1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady arthroscopic shoulder surgery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrownBeast99, May 29, 2009.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I still believe in Tmac. I really feel this season it's for real.

Like as if the basketball gods made this whole fiasco...so it could have a happy ending.

You know, with a healthy championship team with all the champagne, with Yao, Tmac, Ron and the rest of the Rockets in the middle of the Toyota center screaming.

Anything......is possible....

The day..... everyone on Clutchfans has no stress. no anger. and no hatred. of any sorts.

The day i will cry myself to sleep, with tears...of joy.

2. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

why would trading TMAC make us look desperate? we had a great 2nd half of the season without him, and a great playoff run without him as well. we are just 1 or 2 missing pieces away from a championship. assuming we get artest back, if tmac barely plays next season, then we are in the same boat as this year and have a great team. if tmac is relatively healthy and is able to play regularly, then he will contribute to our team and be one of our missing pieces, even if he plays in a more limited role than he has in the past. with or without him, we are a great team so why would we look desperate if we traded him? Why do you think if we did trade him we would get a bunch of garbage players? u really think Daryl Morey would waste 23million on garbage players? he has done far better than that with far less money. i dont understand any of your thinking behind these 2 issues.

also, your proposed fantasy trade of lebron for tmac so cleveland can get tmac's expiring contract is so illogical on so many different grounds i dont know where to begin....

that was 2 seasons and 2 surgeries ago (or is it more?).
    you also said TMAC was "a big part of the season". He played in 35 games. That's less than half. think about that.

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Good luck to him on his recovery.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I can't tell you that., I am not a doctor.

I guess if they did it, it was the right decision. That's how it should be done.

5. RyanB

RyanB Member

I love Tmac, but sincerely, i don't believe he can retrieve his old strength.
    if he can play next season, i'd bench him, so that we have a good second team.
    If he can put a 15 points game with some assists from the bench, he will be our Ginobili :D

6. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Now is the time to have all those broken parts fixed. I hope Tmac regains his competitive self. Recovery could take a long time but I still believe that Tmac can ( will ) be the same player as he was when he first played with the Rockets.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he will. It will take awhile for him to regain form, get his timing back, regain confidence etc....he hasn't played like himself in a long time.

But i agree, once healed, t-mac should be very effective.

Now if we can just get through a season with no injuries to yao!

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I understand that people pine for the days when he had tons of talent and was the man.

But those days are long gone, a 30 year old player with a history of injuries, does not magically get healthy.

The Rockets would be stupid not to take advantage of his contract and trade him, and we all know Morey is not stupid.

As for his teamates, just watch some of the games he came to, and see whom he is sitting next too, or how many of his teamates even gave him a cursory look....

This team has clearly moved on......they know TMac had a rough year physically, but they also know he is in it for himself.

It is just business, TMac is doing what is right for himself (getting healthy) and the team is as well....

The NBA is a business, there is nothing more too it...not loyalty, nothing....it is pure $$$$$ on both sides.

Tmac is an asset that will make the Rockets better through trade....watch...you guys will see...

DD

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You quoted Tracy's blog.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BTW - read Morey's quote..."It was not necessary".....

Morey is talking about the health of an asset and not protecting the interests of the player.

It is so obvious.

DD

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree, the right move in my opinion is for the organization to move on and build around the success of the current team. Tracy was an incredible player and talent, but I think physically and especially mentally those days are over. Use his expiring contract to improve the team.

12. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Grant Hill

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe Boston should move on from KG too right?

:rolleyes:

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He is a shadow of his former self.

He is averaging career lows of 12-13pts/g, compared to 20-25pts/g before he got injured.

If T-Mac comes back averaging 12 pts/g, we made a mistake by not trading him.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

did u see him play v. a utah team in the playoffs where the entire D was keyed in on him and he still put up 27, 8, 7? ON THESE SAME TWO INJURIES???

he can still be an all-star player if these surgeries do indeed alleviate any lingering pain/soreness that he has been feeling. as long as he doesn't limp, he'll be extremely effective. unless this surgery doesn't stop his limping, then you're right.

16. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

KG does not have a history of injuries year after year. TMAC does.
    KG led his team to an NBA championship. TMAC has not.
    KG is the leader of his team. TMAC is not.
    :rolleyes:

17. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

For some I can go with that but for the majority of the posts I would strongly disagree. Trading him this season currently doesn't seem to be the best business move. Who is currently available that would make up for what he brings to the table even injured? Morey should not take on any bad contracts just to make emotional fans happy.

We shall see. I still think we need him (or someone like him) in order to do anything serious in the playoffs.

18. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

I agree totally...

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well hopefully we will get a chance to see "Healthy declining McGrady" before the trade deadline. I imagine it will be somewhat like the Jazz series last year. We have seen "Healthy peak McGrady" when he first got here and it was good, we have seen "Injured declining McGrady" this year and it sucked. He did still manage to throw down a triple double while limping across the court this year, so thats something positive to take away from this.

Again, I think we could be good with or without him, but I won't trade him just to trade him. If a great deal is out there, sure, lets make it happen, but giving him away is just stupid.

20. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Forget the hate aspect of it, its more the corny stupidity that drives me nuts.

I dont often agree with you, but at least you voice your opinion as to why you believe what you believe. Im just so tired of seeing 10 page posts where half of the replies are "Tmac needs a new heart or backbone", especially when its written over and over.