ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Tracy McGrady arthroscopic shoulder surgery
Tags:  basketball, blog, houston rockets, nba, tracy mcgrady Tags
BrownBeast99 is offline Old 05-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
BrownBeast99
BrownBeast99 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBrownBeast99 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26997
Quote:
As for an update on me, I had shoulder surgery yesterday, which was successful. For those of you with medical knowledge, I had a left shoulder arthroscopic distal clavicle excision for long standing symptoms emanating from my acromioclavicular joint…. For everyone else out there, I had a quick arthroscopic surgery to minimize some pain and discomfort in my left shoulder.
Hopefully he doesn't let this "minor" surgery linger into next season as he did last season with the knee. Rehab properly this time for both surgeries Tracy, and good luck!

Click link for full blog entry
http://t-mac.com/tmac/blogDetail/1815

Sponsored Link
sammy is offline Old 05-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
sammy
Contributing Member
sammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5635
And Mcgrady is more concerned with Yao's injury? I can't believe he really said that on the Patrick show

Sigh..this guy has a bum shoulder and knee.

saleem is offline Old 05-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
saleem
Contributing Member
saleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2094
Better to get it done now than never.

Noob Cake is offline Old 05-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
Noob Cake
Noob Cake is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30906
Does he have any back issue to be fixed?

Raven is offline Old 05-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
Raven
Raven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6153
Don't worry about that. Tracy will be quite the little trooper next season, because he'll be in a contract year. Won't matter, though, because he won't be here next Spring.

Rox Addict is offline Old 05-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
Rox Addict
Contributing Member
Rox Addict is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2005
Member: #16360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Cake
BACKBONE issues

jump shooter is offline Old 05-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
jump shooter
Contributing Member
jump shooter is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1342
Half Man Half a Season.

cardpire is offline Old 05-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #8
cardpire
cardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30151
is there anybody who isn't aware that tmac has a ghost writer writing his blog?

shastarocket is offline Old 05-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
shastarocket
Contributing Member
shastarocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereshastarocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereshastarocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereshastarocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereshastarocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereshastarocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereshastarocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereshastarocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Cake

Obligatory, he has a heart issue that he needs to address ASAP!

Men do not quarrel for light but they quarrel over cattle

jump shooter is offline Old 05-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #10
jump shooter
Contributing Member
jump shooter is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox Addict
BACKBONE issues
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dave_78 is offline Old 05-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
Dave_78
Dave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20252
There's no doubt in my mind that "Orlando Tmac" will be back and ready for training camp!! Yeah!!!! :D

worzel gummidge is offline Old 05-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #12
worzel gummidge
worzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boardsworzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boardsworzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boardsworzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33905
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBeast99
Rehab properly this time for both surgeries Tracy, and good luck!
I don't believe "being lazy" or not rehabbing is an issue. Getting your shoulder worked on takes away speed for whatever reason. A player might be healthy again but it takes them a full season of playing to regain their old form.

I'm calling it now. McGrady won't be 100% until the 2010-11 season. Rockets need to find a sucker for a McGrady trade this off-season.

Richard Justice: "Leslie Alexander did not want Rick Adelman to coach his basketball team. Daryl Morey didn't want Rick Adelman to coach the baskeball team... Rick wanted to stop the shuffling of the roster and add a center... Daryl Morey was stunned to learn Rick Adelman wanted to continue coach the Rockets and he wanted to very badly..."

apollo33 is offline Old 05-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
apollo33
apollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39124
this guys becoming a greg oden, falling apart everywhere on his body. hope he heals up and is ready to go next season

For God so loved the world that he gave his second Son, Jeremy Lin, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -Jeremy 3:16
-CH

Landlord Landry is offline Old 05-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #14
Landlord Landry
Landlord Landry is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLandlord Landry is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLandlord Landry is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLandlord Landry is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLandlord Landry is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLandlord Landry is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLandlord Landry is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30698
Quote:As for an update on me, I had shoulder surgery yesterday, which was successful. For those of you with medical knowledge, I had a left shoulder arthroscopic distal clavicle excision for long standing symptoms emanating from my acromioclavicular joint…. For everyone else out there, I had a quick arthroscopic surgery to minimize some pain and discomfort in my left shoulder.

PR spin to build trade value.

tested911 is offline Old 05-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #15
tested911
tested911 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetested911 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetested911 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9574
You guys actually think he remembered the exact name of the procedure. Obviously someone updates his blog for him.

Loved the backbone comment though... Hahaha so true.

If I had to pick a center, I would take Olajuwon and the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him. - MJ

Dave_78 is offline Old 05-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #16
Dave_78
Dave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by tested911
You guys actually think he remembered the exact name of the procedure. Obviously someone updates his blog for him.

For some reason I have always imagined Shane Battier writing McGrady's blogs.

2rings is offline Old 05-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #17
2rings
2rings is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22876
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBeast99
Hopefully he doesn't let this "minor" surgery linger into next season as he did last season with the knee. Rehab properly this time for both surgeries Tracy, and good luck!

Click link for full blog entry
http://t-mac.com/tmac/blogDetail/1815
Let me just get all of this medicakl stuff taken care of on the Rockets dime and then I will be as good as new when I am up for free agency.

Love Tracy

tcadriel is offline Old 05-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #18
tcadriel
tcadriel is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26284
While he's at it, he might as well find a good heart doctor.

doublebogey is offline Old 05-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #19
doublebogey
doublebogey is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2006
Member: #19725
as good as new.

RV6 is online now Old 05-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #20
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
Originally Posted by tested911

i agree he doesnt write this himself, but it's not really that difficult to memorize it, sometimes that's all you hear, the doctor repeats it, nurses, assistants, its on charts, bills, etc...so it sticks after a while.