ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: The red-hot start for the Houston Rockets

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Houston We Have A Power Forward
Tags:  basketball, beats, greg smith, houston, houston rockets, nba, omer asik, terrence jones, work Tags
Old Man Rock is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
Old Man Rock
Contributing Member
Old Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #913
I always felt like T Jones had the potential to be the best PF on the team and looks like he has arrived. He is PPat with better rebounding and more tenacity. Okay he might be as good a shooter but he has potential. And he may not be as good a defender just yet but I expect he will be better in time. But what he definitely is a better rebounder than Dmo and better shooter than Trob and Greg Smith and better all around player than all of them.

I hope he beats out everyone and becomes are starting PF by seasons end. Of course it's just one game and he could turn into a bust but honestly DMo and Trob aren't cutting it and I just don't think we can play with Smith and Asik over any long stretch. Once scouted it shouldn't be long before teams start fronting and packing the paint. In spite of what some teams think that combination will not work long term. TJones may be our best answer right now. At least I hope.

Sponsored Link
bobmarley is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
bobmarley
Contributing Member
bobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13144
Bajale

1st loser 2011-2012 DonnyMost NFL Pick 'Em
Winner 2009 Clutchfan's Second Chance NFL Pick 'Em

"I feel great that I'm in the wonderful city of Houston." - Kostas Papanikolaou

DaDakota is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #3
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
Could be, but I doubt that the team would have kept him on the bench behind Smith and DMo all year if he was really consistently good.

DD

Jontro is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
But can he shoot 3's and do crazy spin moves that go round and round and round in the post?

AFS is online now Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
AFS
AFS is Omer Asik -- working the boardsAFS is Omer Asik -- working the boardsAFS is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47830
Too soon, bro.

trowa2 is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #6
trowa2
trowa2 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #53070
yuuuuuuuuuuup.

Yao4REAL is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
Yao4REAL
Yao4REAL is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodYao4REAL is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24623
I feel the same way...coach needs to instill confident in him and allow him to thrive and play his game. He should be allowed to shoot. I feel he's a good shooter.

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝@ HEAT, LAKERS 2013-2014

Jamers is online now Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
Jamers
Jamers is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJamers is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJamers is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Sep 2011
Member: #49600
bye bye t-rob

ahhh is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
ahhh
ahhh is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52658
Jesus

We could've had Kenneth Faried.

KillScarz is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #10
KillScarz
KillScarz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #50054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontro View Post
But can he shoot 3's and do crazy spin moves that go round and round and round in the post?
He can shoot 3s. How consistent? Thats the question. D-Mo was considered a good 3pt shooter but he struggles. And no, he is not a dryer!!
TJones weakness might the reason why he got drafted at 18 and why he was benching hard: his motor.

J Sizzle is online now Old 04-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #11
J Sizzle
J Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50387
Definite knee jerk...

But it's possible. Give it time.

Sydeffect is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #12
Sydeffect
Sydeffect is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSydeffect is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSydeffect is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSydeffect is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSydeffect is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47064
No he isn't.

An Optimist...Usually

clos4life is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #13
clos4life
Contributing Member
clos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29124
He has definite potential but right now his defense is bad. Worse than D-Mo. I like him though.

I'll stop when we get Love for Harden. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
The James Harden signing is Trevor Ariza magnified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROF2012 View Post
He did not play at star level in the last 3 games.

trowa2 is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #14
trowa2
trowa2 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #53070
the dude has low motor, but way better than trob

dmoneybangbang is online now Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #15
dmoneybangbang
dmoneybangbang is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2012
Member: #50835
Geeze.... way too son.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #16
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Cliche title. . At least it's better than "Birth of a PF."

DonatasFanboy is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #17
DonatasFanboy
DonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50323
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillScarz View Post
He can shoot 3s. How consistent? Thats the question. D-Mo was considered a good 3pt shooter but he struggles. And no, he is not a dryer!!
TJones weakness might the reason why he got drafted at 18 and why he was benching hard: his motor.
which was crazy to begin with. i've been watching him pretty consistently since way back in Europe and i never thought of him as a good 3pt shooter.
the craziest thing about the whole Dmo Houston hype process has been this good 3pt shooter image and Dirk comparisons

I never take an easy path. Easy paths are for quoters. - Donatas Motiejunas

CisBuds4U is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #18
CisBuds4U
CisBuds4U is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodCisBuds4U is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44215
lol...just stop. its. too. darn. early.

did you start a "houston, we have a pf" thread after DMo scored 19?

fangtiago is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:52 PM   #19
fangtiago
fangtiago is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52785
I like T Jones. He has great potential.

CDrex is offline Old 04-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #20
CDrex
Contributing Member
CDrex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCDrex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCDrex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCDrex is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39038
I like Terrence Jones, but chill out and give him a couple weeks to see what he does.