1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston We Have A Power Forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Apr 3, 2013.

1. conquistador#11

just in, t jones sent to the vipers before post #23

2. munco

munco Member

He seems to have the tools to be effective which is why a lot of us were wondering why he was lowest on the PF depth chart all year. He's been playing great in the D League but even when we'd call him up, he wouldn't get to play.

I was thinking after they moved P Pat and Morris, T Jones would get some PT but they actually put T Rob ahead of him. Granted T Rob was a higher draft pick, but T Jones has been with us all year. It just seemed like a slap in the fact to still not play him.

Finally glad he got in tonight.

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Because Robinson and Motiejunas all have tools to be effective? Jones isn't doing anything overly impressive besides hustling. He is horrid on defense also.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

By low motor, do you mean TJones is lazy or is easily fatigued?

5. imaginedragons

Yup, impacts the offense more than the defensive side. Same as when he was in Kentucky. Maybe he can be better off spelling Parsons at certain points to give the bench an inside scoring presence. I still like Smith at the PF though, big defensive presence combined with Omer, and this always seems to give the team overall energy when they make defensive stops.

6. Gil

Gil Member

Jones is miles better than Robinson. I called it in the other thread.

Great to see him getting a chance.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Cool. Now can we stop playing Brick-Mo? The most overrated player in rockets history. Just behind Terrence Williams.

8. nirianto

nirianto Member

I like his rebounding so far

9. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

This has been seen lately, i like DMo but i believe he needs to step in closer. Since you watched him in Europe, would you say his post game is consistent?

I wouldn't mind either Tjones, Trob, or Dmo as future all star PF. All of them have great abilities.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Looks like OMR hit this one outta da park!

I believe Jones could be the guy as well.

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Hey I am not basing this on the first half! I watched summer league and more and IMO he is the best we got right now. And I am not saying he is an all star or even a legitimate NBA starter. I am just saying for this team he is a better fit than DMo, TRob Delfino or Smith.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

TJ is a rookie and we should calm the heck down but I like what I see in this young man

13. munco

munco Member

While T Rob has a good vertical and some quickness, he rarely seems to use it unless it's a wide open dunk. Jones on the other hand seems to use his athleticism more.

I love D-Mo's game and still think he'll pan out. I want T Rob to succeed and he seems like a hard worker. When I watch him play though, I don't see it at this point aside from potentially being a good rebounder. T Jones seems to have the skillset and use of athleticism to be a player.

The thing that was most frustrating was seeing T Jones not getting PT after the trade when he'd been with us all year. He paid his dues but T Rob got time over him.

14. liljojo

liljojo Member

One thing's for sure, he deserves more minutes, especially with the way Dmo and Robinson are playing.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Say it! :grin:

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If Robinson developed a better jumper, he is the better fit on the team. He is an excellent defender which is what the Rockets need. Jones can not guard a power forward at all.

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

athletic as f*k. how refreshing to see

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Give him time. He's got the athletic tools. Jones has got ability.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Is it just Clutchfans Law to knee jerk over one game with all our players?

Please just give the dude some time. Great first performance...but it's one game against the Kings...

20. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

TJ reppin the Big Bug Nation like a boss!!!!!!!