ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings
crash5179 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
What is Omer Asikís ceiling?
Iím not sure any of us really know but just based on his last four games itís obvious how much his game has grown. In that brief span he has 3 double doubles. In Asikís last four games his stat line is pretty damn good.

Code:
PPG	13.25
RPG	12
FG%	0.459
FT%	0.826
FTA/G	5.75
No one is ever going to confuse Omer for Hakeem but in todayís NBA thatís pretty damn good. Add to the fact that Asik is the premier defender in the league at the center position outside of maybe Dwight Howard or Tyson Chandler and itís more than just a lot of empty stats. This is Asikís first time starting and his first time to get 30+ minutes a night and the man is just a beast. No serious foul troubles, no stamina issues and if he is this good this early in the season when most of us probably thought it would take quite a bit of time for him to adjust to being a starter, then how good will he be in January or February once he becomes accustomed to catching the ball under the basket night in and night out?

James Harden is clearly our key acquisition of the off-season but without a doubt in my mind is that Omer Asik may be the surprise of the season and just as important of an acquisition down the road. I know itís just 4 games and in the next 4 he might only average 5PPG and 50% FT shooting but I think as hard as the guy works he is only going to get better and better on the offensive end under the basket and at the charity stripe.

If he just continues to work I donít think itís a stretch to imagine him putting up 15 points a night with 12 Ė 13 rebounds and elite level defense, and if he does that then he is all-star quality.

Sponsored Link
directshoot is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
directshoot
directshoot is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52806
But why is rox still at the bottom among west teams?

rolyat93 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
A healthy stronger Marcus Camby.

Captain Hook is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Captain Hook
Captain Hook is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47312
I think he can be a Turkish Tyson Chandler, which is pretty good if he develops a decent enough offensive game

darksoul35 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
darksoul35
darksoul35 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51448
I think making a wide open dunk would be a good start

jim1961 is online now Old 11-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
jim1961
jim1961 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejim1961 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejim1961 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44950
19 pts and 14 boards is his ceiling

AroundTheWorld is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
AroundTheWorld
Contributing Member
AroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1115
Good thread.

I'll be very happy with 10 pts, 12 rebs, 2 blks, much-improved FG % (something like .500 for a C), decent FT % (.700+) and still solid defense.

Basically like a Tyson Chandler with less hops and worse FG %, but maybe even more hustle.

I wouldn't expect him to score a whole lot of points all the time, if that comes at the expense of his energy level on defense. Just enough to contribute and keep the defense honest.

I really like his hustle and to me, he is the most positive surprise of the season so far.

comment removed

OCCUPY UNSORTED!
KEEP UNSORTED ALIVE!

mirus is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
mirus
mirus is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52119
poor tyson chandler with short block abilities

Phoenix Suns,Houston Rockets,New York Knicks,Indiana Pacers/Golden State Warriors

conquistador#11 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #9
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
more than 10 ft of clearance that's for sure.

(insert clyde drexler laugh)

I've been impressed with the improvement on his shooting form. If he continues to work, and by all accounts he is awesome at working hard, then 15 and 13 is an obtainable goal by next season.

cheke64 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
cheke64
cheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42238
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirus View Post
poor tyson chandler with short block abilities
He is better than that scrub. You kidding me?

JPhil93 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
JPhil93
JPhil93 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43653
I think he could easily be a double double 15 pt and 15 rebound a game kind of guy. Id be cautiously optimistic that he could do any better just because hes not a guy you really run the offense through. Completely honest though the points and rebounds arent what impress me the most about the guy. I think his defense is impeccable and the fact that he hasnt been in foul trouble yet. That is what really astounds me about Asik.

mirus is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #12
mirus
mirus is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52119
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheke64 View Post
He is better than that scrub. You kidding me?
chandler does a lot of intangibles.so does omer. i'm saying poor because of asik's offensive abilities ,not because of defensive abilities

and scrub is in the eye of beholder

Phoenix Suns,Houston Rockets,New York Knicks,Indiana Pacers/Golden State Warriors

dje243 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #13
dje243
dje243 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48246
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul35 View Post
I think making a wide open dunk would be a good start
Like Bosh?

sugrlndkid is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #14
sugrlndkid
sugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Apr 2012
Member: #50762
Omer Asik has been DMorey's Luis Scola...a guy pretty obscure, who will end up getting better over time...Defensively he is already a stud(mind everyone that this is really like his 15th game ever starting) and is doing an excellent job...Offensively he is still raw...and that can always improve b/c this is a kid who wants to learn...he is only gonna get better...

Exel is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
Exel
Exel is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52666
I love his penchant for reverse lay ups and finger rolls. He's developing his own offensive style and flair.

pippendagimp is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #16
pippendagimp
pippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1853
tree rollins

crash5179 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #17
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhil93 View Post
I think he could easily be a double double 15 pt and 15 rebound a game kind of guy. Id be cautiously optimistic that he could do any better just because hes not a guy you really run the offense through. Completely honest though the points and rebounds arent what impress me the most about the guy. I think his defense is impeccable and the fact that he hasnt been in foul trouble yet. That is what really astounds me about Asik.
Yeah that is probably the the biggest surprise to me because I fully expected him to fight foul trouble.

It looks like the Rockets are trying to get him used to catching the ball in pick and roll situations with him going to the basket. Obviously in his first few games he had serious trouble holding on to the ball but he is obviously doing much better at finishing the play or drawing the foul at this point. Like most I would like him to finish with a dunk more often but I am assuming he is just trying to use the moves he practiced with Carol Dawson in the off season.

Zfan is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #18
Zfan
Zfan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27654
DPOY, Turkish Deke, the next axe murderer.

seyton is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #19
seyton
seyton is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45105
Two Luc Longleys.

NotInMyHouse is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #20
NotInMyHouse
Contributing Member
NotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31354
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugrlndkid View Post
Omer Asik has been DMorey's Luis Scola...a guy pretty obscure, who will end up getting better over time...Defensively he is already a stud(mind everyone that this is really like his 15th game ever starting) and is doing an excellent job...Offensively he is still raw...and that can always improve b/c this is a kid who wants to learn...he is only gonna get better...
Wasn't Luis Scola Morey's Luis Scola?