1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Fords mock draft 2.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Mar 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. what

what Member

this is true, except I do think that Parsons could command a 5-10 range pick in the draft.

if gms were smart, they'd sacrifice a lottery pick for him. after this draft is said and done there won't be 5 players that are better than parsons. BUT, and this is a big but, the guys that ARE better will be WAY better than him.

If you are setting at 7 and you got Lamb still available it'd be hard to ignore his talent. But I still think parsons is extremely good.

If I were say the twolves, i'd trade d-williams for parsons right now straight up.

2. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

your crazy! Lamb's gonna be a beast. Have you even seen him play?

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Lamb , Jones and Henson would be sweet.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

KG and Duncan don't count?

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Chad Ford ‏ @chadfordinsider
    We have Barnes slotted 7 to Kings, Marshall 12 to Hornets & Henson 15 to Rockets in latest Mock. http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7745192/nba-mock-draft-version-2 (insider)

YES!

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I feel even better about Lamb than I did about Rudy Gay coming out of the same program (and i was really hoping to draft Rudy Gay the year we made the Battier trade); they have similar athleticism, but Lamb is a way better shooter.

I think he's a top 10 pick. If he fell to us late lotto, that would be a steal. No way he lasts that long ...Ford's dead wrong on this.

7. what

what Member

lamb is certainly like rudy gay in his approach to shot making. his floaters are going to be money in nba.

maybe it's just my love for another reggie miller in the league that i'm so enamored with him (though lamb doesn't have reggie's quick release.) if we could put steph curry's shot, with lambs frame and moves we'd have another Reggie Miller. :grin:

8. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

we may have no 10!!!!:cool:

9. denver-rox-fan

Man, what is exciting about this year's draft is that even at 14,15 and 21 there are still going to be guys available that you don't really have to stretch your imagination too much to see potential above average NBA starters. Mid round draft picks are usually terrible in the NBA, but this year I would rather have a few mid rounders rather than, say something 5-10. Outside of the two Kentucky guys, I am not sure there is a huge difference between 3 and 25.

Steve Kerr said something similar on a recent B.S. report. Basically that once you get past Kidd-Gilchrist the next big run of players all have definite plus skills to go with some weaknesses.

As for Ford's mock, I would be thrilled with those three guys. Lamb and Miller have potential to be outstanding long athletic wings that can score all sorts of ways, and I think Henson could have a Camby like career. Given that they could learn from pros like Scola, Martin, Parsons et al, I would be pretty excited about the future.

Not too hard to think of a lineup like:

Lowry
    Lamb
    Parsons/Miller
    Henson
    DMo

being absolutely dangerous three years from now.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Blake Griffin came out 3 years ago and was more highly thought of.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea but he never was expected to dominate on defense like Davis does. Davis is a highly skilled player on both ends with great athleticsm and one of the best shot blockers in a while. That's a better way to impact a franchise than Griffin with his offense and dunks.

12. what

what Member

lmao. Blake Griffin wasn't even close to being thought of as highly as Davis will be. If there is one person that did tout griffin over davis he is a straight up idiot.

Griffin was criticized as a tweener. Davis looks like the second coming of Alonzo Mourning.

13. what

what Member

This is Anthony Davis in a few years:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qMwuMPmtH3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Can't see Davis ever being as strong and physical as Alonzo. I can see Davis becoming an elite defender in his own right however. His length and timing are incredible.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How about KG, Tyson Chandler or Marcus Camby as comparisons on the defensive end?

16. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

yeah, his body frame is very similar to Kevin Garnett's.

17. what

what Member

Kevin was never the shot blocker that Anthony is going to be. I do agree that Zo was incredibly strong. I think that Anthony has a blend of finesse and power. I also think that once his body fills out he will get stronger.

You got to remember that davis just turned 19. Zo was 22 when he entered the nba. 3 years is an eternity with kids of this age. Their bodies are changing daily.

18. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Trade up and get Bradley Beal, the guy is a future superstar! Protects ball with body better than anyone I have seen this year and is super athletic above the rim..picture perfect stroke and excellent range...not to mention he is an excellent rebounder for his size, seriously could be the best rebounding guard in the league in a few years...

19. what

what Member

you willing to give up parsons? that'd be what it's take. him and probably another first rounder.

20. what

what Member

I'm calling it: kidd-gilcrest will be a bust. I don't see anything special about his game.