1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amico: Rockets have a "keen eye" on Danny Granger

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 4, 2013.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm with you on Josh Smith. I've followed the Hawks closely for many years and Josh is somebody that's always frustrated me as a spectator.

He's your classic example of a talented player that can't figure out how to play winning basketball. An example: despite being a career 28% 3 pt shooter he set a career-high in a shot attempts this year. Inexcusable. Yeah, you can blame coaching all you want, but teams intentionally sag off of Josh when he's eyeing up those 20-footers and he STILL takes them. He's not a good shooter; not a floor spacer. He's at his best in transition and attempting shots inside 10 feet of the basket.

All things considered, we would be wise to pass on him. He's not what we need at the 4.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I thought he might be a good addition at PF for the Rockets at the right price, but you would know better.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

My point was that I am on board with Granger OR Smith, but both doesn't make much sense unless Parsons or Harden is being moved.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

He's a Steve Francis. He would drive any sane Rockets fan mad with his shot selection and decision making.

In theory, adding this type of player makes sense. He's a two-way player that brings a lot to the table - so I feel ya. I just can't get over the lack of basketball sense that he has. Plus, with what we're trying to do, I think he's a poor fit next to a player like D12.

5. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Wait, sorry, slightly confused. Are you saying us going after JSmith OR Granger does NOT make much sense unless Parsons or Harden were being moved??

6. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

you dont move harden or parsons for anything!!! if we miss out on D12 i wouldnt mind using the space to get smith korver and dalembert. i think adding smith to the starting line up takes the rockets to the second round. korver and dalembert coming in off the bench takes the rockets to west conf finals and some clever maneuvering by morey can get us to the finals and keep us in the hunt for FA next year.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Going after one makes sense to play at the four.

going after both does not make much sense. Granger off the bench?

8. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

Coming off another injury, probably so. But that's an expensive back-up

9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

last year of his contract tho