1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady arthroscopic shoulder surgery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrownBeast99, May 29, 2009.

1. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

Certainly no bitterness or anything in your response. It's just business. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

"The surgery was timed to allow McGrady to resume basketball-related work when his rehabilitation from microfracture knee surgery will allow."

1 person likes this.
  3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

didn't you know? tracy was planning the shoulder surgery to prevent an offseason trade :rolleyes:

4. pandaman

pandaman Member

lol i hope he comes back with a workin attitude and not a broken mentatility... we want that OLD ORLANDO TMAC BACK cos tbh next year ! lool.... but sommin tells me tmac will neva get his ring =/ i hope he does tho :D :D

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

what are you talking about ? i know that

6. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

the guy is playin for a job. I mean wouldn't you do anything to heal yourself up and play to what your capable of. better now than later i say

7. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

He is also gonna change his number. busy offseason for him

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Really, how do you know?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dada, even if you had a healthy Yao, this team wouldn't have beaten L.A. in my opinion. Even if you add your Corey Maggatte. Trading T-mac for junk would be a mistake, and I think you know that.

I know you hate the guy but the business move is to hold off on trading him. That's how you revealed your hand. If you were all business, like Morey is, you'd wait...just like he is doing.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope, the team has moved on, he is nothing more than an asset at this point.

I would be very surprised if he ever steps foot on the floor as a Houston Rocket again.

It is a business, the team got further with a team oriented approach then they ever did with Tmac running the show.

They know teams need financial relief...Tmac will leave this summer....IMO.

I am not bitter, I enjoyed rooting for him, he burned his own bridges with his antics.

He wants to be the show, so trade him somewhere that he can do that.

Good for Tmac, good for the Rockets.

Just business.

DD

11. Pringles

Pringles Member

I read that....

But why didn't they do it earlier? It still doesn't make sense.

Isn't earlier the better? Especially since rehab takes a wide variety of time....

12. Htown57

Htown57 Member

Staggering the surgeries allows him to work out his upper body while he can't use his legs (and you can't use your legs AT ALL after micro-fracture surgery).

Now that he has some use of his legs (he can work in the pool) he got the shoulder procedure.

If he did both at once, he wouldn't be able to do ANY conditioning until BOTH surgeries recovered enough.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I still don't understand why people are saying he burned his own bridges with his antics. I honestly did not see anything wrong with the decisions he made. Yes this team took the Lakers to seven games but with a healthy Yao could we really have beaten the Lakers like everyone says we could have. If we trade Tmac for "a few role players" I think we become something of the Dallas Mavericks who still haven't won a Championship. I still believe Tmac if he comes back next season healthy could still be an asset. I do however not want everyone else on the team standing around waiting at the three point line like they are nailed to the floor like they were in previous years. This is where we had problems with JVG. He made it a two man game with Yao and Tmac and relied on role players like Shane, Luther Head, Raefer who just stand outside and shoot. The passing and the team ball is great and it does take five players to beat the other team but at the end of it all at the end of the game we need someone we can rely to have the ball at the end of the game. If we had a young Shaq or Dwight Howard on this team sure we could just have a few role players on our team but with Yao we still need another star and Trading Tracy Mcgrady right now I believe will just get us scraps. Business is business DaDakota but put yourself in the shoes of the team that will be trading with us. Who in their right mind is going to trade anything but scraps for an expiring contract. We don't need scraps honestly. If we look desperate to trade Tmac too we are going to get ripped off. We are NOT that DESPERATE! He didn't go on TV and just cuss out the city of Houston or another player like Pippen did. If the perfect trade comes along where maybe New Orleans is desperate and is willing to give us Chris Paul or Cleveland is desperate and says you can have lebron cause we desperately need that expiring contract then we will trade him. But we are not that desperate right now to trade for just scraps. This isn't a Pippen situation and everyone needs to stop making it out as if it is. We do not need to trade for a walt williams stacy augmon kevin Cato or whatever scraps another team is willing to just throw out there.

3 people like this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think if you ask Yao, Battier, Shane, Hayes, Landry, Brooks, Adelman, Morely, and anyone named not Artest if they want t-mac back and they'd say yes.

The team hasn't moved on. YOU have moved on.

T-mac does have a work'n attitude. You and others just don't want to see it because you are sick of him, so the easiest way to dismiss him is to call him lazy. You create that image. It's not real.

And this team is better WITH t-mac. No, now t-mac limping on a bad knee, t-mac when he is healthy. He almost knocked off Utah last year.

He almost knocked of Utah and think about this:

He had no Artest, no Rafer, No Yao, an inexperienced brooks, no lowry.

Think about that.

15. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Good to have the surgery now than 1 week before trade deadline next season.

16. bbjai

bbjai Member

This is an interesting thought, Doc Rocket has come out and said that Battier has moved on, as has Yao. And apparently Rafer was the worse one.

If you read Artest, his never said he wanted T-mac out, he just wants that effort. Which is fair enough from any team mate.

I really don't think the Rockets want him out. The fans are the ones root for him to go. But as a team I don't think they collectively want him to go.

17. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Lol! Instant classic.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

At this stage, anything he does will be viewed negatively.

If he comes out next season and scores 30 ppg, people will say he's ruining the offense.

If he comes out and averages 15 and dishes out 6 assists. people will say he's not worth 20 million and he's half the player he was.

No matter what, these folks will twist whatever happens into a negative.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't know if doc rocket has that special connection to insiders - some here say he does, but i have no idea.

I think when players say they have "moved on" it means they no longer see him in the picture for now. He was such a big part of the season, and they were all waiting and hoping for him to get healthy, and they moved on accpeting that it wasn't in the cards.

That term, "move on" - it's subjective. It can be very final, or it could be the short term. Remember, we're not talking about romances here...we're talking about the basktball court.

I seriously doubt Shane Battier is the type to write ANYONE off in basketball. That's not his personality. Yao wouldn't do that either. These are guys who want to win, and they know if t-mac is healthy, he can help. If they wanted him gone, we'd have known it by now.

20. Mr. Space City

i just want to ee what t-mac can do in a system full of worthy role players who show-up in the post season because he hasnt had one since he stepped into the rockets organization :)