is right before everyone's eyes.

Jeff,

The Nazi comment was a clear Seinfeld reference, and calling someone a control freak is hardly equal to what D.o.D. said, but whatever.

DD

20. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

:D