1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Fords mock draft 2.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Mar 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

After Davis, I think Beal and the younger Zeller are the cream of the crop. Zeller would be ideal. He's incredibly efficient, blue-collar, has a high hoops IQ, and is great from FT for a 19-year-old big. I think Daryl will trade up for him.

2. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

Really hope we don't make the playoffs, this season is not ours. This draft is too good

3. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

I see Cody Zeller as a better version of Nick Collison, he would help us tremendously

I doubt Drayl trades up for Cody, but he might trade up for Drummond, or Beal

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There are only two players in the top 5 who interest me. Thats Drummond and Thomas Robinson. I don't think Davis should be a top pick. He struggled against good competition too much.

5. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

Drummond would be a beast learning under Kevin Mchale

6. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Where are you getting that information? Against Florida he had 16/6/4 (pts/rebounds/blocks), 22/12/6, & 15/12/2. Against Baylor in the Elite 8 he had 18/11/6. I mean the dude is averaging 4.5 blocks. He might not be perfectly refined offensively, but there's no denying he has skill. Thomas Robinson is good, but he has troubles when people front him and doesn't make the greatest decisions with the ball (shoots too often). Drummond, on the other hand, literally hasn't done a damn thing all year. There's no such thing as a sure thing in the draft, but I think if you asked anybody, Davis is w/out a doubt the deserving #1 pick.

1 person likes this.
  7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Agreed, ideally Morey trades picks, Martin, Scola, Lowry and whatever else to get as many top 10 picks as possible. You sign Deron and then tank again to get Shabazz or whoever is the consensus #1 next season and then sign Dwight.

Howard, Deron, lotto picks from 2012, #1 pick 2013. That is how you create a dynasty.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

If Wroten and Quincy Miller declare and they drop that low any team drafting them is getting a steal.

I think they both will return though

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

WAY too many flaws in this premise for it to ever come close to materializing.

10. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

but its better than what he have been doing

making the playoffs this year, would be foolish on a 10 ten different reasons

You steal some quality talent this year.. that decided to stay in college because of the lockout. Jeremy Lamb falling to us at 14 would be a gift.. this kid was rated as a top 8 selection last year.... TANK damn it

This is where teams with good GM's tank, especially if they lose their pick to another team by making the playoffs, and barely getting the 8th seed.

We need to get quality talent. Real Talent from the draft, not other teams BUST players.. and trying to trade them for a superstar

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'm so freakin pumped for this years draft! The fact the we could get Quincy Miller at 21 is rediculas!

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Funny how the majority in the GARM is for playoffs while the people here that obviously know something more about the draft prospects are all unanimously for tanking and getting as many picks as possible...

1 person likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm all for making the playoffs, but still getting picks as well. We should get the picks through trades though.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Thabeet was also a beast learning from McHale, right?

BTW hasn't Drummond already announced that he will not enter the draft this year?

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

MKG plays flat-out. Great game or okay game, he's always hustling.

Terrence Jones has great talent but if he really does have a bit of an attitude problem, he'll slide as far as Ford says, although I think he'll go higher.

16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I think regardless this year ...we have to look acquiring as much assets as we can in one of the best drafts.

with cap space to sign a max free agent or work a trade where we take a bad contract

Martin, Scola, dalembert, lowry, morris all tradeable possibly Dmo and llull tradeable...

possibly the 10th, 14th, and 21st pick in this years super deep draft...

You would think this is the year (the draft time) where we get that superstar.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wonder if there are any PG-starved under-the-cap teams with a high draft pick.

I love Lowry's game, but Morey's all about maximizing what he has. I would like a top 10 pick. I would not like to let Dragic walk....unless Llull comes over, and I'm not holding my breath on that OR on the top 10 pick.

18. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

For some reason...I see us trading with tornoto either to get that pick and give them good leadership type of players... or acquiring barnagni

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It would be great to go into this draft with 4+ 1st round picks. Maybe a little too great.

20. Jimes

Jimes Member

In the GARM, people are thinking more about the long-term as it concerns the Rockets, whereas here, people are just looking at this draft. Of course if you just look at one draft you would talk about how to get the most picks, best picks, etc.

But from a Rockets perspective, making the playoffs would remove a restriction on the types of deals we can make in future years. Also, we don't have room right now for 3 1st round picks + Donuts nor do we necessarily want to pay 3 guaranteed 1st round salaries.