1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston We Have A Power Forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Gil

Gil Member

He's had a couple of solid cameos before this game though.

He's a terrific rebounder, great hands, great finisher and incredibly athletic.

Defense obviously needs work but he's as good if not better than the other scrubs playing 4 for us.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the rebounds are easily the most impressive considering the Kings have a decent amount of PFs/Cs themselves. Rebounds - Defense all hustle/effort/desire based if those are good then you know the player has the right mindset and approach to playing.

Hopefully we can see more of Jones in this road trip

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

No it wouldn't. The D-League is why he was able to play so well tonight without any time all year. He is a D-L success story, he goes down there and works hard.

Who said low motor? If he has had some off the court immaturity issues, I am 100% fine with him sitting, but his on the court motor can't be questioned.

4. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

TJones looks, to me, to be the best PF we have in short order. The man's athleticism is just insane. No one even close to him.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

And I find those, along with this thread, equally pointless.

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

BS. Low motor? Worst excuse ever created

7. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

as i stated in the other T jones thread... is it just me or does he remind you of carl landry when he got his first opportunity with us?!! for some reason i can see it.. i just wanna see the high motor always on.. he was hustling tonight!

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I agree that Jones might be a better option RIGHT NOW than Robinson and maybe Dmo, but going forward Dmo and Robinson are the much better option

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This is my point, you don't have a better option so let TJones have a shot & see if he can do it. It's not like it's going to cost you a title or keep a better option off the floor.

10. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Tjones played great this game lets hope he keeps it up definitely earned himself some more playing time.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Time will tell, but he certainly earned more tonight.

Dmo has had his moments, Smith has had his, maybe it is Tjones time?

DD

12. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

He hasn't proven he is our answer at the PF spot, but he has proven he deserves minutes and a chance to earn that spot.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I've been saying all season before the trade the Jones was the best power forward and needed to be given a chance. After everyone else has been given a chance, glad to see Jones show what he can do. He will only get better with playing time.

14. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i dont see the upside with DMO that everyone else sees

15. nirianto

nirianto Member

Trob is a long way to go, he's rushing his game too much trying to do too much resulting in missed shots/lay-up near the basket. He also has a bad habit of trying to putback slam an offensive rebound instead of grabbing it and have another possession. Hopefully he can improve this summer.

16. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Thought this was a strange time for Robinson to get no minutes at all. Expected him to be kind of fired up.

17. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

We still have absolutely no idea how good T-Rob can be. He got a bum rap in Seattle and he's trying too hard in games right now. But wow is he quick. I think he jumps a little higher too. But DMo is going to be a better shooter than both and can play a legit 5 behind Asik. It'll be interesting to see who stays.

18. Arthurprescott2

Hey, we can all hope, right?

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

Until he strings games together, I will not be convinced. Dmo, and Trob all have had good games before

20. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Nice game TJ!

I definitely like TJ's game. The defense will come with time and experience. If all of our PFs practice hard this summer watch out.