1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amico: Rockets have a "keen eye" on Danny Granger

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 4, 2013.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Granger and Stephenson.
    **FOR**
    Delfino, Morris, Aldrich, and Douglas.

Lin/Beverley
    Harden/Stephenson
    Parsons/Jones
    Granger/Patterson
    Asik/Smith

2. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

You can get an all star caliber player for cheap while not hurting your cap situation too badly for the future. Unless we are getting Howard or CP3 cap space this offseason isn't that valuable IMO. I'd much rather take a risk on Granger for 1.5 years instead of spending a bunch of money on a guy like Smith or Millsap.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No he's not, Paul George is there franchise player.

4. rocketblood713

I like it but I like the Josh Smith idea even more

1 person likes this.
  5. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

As a fan of Granger's I would love to have him on the Rockets. However, I just don't think he is the kind of guy we would be going after. He is 30, coming off of knee surgury and has another year at 14 million left on his contract. I also think the team likes Parson's next to Harden on the wing. If the Rockets are to make any moves I would expect them to be for a PF, or PG. I just don't see the Rockets going after Granger for multiple reasons including age, recent injury history, cap number and position.

6. CertifiedTroll

I would like Granger if he were a few years younger. He is nearly 30 and coming off a serious injury. I doubt he will be able to recover completely to his formerself :/ That being said if we can buy him low then it may be worth the gamble

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Maybe if it were still 2009.

Every single relevant marker for Granger has been sliding steadily the last 4 years, even BEFORE you consider that he turns 30 in April and hasn't come back from his knee issue yet.

You want to throw Parsons out for that and add in a third starter that needs plenty of shots to operate? All while team scoring isn't a concern? We need more swiss army knife types that can work the glass, pass, and defend. That's not really Granger.

The only upside I could see is that he represents a massive expiring next season. Unless someone thinks he's the perfect answer to our issues at the 4, I say pass.

I'm much more interested in "acquiring" Jones and Motiejunas.

8. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Even at 30 years old (IF HEALTHY) Granger would put up 20-25 points a game in this offense. But if Parsons can can continue playing like he has the past few games _ then I don't see it happening. Personally I would rather have Deng and Chicago may be interested in trading him.

9. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Granger? come on .....what is the point?

10. ashiin

ashiin Member

Could Parsons play the 4?

11. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I'd prob. B cool with it.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't see how age is a big deal here. Injuries? Most certainly a thorough physical has to be done. But Granger's game ages fairly well. I see no reason why he can't play at a high level for another few years. And there's a distinct dearth of SFs these days. You have Durant, Lebron, Melo(if he still counts), and George's potential for your top 4. Then who's next besides Granger? Gay? Deng? Gallinari? Evan Turner? Not exactly a deep field.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

No way Indy does this without Parsons in the deal. That is exactly who they would target as a cheap compliment to George.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I honestly don't see why Indiana trades Granger if he comes back and plays well unless they get some solid value back for him.

That's the main thing. They are looking to contend soon. Trading Granger is bad for them unless they get something enticing back.

I wouldn't want to lose Parsons for him at this point

15. dje243

dje243 Member

I'm more interested in Smith. We need another big plus defender and someone who boards at the 4.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

His O-Rating actually increases last season despite a drop off in TS% due to a significant decrease in TO%.

Granger's efficiency, by whatever measure, is actually not bad-- typically average to above average over the last several years. This is really good considering that he probably took a ton of end-of-clock/all-else-fails kind of shots for his team given that he was the #1 offensive option on his team. His USG% (measures how often a guy uses a scoring opportunity) was nearly 30% at one point and was still 25.9% last season on a good team-- in comparison, Harden's USG% is 29.2% so far this year.

The guy is a capable scorer and playing him next to Harden should help both of them increase their efficiency (and reduce turnover rate).

17. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

18. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

and hes a pretty damn good defender as well.

20. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

only a trade like this has a litle sence.
    I dont see the point, traiding for a injure player that will play again the next season with a 14 million salary.
    We will loose al the the salay cap space for the next season.
    wi can find equal or more value without given pics or good players