1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible trade alert!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OldfanofTmac, Jan 25, 2012.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Griffin does have massive potential... heck, he has the potential to be on level with Dwight Howard! lol ;)

2. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Stern doesn't have any power to veto this trade, remember the only reason why he was able to reject the Rockets-Hornets-Lakers trade was because the NBA owns the Hornets. That being said, I honestly think the Magic would be the winners in this trade. No way would I trade Blake Griffin AND DeAndre Jordan. Howard's the best center in the league right now but I personally think Griffin has a great ceiling. Idk I wish the Rockets had Griffin and Jordan.. :(

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Disagree. Howard is more impactful than griffin. If this trade goes down, which it won't, the clippers are coming out the west and orlando is going to the nowhere. I don't see the clipers doing it. I have heard there might be a swap of gasol for amare though.

4. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Pau or Marc

5. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

As a Clippers fan, i would so do it.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Same here, that post should be repped da F out.
    C.L.A.S.S.I.C.

7. VBG

VBG Member

Anyone who thinks Blake Griffin is a more valuable NBA player when it comes to wins than Dwight Howard is just wrong.

8. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

are u serious....................griffin better howard? In what one area is he better? Not scoring, at least not percentage. and points like 1 point per game with worse avg...

Not to mention he isnt a good defender, he isnt a shot blocker, doesnt get steals, ... he just like howard is a terrible free throw shooter...doesnt do anything but dunk and rebound. How is he better than howard?

9. megastahr

this.......

10. megastahr

I dont see that because I dont think there would be a huge difference in the PNR either way...as blake and howards physical size and ability are very similar.

They will come and set a pick with a big body hard to get around and either drop to the basket for an alleyoop or give enough space for paul to drive or shoot. I read a report that said the combo of paul and howard would be the most devastating pick and roll tandem possible.

11. Garner

Garner Member

Calm down folks- Broussard was on NBA Today discussing this made up scenarios he presented. They are just ideas. Nothing more.

In fact, as of now, Dwight's camp does not even have permission to talk to the Clippers.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I think those people mean in the "future." Griffin has the potential to be a very dominant force offensively, whereas Dwight has stagnated in terms of his offensive growth. Griffin can potentially average 25+ ppg in the future, while putting up 12-13 boards.

Defensively is where Griffin needs to do a lot of work. But he has the athleticism and work ethic to be more than respectable.

If I was Orlando, I would be all over this trade. But I doubt the Clips would do this trade.

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Perfect trade. They both get the perfect pieces and nobody loses out. Thats the deal Orlando was looking for. If they consider anything else? Somebody should slap them. For the Clippers? It makes sense too, for them to finally be true contenders.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly this. Lets remember how young Griffin actually is. He's only in his 2nd year folks and look at the respect and praise he gets for his game. Dwight isn't getting better than what he is now. He is what he is. A dominant defensive force but not someone you exactly want to run too much offense through.

With Blake we are still not sure where his ceiling ends right now. After playoff experience I bet the guy will grow just as quick as Durant and Rose did.

With that said I think everyone doubted the validity of these rumors because of who it came from.

15. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

People doubted the validity of these rumors because, as the article in the original post pointed out:

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That part was edited. Wasn't part of the original post.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yes, except Griffin has 1 more year left on his contract after this and will become an RFA, which basically guarantees his return to Orlando (or whatever team he's on) for several more years.

In this way, he is better.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:confused:

Blake Griffin isn't the same ballpark as Dwight Howard, especially If you like defense.

(Did you know that Dwight has more post moves than Blake too?) It's true...

19. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

He's not at all better than Dwight Howard. Howard is the best big man in the NBA.

20. VBG

VBG Member

Actually no. Do you know who two of the 5 best PnR players were last year according to numbers?

Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu.

Call me crazy, but I think Dwight impacts that in a huge way