1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible trade alert!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OldfanofTmac, Jan 25, 2012.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Special!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lalala902102001

"maybe go down"?

This is as good as a made-up trade by some 13-year-old on ESPN trade checker.

A Dwight for Blake/Jordan trade would cause a seismic event in the NBA. I doubt it happens.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Clips are not too stupid to consider pairing the best big man with Chris Paul. Even at the cost of Griffin. D12 is more marketable, but both players sell jerseys and tickets.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Luckily they have Billups there to take the big shots. Paul and Howard certainly don't want to.

5. thething

thething Contributing Member

I've called for the Heat to trade Lebron for Dwight also, but that won't ever happen. They're not smart enough to realize that pairing Wade and Howard would win you a championship.

For the Clippers, they absolutely have to do this deal if available. But if I'm Deandre Jordan, I don't approve of the trade.

6. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Maybe we can get involved and get Gasol....Oh wait...

7. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

the new Jerry West Wilt Chamberlain combo, except this time it's the Clippers not the Lakers. i would do this trade if I was the clippers, howard and paul are only like 26. im not trying to pull a "lebron" but that means they could bring a maximum of 6 to 7 championships. more realistically they'll prolly win like 2/3 with howard and paul.

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He would certainly block the trade. With that ridiculous new contract he doesn't care about saving some of that money on half the games played in Florida. LA is where it's at and the Magic aren't going anywhere anytime soon. If anything he blocks the trade just to have a chance of playing next to Paul and Howard in another trade they work up.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

that's classic! But I have to spread rep around.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Howard is what the Clippers hope Blake will eventually be. Defense matters when it comes to bigs.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Blake is a PF.

Blake has unlimited potential right now. It's like trading Durant or Lebron after their first year. I just wouldn't do it, you have no idea of who you are giving up.

12. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Not gonna happen. Nice try though.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Special in what way? How will he improve from now? What stats do you foresee? What [aspects of] great players of the past will he comparable to?

Describe what the Blake Griffin finished product will be for us all and why it will be better than what Howard is now.

1 person likes this.
  14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Otis Smith would be called a hero if he somehow pulled that off!

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm sure the Thunder may have considered trading Durant for Howard. Bigs are the most coveted asset in basketball. Howard has major impact and it's hard to obtain the best big man in basketball. He has already led his team to a Finals as well.

Blake doesn't have that much upside as to where he can't be shipped off for Howard, who is also young and improving. He is only 26.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

this would actually be great for both teams

more for Orlando than the Clippers...but I could see it going down...

Orlando needs a refresher and so does Howard...

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

I love Griffin's game but he's also one dunk away from a blown knee. You can't jump up and down that much and not have your ligaments give out.

DH built his core the right way, he only started dunking when he already worked on his core strength. If I were the Clips I'd do the deal just to make sure Cp3 and DH last a long time.

18. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

DH isn't a high flyer like griffin, Griffin goes for crazy poster dunks every time...

19. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Surely, you must be joking.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the first picture ....... he's becoming a r****d
    [​IMG]

second
    the best PF behind Kevin Love....... and then best PF in the game