1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D.o.D. the Chat room policeman

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by DaDakota, Oct 27, 2004.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Batman,

Very nice post.

However I was not kicked for talking during chat, since the +m was on there was no way to talk during chat.

I was kicked for asking whether +M was really necessary during a preseason game.

That is what I am pissed about....I ask a question, and get booted.

DD

#81 DaDakota, Oct 30, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

:confused:

What an odd thing to say. Somehow, I doubt that DoD is very keen on showing up at your place with a resume anytime soon.

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

"Press 1 if you want to trade Francis"...

"Press 0 if you think Boki sucks"...

Man...I love the way they vote in the chat room. :D

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love this bit. You can almost envision the droves of phantom email DaDakota supporters holding his arms back from the keyboard while he pretends to struggle and screams, "You're lucky my buddies are holding me back, man. You're lucky man, cause I'd tear you up, DoD! I'd run such smack that you'd beg for me to stop...if my friends here weren't holding me back. You'd definitely get what was coming to you! Everyone would talk worldwide about how stellar my smack is, Doc! But now they won't...because I'm being held back! All because of that!"

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

and maybe we could throw in a quarter so he can call the waaaaaambulance.

LMAO Raven Lunatic

#86 francis 4 prez, Nov 12, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Ha, well, I don't know about over and over, but occassionally I'll try to type something like "Good shot" and hit an "i" instead of an "o" on the keyboard because I type too fast and... uh... I tend to type that sequence of letters a lot. It happens. Certainly not every game though...

8. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Can't those who just want pbp put everyone else on ignore? Just use the shift key!

I think DaDakota has a point. The way it is now, it's not really chat. It's a pbp room. The description is a little flawed. I could care less about pbp. I want to hang out and cheer, get rowdy and have fun with other Rocket fans. (but like a cpu dork)

#clutchcity has be delegated to the "anything goes" chat room. It needs more pub. NOBODY is in there. :(

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

hmmm, maybe that's why nobody is in there...

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

actually....it isnt necessarily "anything goes", but the restrictions that are in place in #rockets to facilitate easier pbp viewing are not applicable in #clutchfans or #clutchcity since there is no pbp to worry about.

and since it isnt the 'official' clutchfans.net chatroom, the rules to make it more civilized(no cussing) arent needed either.

but still..some things are over the line.

excessive flaming
    spamming
    and any other overly nasty behavior towards your fellow chatters isnt tolerated

those that want to chitchat back adn forth and dont care about the pbp are more than welcome to go in there...if more people did, then it would be alot easier on the mods in #rockets.

try it out next game and see if you can get some decent chat going on....

or not...whatever..

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

and thats why people want to rant, cuss and generally disrupt #rockets ....

they want an audience for their antics, and #clutchfans doesn't provide for that :)

12. DaDakota

Or maybe they just want to CHAT in a chat room.

Call me crazy....

DD

13. codell

call me crazy ....but chatting doesn't necessarily encompass cussing, ranting and disruption

14. DaDakota

Agreed, no one said anything about that, but chatting about the Rockets during a game is what a CHAT room is all about.

Whatever, the rules are the rules....until they are changed.

It would all be solved if we allowed a small PBP window at the top.......

DD

15. codell

I said something about that .......people wanting to rant, cuss and disrupt and you said they just want to "chat in a chat room". They aren't one and the same.

Maybe you should go re-read the previous 4 or 5 posts. lol

BTW ...to the best of my knowledge, a small PBP window on the same channel is not even possible due to the chat interface. However, a separate room can be created, which has been done. Thats the best solution as I see it.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I had both windows open (#clutchcity and #rockets) during the last game (using Trillian) and it was good. (I actually got booted from #clutchcity, don't know why, I don't think I was even talking in that window, but no big deal, as I was not banned and could get back in to follow the pbp).

17. codell

I booted you for youre "fire JVG" in the middle of PBP (the "trade so and so" posts are becoming a HUGE problem).

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Ah, I guess I was just thinking/typing out aloud when we were so far behind... :D. It wasn't cussing or anything, though.

As I said, no big deal as long as one can get back in again...

19. codell

Its not, but having 20-30 posters type "trade so and so" (some do it multiple times in a row) is quite disruptive, and just plain annoying.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Fine, fine, I got the message...I think it was the only comment I made in like 10 minutes, but I am not arguing! :)