1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Possible trade alert!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OldfanofTmac, Jan 25, 2012.

1. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Chris Broussard says: "Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan for Dwight Howard and Ryan Anderson may go down."

Now, i know that some people here don't find broussard very reliable, but lets just asume that he heard that from a pretty reliable source.
    I don't know what to say about this trade, what about you guys?
    <HR>
    Edit by admin -- actual links and quotes:

2. SPF35

SPF35 Member

I don't see Sterling signing off on it. Dwight will bring them a championship. Paul and Dwight are in their prime, they have a good supporting cast. If they include maybe a redick or a protoy type spread the court sg to bring out behind chaunce, this puts clippers ahead of everyone for a title(maybe a change of coach needed)

But Blake is 22? He is their future, and brings in hte most fans with his exciting basketball, so its tough to trade him as an owner.

For orlando, this is no brainer

3. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

That was a scenario on some ESPN Insider post recently. I think it makes sense, especially if the Clippers can get Ryan Anderson as well. Would suck for Orlando if they can't get rid of Turk's contract though.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If it is true for the Clippers than it's pretty dumb.

If the clippers have offered this to the Magic there is no way they turn it down.

Not that Blake > Dwight

But Blake AND Jordan > Dwight

Blake and Jordan are only going to get better....

6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

That may be true, but I think the Clips wanna go into win now mode while they have CP3 healthy, as well as Caron Butler, and Chauncey.

7. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Is this a better offer than gasol/Bynum. After griffins rookie injury and all the highlights he produces the guy scares me. One wrong jump from being out of commission.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Bad move for the Clippers, Blake is younger and Jordan is better than Ryan Anderson.

Blake will be entering his prime just as Howard is slowing down, IMO you keep Blake and Jordan.

9. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Yeah, kinda sad. Blake is going to be a superstar soon enough. If Orlando could get blake to sign an extension(when he is eligible), then i think thats a great trade for orlando. It benefits both teams really...

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Donald Sterling gets rewarded. There is no God.

I guess now Sterling can bring female guests into the team shower to look at Dwight and Anderson's beautiful black bodies.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

1) I think it would be a great trade for both sides. Orlando gets a young star player and an excellent rim protector in return for Howard... Clippers get a superstar center and a guy that can spread the floor and allow the offense to open up a little bit in Anderson. Both sides win.

2) No chance in hell it happens.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Clippers are giving up too much.

Orlando has no leverage.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

Can we change the thread title? This looks more like pure fantasy and speculation than an actual trade that might happen.

God, I'll be glad when Deron and Dwight are settled in. Then we can hopefully take a break from this non-stop ridiculousness of who's signing where and who's demanding what trade to LA.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Please be true.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sounds even to me. Howard is only 26 yrs old. I would say no for the Clippers if they didn't already have Paul. Paul and Howard is a dream. They are both 26 yrs old.

Another intangible is Howard is probably my top choice for an NBA player who is least likely to ever get injured...like Karl Malone. Whereas, Griffin's disregard for his safety is an ongoing risk.

1 person likes this.
  16. cod

cod Member

Blake doesn't make his teammates better or decide games. Look at Kyrie Irving, he's turned around the Cavs. He's a young franchise changer teams hold onto to.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Griffin is by far the best player in that deal, it would be a bad move by the Clippers to do that, one that smacks of them trying to one up the Lakers.

DD

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I just think you roll with your franchise guy. I think most would tell you Blake has unlimited potential right now, they should hang onto him.

I mean after Lebron's first year no one knew how good he'd really be...I think it is risky to trade away player with so much potential. If Blake works on his low post game he's going to be a all-time great IMO.

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Ridiculous. Blake Griffin is about as close to untouchable as anyone in the league.

20. jacoby

jacoby Member

If I'm a Magic fan I'm jumping up and down right now.