1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amico: Rockets have a "keen eye" on Danny Granger

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Posted in the "Paul George may be expendable" thread but this seems to be a legit report from a legit reporter.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/02/04/...e/msn_landing.html?blockID=858721&feedID=3725

• Houston is one team reported to have a keen eye on Indiana forward Danny Granger. The Pacers aren’t totally against keeping the 29-year-old forward, who has missed all of the season with a knee injury. But following the emergence of All-Star Paul George, they are taking and making exploratory calls.

[​IMG]

2. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Noooooooooooooooo

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

YES PLEASE!

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not a huge fan of Granger's somewhat inefficient game.

But this should be a buy low thing. They already have his replacement, Granger is paid a lot (though contract expires next year), and is coming off injury - he shouldn't attract a LOT of attention. Some, but nowhere near the haul required for Harder for example.

So if you can move relatively few pieces, it also opens up the option of moving Parsons in a separate deal for a bigger piece... not that you'd want to, but that he is probably very sought after. I.e. - the dream Kevin Love scenario.

Some package that excludes Parsons for Granger followed by a Parsons led package for Love.

if the second part doesn't come to fruition, having both Parsons and Granger should provide some unique flexibility and Granger expires after next year, which isn't too bad.

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just because the Rockets are interested in Granger doesn't mean they are going to gut the team for him. He's a former All-Star who was the best player on a team that took it to the world champs last year in the playoffs. He's pretty darn good.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Meh = |

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If this is true, Morey must really feel like he has no shot at Dwight this off-season. Granger is a big expiring contract also next season which is good for the Rockets. I'm guessing Pacers would want some good bench bigs such a Patterson, and a pick.

9. JayZ750

I think that's the point. No GM is going to gut the team for him. And the Pacers might be satisfied with some cap relief and young assets.

Buy low.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's 29 so that worries me. He's a great 3pt shooter so he'll fit nicely with Harden. He's a rich man's Parsons and his contract reflects it.

He's an expiring contract next season too.

Gasol or Granger?

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

A small forward being paid $13mil for the next two years and who's also turning 30 in a couple of months. I don't get it. :confused:

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Danny Granger = Morey guy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ac-6710380

Actually Turned down Harvard. He > Lin.

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Whoever takes the least amount assets to get

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm a fan. He can play PF, too, right? I think he can, but I'll yield to someone who has watched him more closely than I have.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Their biggest need is a SG, starting calibre at the least for a Granger trade I would think. The Rockets might need a third team to help out on that one.

16. dobro1229

Im assuming that if the Rockets are making calls to Indiana about Granger you are probably looking at a deal centering around Delfino/ young PF/ +filler(Aldrich/TD)

I DO NOT think the Rockets would move Parsons just yet for Granger, but might view him as a player that could play alongside Granger off the bench at the 2, 3, 4. Giving up Parsons in a Granger deal is not something I expect.

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I'd rather keep the lineup intact and hold on to that valuable cap space. Unlike last season's team/roster, this time we can afford to be patient.

18. dobro1229

I think the player they might be looking to "swap" in a similar role would be Carlos Delfino, and add some frontcourt help with someone like 2Pat or Morris.

19. JayZ750

Well if they don't get any better offers we can give them a Delfino + Dmo/Jones type package. He's not a starting 2, but he is a 2 that can get really hot, and is really cheap, and can come off the books this offseason - or they can keep cheaply again.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Granger is a great trade piece that the Rockets could use for sign and trade. What unrestricted free agent would you want to Rockets to go after next season? Dwight? Smith? I hope not.

Granger or Gasol could be very valuable expiring contracts next season especially because they are still good-great players.