1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible trade alert!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OldfanofTmac, Jan 25, 2012.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Broussard reporting about the exact trade he suggested earlier in the day...

Maybe he read his own article and got confused. This is the guy who said the Lakers pulled the plug on the Paul trade.

2. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Howard is better than blake. If you said that 5 years from now, i would agree with you. But all blake can do is dunk. He has no post game whatsoever.

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Right now Dwight Howard is the best big man in the league, and a top 3 player in the world.

4. nebula955

nebula955 Member

Enlighten us on Dwight's refined post game?

5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

When Dwight Howard is slowing down CP3 will be doing the same and probably will have already done so a few years before. We have no idea what Blake's prime will be. The guy has no post game, doesn't play defense, and isn't that great of a shooter. He has got a long way to go before he turns into a player that can carry you to a championship. If you get Howard and Anderson you are instantly the best team in the west. The trade really is a no brainer.

6. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

by far?? haha what a nub

2 people like this.
  7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

That is fairly true of Howard as well. Griffin is actually more versatile offensively than Howard.

Howard though, is a beast defensively and on the glass.

8. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Good trade for both, Howard is still a monster and Griffin is not that great so including Jordan is a must if I'm the Magic.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, because it is the best deal they will ever get BY FAR. That doesn't mean it is not a great deal for LAC as well.

As I previously said...in a vacuum..the deal might favor Orlando. But since the Clippers would be matching Howard with Paul (both 26yrs old), I think it is a very good trade for both sides.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He still hasn't refined his low post game and at this period of his career it's getting to the point of "Is it ever going to happen?" I don't think so. Howard will always be known for his defensive post presence.

Paul always has a big man that can pick and pop. D12 isn't that guy. Blake is only in his 2nd year. He's only going to get better and that is a scary thought.

11. dingus

dingus Member

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Dwight Howard is better than Blake Griffin in every conceivable way.

13. Prince

Prince Member

Griffin + pick for Howard makes sense to me. why would they add in Jordan, unless it's a 3way trade.

14. cod

cod Member

This would suck for hopes of that NY pick being good.

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I said this in the other topic, this trade would make Clips instant contenders (don't discount Ryan Anderson, he's the absolute perfect complement to Dwight Howard and combined they are >>>>>>>>>>> duo of Griffin and DeAndre) and while it would make Orlando immediately worse, it would give them a new franchise player who has not even reached his full potential yet. Clips would probably need to throw in a few draft picks or whatever other bonus they can to make up for the imbalance in this trade.

1 person likes this.
  16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I would trade him every day for Dwight Howard. No. Brainer.

17. Broford

Broford Member

Because Jordan and Griffin are best buddies.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Griffin is better than Howard? Huh?:confused:

You lost me there. Hell he's younger but he couldn't even beat Dwight in a dunk off.

1 person likes this.
  19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This may be good news for Houston, if it happens. Griffin may want out of Orlando. A new star to go after that would be available.

20. passdarock

passdarock Member

If this trade happens, Magic will benefit from this trade in the long run but the Clippers will automatically be championship contenders for several years.