ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > 2014 NBA Draft

Chad Fords mock draft 2.0
Tags:  basketball, draft Tags
JMAD21 is offline Old 03-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
JMAD21
JMAD21 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJMAD21 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44870
Can someone with insider post this please?

Thanks!

GunsUP!!!

Follow me on twitter- @joshreed21

Sponsored Link
Yung-T is offline Old 03-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Yung-T
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40202
Don't have insider, but he's on Chat right now discussing this year's draft.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ider-chad-ford

I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.

redhotrox is offline Old 03-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
redhotrox
Contributing Member
redhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49021
Mock Draft 2.0

Quote:
1. Charlotte

Anthony Davis

Position: PF
Height: 6-foot-10
Weight: 220 pounds
School: Kentucky

(The Bobcats have a 25 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: The Bobcats, along with every other team in the lottery, got a huge scare on Sunday when Davis went down with what looked like a knee injury. Davis ended up being just fine, allowing Wildcats fans and everyone to breath a sigh of relief. Whether you think this draft is really good or just so-so, it drops dramatically if Davis isn't in it.

For the Bobcats, Davis could be a franchise changer. Pair him together with Bismack Biyombo on the front line, and I'm not sure anyone will score in the paint against them.

2. Washington

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Position: SF
Height: 6-foot-7
Weight: 210 pounds

(The Wizards have a 19.9 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: The Wizards got two encouraging signs this weekend: (1) Kidd-Gilchrist shook off a mini-slump to produce two of the best games of his career in propelling Kentucky to the Final Four, and (2) sources say MKG will declare for the draft after the Wildcats' season is over.

Kidd-Gilchrist tweeted that he hasn't actually made a decision yet, but given his previous stance was that he intended to stay in school, the writing is on the wall. Adding his toughness and leadership would be crucial for a Wizards team that is in desperate need of both.

3. New Orleans

Thomas Robinson

Height: 6-foot-9
Weight: 237 pounds
School: Kansas

(The Hornets have a 15.6 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: The Hornets will have a tough call here. Andre Drummond has more upside, but if they're trying to build a team around winners, then Robinson is the man. He has carried a mediocre Kansas team on his back to the Final Four and just refuses to back down. He'll bring toughness, physicality and energy to the paint in New Orleans.

4. Portland (via Nets)

Bradley Beal

Position: SG
Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 195 pounds
School: Florida

(The Blazers have an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: The Blazers grabbed this pick from the Nets as part of the Gerald Wallace deal the teams struck before the trade deadline. It's Top 3 protected, so the pick could still revert back to New Jersey. Beal is coming off a terrific weekend in which he finally started playing like the talent he is. He would be a perfect long-term replacement for Brandon Roy.

5. Toronto

Andre Drummond

Position: C
Height: 6-foot-11
Weight: 275 pounds
School: UConn

(The Raptors have an 8.8 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: The Raptors have been looking for a legit small forward for the past several years and Harrison Barnes would be a perfect fit. However, after Barnes' struggles this past weekend against Ohio and Kansas, the Raptors may want to take another look to see if he still has the upside we all thought he did coming out of high school.

Drummond has been a disappointment, too, but if you are going to miss, you probably ought to miss big. Pairing him in a frontcourt with last year's lottery pick, Jonas Valanciunas, could finally make Andrea Bargnani expendable.

6. Detroit

Cody Zeller

School: Indiana

(The Pistons have a 5.4 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: The Pistons are in desperate need of size and athleticism in the frontcourt. While I think the Pistons would prefer Drummond, Zeller would still be a great get. He's quick, tough and very polished for a freshman. Pairing him with Greg Monroe would immediately make the Pistons better -- if Zeller actually decides to declare.

7. Sacramento

Harrison Barnes

Height: 6-foot-8
School: North Carolina

(The Kings have a 5.3 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: The Kings need a small forward and landing Barnes at this point in the draft could be a steal. Yes, he looked oddly passive late in the season and seems one-dimensional, but Barnes' ability to defend and shoot the jumper should be welcome in Sacramento. If he turns into a Danny Granger/Glen Rice sort of player down the road, the Kings would get great value here.

8. Cleveland

Perry Jones III

Weight: 235 pounds
School: Baylor

(The Cavs have a 2.8 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: The Cavs need talent and, based on pure talent, there are few players who hold a candle to Jones. He's struggled to stay engaged offensively and defensively for Baylor, which is a huge concern -- if Jones didn't have those issues, he'd be battling Davis for the No. 1 pick. But at some point in the draft the reward outweighs the risk. What do the Cavs have to lose here?

9. Utah (via Warriors)

Damian Lillard

Position: PG
Height: 6-foot-2
Weight: 185 pounds
School: Weber State

(The Jazz have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: The Jazz need a point guard, but this draft doesn't appear to have an elite PG prospect right now. The question is whether to go with Lillard (an explosive scorer who can play both positions), Kendall Marshall (a pure point guard who is an excellent facilitator) or Tony Wroten Jr. (the most talented of the group, but also the riskiest). I think they split the difference and go with Lillard, but the truth is this decision is very much up in the air right now.

10. Milwaukee

James Michael McAdoo

Weight: 233 pounds

(The Bucks have a 1.1 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: McAdoo had a breakout game against Kansas in the Elite Eight, scoring 15 points in 19 minutes. He's unproven, but his athleticism, versatility and upside make him a pretty safe pick at No. 10. McAdoo isn't really a need for the Bucks, but they can keep collecting talent.

11. Portland

Tyler Zeller

Height: 7-foot

(The Blazers have a 0.8 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: If the Blazers can land Beal with their first pick, they would likely look to fill one of their holes at center or point guard. In a weak point guard draft, their two available options at the 1 would be Marshall and Wroten. While both have strengths, I think the Blazers would rather go big and take Zeller. He's not going to be a star, but the senior runs the floor like a guard and has improved each season.

12. New Orleans
(via Wolves)

Kendall Marshall

Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 188 pounds

(The Hornets have a 0.7 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: Marshall helped his stock more than any player in the tournament last weekend, even though he didn't play a minute. North Carolina, with all of its talent, struggled to find a coherent offense without Marshall conducting the show. He's not Chris Paul, but he would make everyone around him better in New Orleans.

13. Phoenix

Jared Sullinger

Weight: 280 pounds
School: Ohio State

(The Suns have a 0.6 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: Sullinger doesn't necessarily fill a need -- the Suns drafted Markieff Morris to play the 4 last year -- but he's the best player left on the board and the type of guy who could immediately give Phoenix a very different but dominant look in the paint.

14. Houston

Jeremy Lamb

Weight: 185 pounds
School: UConn

(The Rockets have a 0.5 percent chance of winning the lottery.)

Analysis: Lamb is a versatile swingman somewhat in the mold of Kevin Martin. But with Martin heading into the last year of his deal in Houston, Lamb could be a nice long-term replacement.

15. Houston (via Knicks)

John Henson

Analysis: The Rockets lack long, athletic bigs, and Henson would give them a defensive presence who can guard both forward positions. He's still raw offensively, but he has a little Andrei Kirilenko in his game.

16. Denver

Terrence Jones

Weight: 244 pounds

Analysis: Jones has enough talent to be five or six spots higher in the draft, but his inconsistent attitude may push him down a few spots. He'd be a great fit for the Nuggets, another versatile player who can play either forward position and shoot the basketball.

17. Minnesota (via Jazz)

Austin Rivers

Weight: 199 pounds
School: Duke

Analysis: The Wolves would get this pick if the Jazz fall out of the lottery. Minnesota's biggest need is at 2-guard and Rivers would be a fantastic fit. His abilities to get to the basket and shoot from downtown are coveted, and with alpha dogs Ricky Rubio and Kevin Love already in place, Rivers may actually start playing to his strengths instead of trying to take over the team like he did at Duke.

18. Boston

Royce White

Weight: 240 pounds
School: Iowa State

Analysis: White has as much talent as virtually anyone in this draft. But there are questions about some off-court issues and an anxiety disorder that includes the fear of flying. I think Doc Rivers might be the perfect coach to get through to him.

19. Philadelphia

Terrence Ross

Height: 6-foot-6
Weight: 190 pounds
School: Washington

Analysis: Jodie Meeks is the closest thing the Sixers have to a great 3-point shooter. Adding Ross should be an instant upgrade at the backup shooting guard spot.

20. Memphis

Meyers Leonard

Height: 7-foot
Weight: 240 pounds
School: Illinois

Analysis: Leonard isn't the most polished big man in the draft, but that seems to be the sort of thing owner Michael Heisley loves. Marc Gasol is great, but after him the Grizzlies really do need some help in the middle.

21. Houston (via Mavs)

Quincy Miller

School: Baylor

Analysis: Here the Rockets go for a player with a lot more talent than his draft position suggests. Miller is still working through some issues from an ACL surgery in his senior year of high school and was not a primary option for Baylor this season. But if he declares, he has tremendous upside at the 3.

22. Boston (via Clippers)

Dion Waiters

Weight: 215 pounds
School: Syracuse

Analysis: Danny Ainge has never been one to shy away from troubled talent, and in Waiters he could land a star. While size is a much bigger need, Waiters' abilities to get to the basket and score in transition are impressive. If he has matured, the Celtics could be getting a steal here.

23. Atlanta

Tony Wroten Jr.

Weight: 205 pounds
School: Washington

Analysis: The Hawks continue their search for a real point guard. Jeff Teague has been solid this season, but Wroten has so much more upside. On talent alone, he should be a top-5 pick. He's a steal if the Hawks get him here.

24. Indiana

Patric Young

Weight: 245 pounds
School: Florida

Analysis: The Pacers are always looking for toughness and defense in the frontcourt, and Young brings both. Jeff Foster's midseason retirement has been a blow, but Young could end up doing some of the same things. He doesn't do much of anything on the offensive end, but he has Ben Wallace-like potential on defense. Young has stated that he'll be returning to Florida for his junior season.

25. Cleveland (via Lakers)

Jeff Taylor

Height: 6-foot-7
Weight: 225 pounds
School: Vanderbilt

Analysis: Taylor is another elite athlete who can play way above the rim. What he's lacked for most of his career is a great jump shot. But Taylor has improved dramatically in that area lately, making him a lethal weapon on both ends of the floor. The Cavs really need help at the 3, making this a nice match.

26. Orlando

Arnett Moultrie

Weight: 225 pounds
School: Mississippi State

Analysis: Moultrie has all the physical tools to be a dominant NBA player. He is long and super athletic and can even get things done on the perimeter. He's just taken a little longer to develop.

27. Golden State
(via Spurs)

Moe Harkless

Weight: 190 pounds
School: St. John's

Analysis: The Warriors could really use some help at the small forward position. Harkless reminds me a little of Trevor Ariza. He is a terrific scorer and defender who needs to get a more settled jump shot.

28. Miami

Draymond Green

Height: 6-foot-6
School: Michigan State

Analysis: The Heat need players with experience who excel in bringing out the best in their teammates. Green can be a point-forward type who does a little bit of everything. Think of him as a better-passing Udonis Haslem.

Oklahoma City

29. Mason Plumlee

Weight: 230 pounds
School: Duke

Analysis: Plumlee's upside is probably similar to that of the Pacers' Jeff Foster. While he won't be a dominant player on either end of the floor, he's big, he'll defend and he'll flush things around the rim.

30. Chicago

Andrew Nicholson

Weight: 222 pounds
School: St. Bonaventure

Analysis: Nicholson has gotten dramatically better every season and has some David West to his game. He would be a good fit in Chicago -- especially since the Bulls wouldn't mind finding a new home for Carlos Boozer this summer.

Next Five In: C.J. Leslie, NC State; Tony Mitchell, North Texas; B.J. Young, Arkansas; C.J. McCollum, Lehigh; Josh Smith, UCLA.

Yung-T is offline Old 03-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
Yung-T
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Would like if we risk a pick on Wroten, he seems like a potential star at PG with his size and skill package. Can do this if we have at least two picks.

I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

jayhow92 is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
jayhow92
jayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48093
Please not John Henson! Anybody but him!

Aruba77 is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
wow, i know others will disagree with me, but if we ended up with those 3, i would be pretty happy. Still would take Terrance Jones over all of them except Lamb, but that would be a nice haul for the Rockets. Problem is we don't need 3 more rookies, so that senario is not likely to play out. Then again, i've always been for getting rid of Martin and Scola, and truly starting the rebuilding process, in which case, those are 3 talented young prospects (Lamb and Miller def. have star potential).

denver-rox-fan is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
denver-rox-fan
denver-rox-fan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50475
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhow92 View Post
Why not? Guy blocks 3 shots a game. THAT is a skill that translates to the NBA.

TheGoldenGreek is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
TheGoldenGreek
TheGoldenGreek is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2010
Member: #45908
If we end up on the outside looking in as far as the playoffs go and get three first rounders, I gotta believe we'd be looking to trade.

I really want nothing to do with Houston's GM. He is a mastermind when it comes to building a franchise. I mean look what he got from Tracy McGrady's corpse! BC can only get fleeced. I suspect a fleecing above all fleecing if these two negotiate.

-From the Toronto Raptors' board

THE FEAR IS UNIVERSAL

Follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/The_GoldenGreek

TEXANTIGERROCKET

TheGoldenGreek is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
TheGoldenGreek
TheGoldenGreek is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2010
Member: #45908
I'd be ecstatic with Jeremy Lamb btw.

I really want nothing to do with Houston's GM. He is a mastermind when it comes to building a franchise. I mean look what he got from Tracy McGrady's corpse! BC can only get fleeced. I suspect a fleecing above all fleecing if these two negotiate.

-From the Toronto Raptors' board

THE FEAR IS UNIVERSAL

Follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/The_GoldenGreek

TEXANTIGERROCKET

FLASH21 is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #10
FLASH21
FLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31877
Quote:
I'd take Terrence Jones over Henson, just based on pure ability/skills.

I agree with Yung-T on the Wroten sentiment, but I'd love for us to move back a little maybe get a second or first rounder for next year's draft and taking a chance on a big like Young (Florida) or Moultrie (Mississippi State).

Ha!

Every time I see James I get a little Harden.

coachbadlee is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #11
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Whoa!! They have Royce White at 240lbs.??!! If this is so, then he is ready! Definitely over Henson! Man i hope we end up with more picks!

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

Aruba77 is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH21 View Post
I'd take Terrence Jones over Henson, just based on pure ability/skills.

I agree with Yung-T on the Wroten sentiment, but I'd love for us to move back a little maybe get a second or first rounder for next year's draft and taking a chance on a big like Young (Florida) or Moultrie (Mississippi State).
I think Young could be a solid 10-10 PF while playing elite defense. Too bad he's 6'9" because he would be a dominant defensive center if he was a couple inches taller.

No Worries is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
No Worries
Contributing Member
No Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #584
Quote:
What no love for a 210 lb 4?

Anthony Davis is only 10 lb heavier, FTW.

megastahr is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
megastahr
Contributing Member
megastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #31828
anyone know what this is about?

Bradley (Regina SK CAN)

They mystery team you're referring to with Craft is the Rockets, right?
Chad Ford
(1:49 PM)

Can't tell you that.

Yung-T is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
Yung-T
^^
One of the previous questions was about Aaron Craft, Ford said that most teams would pick him late 1st or 2nd, while he knows that one team would select him in the mid 1st round.

megastahr is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
megastahr
Contributing Member
megastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #31828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung-T View Post
^^
One of the previous questions was about Aaron Craft, Ford said that most teams would pick him late 1st or 2nd, while he knows that one team would select him in the mid 1st round.
hay to be us hes white...we will pull some undervalued white guy...we do it every year lol

redhotrox is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #17
redhotrox
Contributing Member
redhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49021
I donít watch much college hoops, but would you package our picks to get someone you really like in top 8, or would it really not make much difference? I personally hope we can trade all those picks for a potential star or ideally an established star. Getting three Morris/Patterson level talents doesnít do much for this team.

Yung-T is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #18
Yung-T
^^
I honestly feel like outside of the top5 there's nothing worth packing up multiple deals for. Only guys I'd pack up for are Davis, Gilchrist, Robinson, Beal, Drummond, Zeller, Jones.

Aruba77 is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #19
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotrox View Post
I donít watch much college hoops, but would you package our picks to get someone you really like in top 8, or would it really not make much difference? I personally hope we can trade all those picks for a potential star or ideally an established star. Getting three Morris/Patterson level talents doesnít do much for this team.
I'd agree, but to me, after Drummund at #5, all of the players are pretty equal through #16 or so. And how much of a difference is there between a guy like Kidd-Gilchrest and a guy like Terrence Jones? Or a guy like Beal and a guy like Lamb? I really don't think it's that wide a gap (and i have Beal as the 2nd best player in the draft btw)

Yung-T is offline Old 03-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
Yung-T
Seeing all the promising guys in 13-30 range I'd use all picks though, rather have three with two turning out solid than one guy being hit or miss.