1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Fords mock draft 2.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Mar 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

2. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

By your logic NO team should draft. Anthony Davis because he maybe Darko/ Hassan Whiteside

Drummond is the better talent, and better defender. I'll take him over Zeller

3. megastahr

Well id say the bobcats..Dj Augistin is a free agent next year. Also, kemba isnt looking like he will fit .... they dont really need davis seeing as they have thomas and kemba walker.

Id say lowry and the knicks pick for the no 1 could work...they may be intersted in martin too

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lowry and a pick for Anthony Davis is too much in my opinion. It would be a safer bet to trade Lowry alone to Portland for their lower lottery pick. That way you have a lotto pick and possibly 2-3 more picks right outside of the lotto and further into the 1st round.

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

This would be a hell of a draft for us. I'd be excited for the future.

6. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

The Bobcats wouldn't even consider this deal. The Rockets would have to give up more than Lowry and a pick. No team would trade a franchies type player for a 25 year old PG that averaged 15 and 7.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No team will trade the #1 pick this year unless it gets a superstar ala Bron, KD, Paul for that pick. The dude is goin to be a BEAST.

8. megastahr

that pick is top 3 protected by NJ

9. megastahr

Jordan would....lol

no but for real though..it might take more but not much. Lowry is an all star caliber player...its hit or miss if the draft will produce that...he could be a bust...much like Thabeet, Flynn..etc.

Lowry is on a great contract...something small markets really consider. Plus its an area of need as opposed to not. I think I thiink lowry and moving down ten picks in the draft (maybe throw in pick 21) ...is about enough. Question is if we do it.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    You really overvalue Lowry and completely undervalue Davis. Some scouts already said he's HOF material and the best big in a while. He will be superstar if anything happens as expected. Trust me, no team would trade him for anything we are able to offer, no matter how many players and picks we throw in. It's not debatable.

11. megastahr

lol who???? HOF and he hasnt played one NBA game... those scouts are morons...but i dont believe anyone said that. Its not debatable? I would debate you on that....:cool:

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

When's the last time the #1 pick was traded? Not happening.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

One NBA journalist (think it was Nate Jones) said he was at a game and saw "future HOFer" on the report of one scout of a NBA team and agreed with the sentiment. Trust me, no team will trade their #1 pick this year, Davis is just too good.

14. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I agree with your point about HOF, but his point still stands that no team is taking on Lowry & a mid-1st round pick for Davis who has potential through the freaking roof. Literally nobody would do that. You can argue that Lowry is a "near all-star" and on "a great contract" and that certain teams really need a point guard. I'll argue that Davis & Lowry will be making the same amount of money, therefore the "great contract" argument holds no water. Lowry may be near all-star, but Davis has the potential to be near superstar and franchise changing. And yeah, some teams, such as the Bobcats after D.J. leaves, will be in need of a point guard, but there are future drafts & FA. Hell, Goran's a free agent this year and is arguably on the same level as Lowry.

You just don't trade away the #1 pick in the NBA, especially with a guy like Davis on the board.

15. megastahr

I also said eat a bad contract...and yes teams will do that. Look at clippers just last year. Not that they knew but they gave an unprotected so you have to assume they were willing to pay at any number pick it happened to be. You overvalue the unknown. No matter how good he looks...which ive heard great things...heard that if he was in last years draft hed have been taken over irving...but he is still an unknown. Lowry is a sure fire near all star player...and the money matters because you know what your getting and you know what your paying and for how long.

We could eat a 10 mil corey maggatte contract

16. megastahr

Whatever...sounds like an over-zealous fan. Youd be ridiculed making that claim about a rookie doing similar things at the nba level...his first year...but still in college...is just absurd. I am sure thabeet and is 5 blocks a game at college level would attest to that.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It just won't happen man, no NBA team would trade away the #1 pick this year. You insisting that teams would pass on Davis to dump salary and to take on a all-star shows that you don't see the potential of that guy. He is a franchise changing player.

18. megastahr

Well when a team is in bad condition as bobcats or wizards one player really doesnt help...you have to change the atmosphere.

Bring in a leader with a winning attitude...Scola... get rid of a cancer/bad contract maggette... add 2 or 3 draft picks...for chance at still get that franchise changer.

Add a player that could very well have a better career than the no 1 pick ... I am not saying it will happen but it could. I think lowry with his contract would be a large piece to get virtually anything...plus if we get the no 10 pick in this deep of a draft i mean its really not that crazy. Plus we have so many good young people like D mo and Morris that we can toss in.

I think it might cost alot but we could do it.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

leader with winning attitude=Scola? lol

add picks for franchise changer? Davis is the only franchsie changer in this draft, you really think one of the lottery guys will be on that level?

Lowry havin a better career than Davis? Hell no, he's not even top5 in PGs.

Of course you think we could do it, but the problem is no other GM in the league would trade that pick as it is a stupid idea when you only get a near all-star and a worse pick.

20. megastahr

Scola goes to work every day...works on his shot...has shown great work ethetic...They just did an article about him being the epitome of "tough" in terms of basketball...because He doesnt ever back down on the court. That work ethetic is what needs to be conveyed and yes winner attitude...never say die...gold metal Olympic champion??? Won passed the second round of the playoffs...i think that qualifies ....... :rolleyes:

How do you know there is a franchise changer in the draft...ITS THE UNKNOWN!!!!
    See below all franchise changers:
    2004: Al Jefferson #15, Josh Smith #17
    2005: Danny Granger #17
    2006: Rajon Rondo #21
    2008: Roy Hibbert #17, Nick Batum #25
    2009: Ty Lawson #18
    2010: Eric Bledsoe #18

Lowrys not a top 5 pg? But hes darn close...and freaking davis isnt even a top 20 PF yet...dang man get real.