1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amico: Rockets have a "keen eye" on Danny Granger

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 4, 2013.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

I think the bigger issue would be his role as the no.2 ballhandler on the team. Granger can and will play off the ball but he's going to take command of the ball and playmake too. 3 playmakers in the starting lineup doesn't work.

2. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

unless one of them (harden and granger) cedes to be a role player.

3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

True, but Parsons knows his role as a player. On this team, I don't think Granger would. Parsons' game is still on the ascent while Granger's game definitely is on the descent. Parsons' salary is a bargain while Granger's salary would be a team burden. Parson is at least two actual inches taller than Granger, and Chandler has the edge in athleticism and age. All in all, personally I'd rather stay the course with Parsons.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Shots are shots and Harden and Parsons play GREAT together. Parsons drives to the rim just like Granger. Parsons has the ball in his hands at least once in every trip down the floor.

Picture this: Harden drives and kicks to Granger and Granger drives and kicks to an open shooter or pops the open 3. That's exactly what Parsons does. There is no reason why Granger can't do it with Harden. He's done it with West and Hibbert already.

5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Granger has become a volume shooter a lot like Gilbert Arenas. He's hit hit shots at an ever decreasing percentage (each year in the league less accurate than the last). Parsons on the other hand is shooting 47% and almost the same as a healthy Granger almost across the board. This rumor must be false or there is some other target in addition to Granger.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've never heard of two star players on the court at the same time!?!

How do the Heat do it?

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

The issue would be Lin's role not the two foundational players.

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

If Morey could pry Granger from Ind that would be awesome. Having a legit SF to play alongside Harden would be tough to stop. Both guys can shoot and attack the rim. Granger is a good 3pt shooter.

Parsons is a bench player dont get it twisted. He has the occassional 20 pt outburst but for the most part he is a role player at this point.

Granger and Harden would be great building blocks for this franchise.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yes please.

10. jjc1

jjc1 Member

Seems like a Morey kind of move. Low risk (only 1 more year left on his contract) but high reward. Plus I think what we got to offer fits into what the Pacers want (young PFs to replace West next season and more cap space going forward). I think it will take Delfino, Dmo and either 2Pat or Morris to make it work. I also think Parson will be fine at the PF spot with our offense.

11. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Exactly. I was shocked when I read he is 29 O-O eureka.. I was for getting until findingthat out. And to have to give up young stud in Parsons, I do not want! But Morey isnt dumb.

12. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I agree with everything you said -- but I am a little worried about defense. Parsons at the 4 on offense is great -- having 4 ball handlers and shooters (if you count Lin) on the court at a time with this offense is great, and why Parsons at the 4 lineups have been so efficient this season.

But on defense, you'd have to put Granger on a 4 (because Parsons is not much better at 4's, and you can't turn your best perimeter defender into a below average post defender) and I don't think that would work out too well against a lot of teams.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

lots of great arguments for and against, don't know what to think

14. arjun

arjun Member

he is a consistant catch and shoot player, we def need more scorers and shooters.

come playoff time we cant have teams packing the paint against harden and lin, in a slower pace, and rely on patrick patterson or chandler parsons to space the floor.

granger woud be great if we get him or cheap and without giving up parsons

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I would only be willing to part with any combination of the following players in a deal for Danny Granger:

Marcus Morris, Carlos Delfino, Toney Douglas, Cole Aldrich or Greg Smith.

I would not be willing to part with Chandler Parsons (or anyone else) for 30-yr-old Granger, whose coming off a massive knee injury.

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Nice, I love being a mediocre team!

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Am I the only who who would want him to be our stretch 4 and keep Parsons at the starting 3?

18. Nook

Nook Member

You would see Chandler playing the 4 often.......

Lin/Harden/Granger/Parsons/Asik would be the team the Rockets would roll with. That group would fit the Rockets offensive philosophy perfectly (except Asik). The team would lead the league in scoring and potentially be an average defensive team.

19. Pete the Cheat

they would be interchangeable at 3/4 in my eyes

20. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

NOPE I think Granger and Parsons could switch back a forth between 3 & 4 depending on the match ups. The only problem would be defending the bigger fours in the league but the bigger fours would not be able to defend them from the perimeter either.