1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible trade alert!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OldfanofTmac, Jan 25, 2012.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

umm Anderson's white. :p

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I updated the original post to include the text from the ESPN pay site. Unless I'm mistaken and there is more to what Broussard is saying outside of this one story, this is pure made-up fun speculation by Broussard. He did not say it "may go down."

If he did say it may go down, please provide a link or state where he said it (on TV, etc.)

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

By far? U serious?

Why would the Clippers be satisfied as a 3 seed when multiple championships could suddenly be in reach?

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I see a problem here.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes. All Howard can do is roll to the rim for a dunk.

Blake is more in a Amare role where he can pop out and shoot and oh yeah can also attack the rim for a dunk. The fact that he can hit a mid-range shot makes him a much better pnr player.

6. Asian Sensation

I love Blake Griffin. He's my favorite non Rocket and I think he's the best PF in the game and a force to be wreckoned with for a long time to come but Dwight Howard is better at this stage of their careers.

Dwight is the better defender by far and he would make the Clippers a legitimate contender for the title. I think the current Clippers group is very good but until Griffin improves his defense they are 2-3 years away from truly competing.

I think the Clippers should make this move if they can.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

This trade makes sense for both teams. Dwight and Paul together is the closest thing to a sure championship.

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Ah, but there is a devil.

[​IMG]

9. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

As sure as Tmac and Yao! :grin:

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Old news: :grin: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6496342&postcount=49

Howard has a player option for next season. The Clippers would obviously ask ask him to agree to it prior to the trade.

Griffin is locked up until next season. Do the Magic retain his bird rights?

This trade makes sense for both teams. The Clippers instantly get better. They would have the best duo in the NBA featuring the best PG along with the best center in the league. Some might prefer putting Rose next to Howard for scoring but he is untouchable. The Magic get an offer that makes more sense than an injury prone center or an aging Gasol. The Lakers have not offered them both Gasol and Bynum, but they likely would if this offer is legit.

Howard
    The Black Anderson
    Butler
    Billups
    Paul

#70 BEAT LA, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Would be a BAD deal for the Clips. Blake will be special

12. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I can't believe there are people that would keep Blake even if it meant getting Dwight. Anderson and Dwight>Blake and Deandre. And man, maybe I'm just noticing this, but people here are obsessed with age. Don't trade for D Will cause he's older than Lowry and don't trade Blake for Dwight cause Blake is younger, W....T....F....

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe it's just me, but Griffin hits about 10% of his jumpers when I watch. Judging by his continued sorry FT% (it declined to 51% this season), he has a long way to go and may never get there.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Howard already is special. This trade should happen.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Please tell me what you see him becoming.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

His pick and pop guy would be Ryan Anderson.

His pick and roll guy would be Dwight Howard.

17. what

what Member

i don't like the deal simply because why should dwight dictate where he goes. I'm sick of superstars consolidating onto one team. I'm pretty sick of it actually.

1 person likes this.
  18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Did you miss all of the alley's too Tyson Chandler?

Would be even more deadly with Dwight.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't get this logic you guys keep whining about? Dwight didn't say he only wanted to play for the Clippers. He named where he would go if he's a free agent which gives Orlando the chance to get something back for him. It's up to Orlando on what route they want to take.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

When Broussard was hired, he was obviously given the instructions, "Remember our audience. Lakers. Heat. Boston. Any team that acquires an up-and-coming stupor-star."

So he's out there drumming up viewership with this stuff. Not that it wouldn't happen, but if it did, it couldn't happen until March, and even then, Deandre Jordan would have to sign off on it, as he signed an offer sheet and can refuse a trade until, what?, one year after the offer was matched.

Actually, Broussard doesn't strike me as the getting-all-your-facts-straight-first. Maybe he was hired to take over STEPHEN A. SMITH's (capital letters to indicate shouting) more-permanent-in-the-past-than-now job.