1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady arthroscopic shoulder surgery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrownBeast99, May 29, 2009.

1. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

With that said, should the Rox move on from Yao. If a 30 year old with a history of injuries doesnt magically get healty, what chance does a 28 year old who is 7'6 and weighs over 300 lbs have?

People come here and bash Tmac over injury concerns, and quite honestly I dont blame them. But are you really less worried about Yao who has had all of his injuries to the lower extremities versus Tmac who has had back, knee, and shoulder ones?

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I know and that was mine intention

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A shadow of his former self, and a great example of what will probably happen to Tmac......so....trade while you can.

DD

4. DaDakota

I am worried about that as well, but Yao is in a different situation.....if his contract was expiring, I would expect Morey to look at what is out there for him too.

DD

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I believe Yao can opt out after next season...

6. DaDakota

Thus the player holds all the cards, whereas when a contract is expiring on it's own the organization holds all the cards.

The Rockets will trade TMac, I guarantee it.

;)

DD

7. FFz

FFz Member

if he has rotator cuff problems then he shouldn't be pitching baseballs...

8. albuster

albuster Member

I totally agree. There is no hate for McGrady. It is really all about business, nothing personal. The Rockets were a completely different and better team when he was out.

9. albuster

albuster Member

Likewise, if McGrady was healthy the Rockets would not have even been able to play the Lakers. It would have been the usual McGrady percentage of winning throughout his career, one and done.

10. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I don't know how no one is concerned this additional surgery won't set him back. Didn't he have surgeries in his shoulder and knee last year that some used as an excuse for not being to rehab his knee right? A year later he is again going through a more rigorous knee rehab with another shoulder surgery ... So if you believe last season's excuse how can someone be optimistic about him being ready for training camp after last summer?

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

ANY team is better off without an injured player. if you can name me a team that plays better with an injured player, i would love to know that.

and that's fine if it's business. but if you're on this board, there are quite a few posters who actually hate the guy.

12. t_mac1

the doctors timed this surgery, not tracy. i doubt he has the medical decisions to tell the doctors when to perform the surgery and when not to. it's his contract year. he doesn't want any setbacks.

13. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I'm sure he didn't want any setbacks last year either no?

14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Completely agree.

Nobody was saying we were better off without him when he led us to 22 games with no yao or artest.

15. t_mac1

i'm sure he didn't. and i'm sure he learned from it. this year will make or break his career.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No it wasn't.

17. Raven

Raven Member

I've been saying this for weeks. If there was any chance of the Rockets re-signing Tracy, it evaporated the minute Yao was injured. This franchise would be the dumbest in professional sports, by a wide margin, to give two players with a history of serious injuries both a maximum contract, and Morey isn't that stupid, nor is Les. They'll take a chance on Yao (though I wish they wouldn't), but there's zero - zero - chance they sign both those guys to maximum contract extensions. The only way it might happen is if Tracy accepted fewer years or less money, but do any of you see that happening? Me neither.

Tracy. Is. Gone. The only question is whether it's before the draft, before the season begins, or before the trade deadline.

18. t_mac1

hope he's gone before training camp though.

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

LOL, I guess you know better.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You can say whatever you want, but come on, he is not an idiot.

He know it is make or break. He is fighting not only for reputation, but also for big $$$$$