ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > 2014 NBA Draft

Darko goes gangster on FIBA Refs
Tags:  basketball, fiba, greece, movies, nba, rumors, youtube Tags
weslinder is offline Old 09-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
weslinder
Contributing Member
weslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18282
Language Not Safe for the Serbian Workplace

Darko's Venomous Tirade

Serbia lost to Greece, and the refs had more than a little to do with it. Darko Milicic, NBA enigma and all-around colorful guy, went off for the media's benefit. From what my translators tell me, it included the following stellar line:

"I will find the referees, murder them and then [expletive] their daughters"

There are currently rumors swirling in the international press that Darko will be heavily fined by FIBA and possibly banned for a year. This has nothing to do with the NBA, obviously, but builds on the myth of the one, the only, Serbian Gangster.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...nemous-tirade/

Guys, this is not a reliable journalistic source. Hold off on the torches and pitchforks. Who the hell even is Jeff Balke? Never heard of him. Houstonpress.com is also just a blog, not a credible source.

Sponsored Link
JaWindex is offline Old 09-05-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
JaWindex
Contributing Member
JaWindex is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2005
Member: #16080
He sort of looks like Christian Bale when he was in the movie Harsh Times.

KellyDwyer is offline Old 09-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
KellyDwyer
Contributing Member
KellyDwyer is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKellyDwyer is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by weslinder
Language Not Safe for the Serbian Workplace

Darko's Venomous Tirade

Serbia lost to Greece, and the refs had more than a little to do with it. Darko Milicic, NBA enigma and all-around colorful guy, went off for the media's benefit. From what my translators tell me, it included the following stellar line:

There are currently rumors swirling in the international press that Darko will be heavily fined by FIBA and possibly banned for a year. This has nothing to do with the NBA, obviously, but builds on the myth of the one, the only, Serbian Gangster.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...nemous-tirade/
I had a guy email me over it, and he says Darko went into greater detail about what he was going to do to the hypothetical daughters. Yikes.

ThePrivate is offline Old 09-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
ThePrivate
ThePrivate is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Aug 2007
Member: #24996
darko should rape himself for being such a weak and sorry basketball player. :D

foodworld is offline Old 09-05-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
foodworld
foodworld is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4882
new nickname: Slobodan Milicic?

high5 is offline Old 09-06-2007, 04:56 AM   #6
high5
high5 is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16469
Thanks! I was looking for this. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyDwyer
I had a guy email me over it, and he says Darko went into greater detail about what he was going to do to the hypothetical daughters. Yikes.
Hypothetical daughters were just mentioned in the end.

I'll just say some of the terms used are: a**holes, pu**ies, mothers, f**k, mouth. I believe you'll have no problem putting those in context together by yourself.

Language in these parts is very 'rich' when it comes to swearing, and translation(s) actually sound pretty 'weak' compared to the original stuff. :D

Carl Herrera is offline Old 09-06-2007, 06:04 AM   #7
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Darko Milicic, the Euro-trash Mike Tyson?

bladeage is offline Old 09-06-2007, 07:26 AM   #8
bladeage
Contributing Member
bladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2005
Member: #16175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera
Darko Milicic, the Euro-trash Mike Tyson?
Maybe, did he say he would eat the ref's children?

Dookie Sandwich - "They put kit kats and pickles up my butt"

Carl Herrera - "..cocks are food"

Mazyar - "I think Nelly is a pretty good rapper."

hkcosser - "Stop your foolish mind you, do not stare at Ron."

Carl Herrera is offline Old 09-06-2007, 07:28 AM   #9
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
So... would you go on a date with Darko after hearing this? Would you let your daughter, mother, or wife go on a date with Darko after hearing this?

Xerobull is offline Old 09-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #10
Xerobull
Contributing Member
Xerobull is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsXerobull is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsXerobull is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsXerobull is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsXerobull is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsXerobull is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsXerobull is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsXerobull is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsXerobull is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsXerobull is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsXerobull is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12692
Quote:

That is frigging awesome.

jello77 is offline Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 AM   #11
jello77
Contributing Member
jello77 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3514
it was a lot more in detailed. 'italian whores, bitches, pieces of ****'. it was also hilarious.

to tell you the truth, serbs curse a lot more back home (as high5 already said). curses are a natural part of the language, its really not as horrible as it is translated. but it was probably the funniest rant ever...wish you guys could understand it cuz its pretty damn funny.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 09-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #12
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello77
it was a lot more in detailed. 'italian whores, bitches, pieces of ****'. it was also hilarious.

to tell you the truth, serbs curse a lot more back home (as high5 already said). curses are a natural part of the language, its really not as horrible as it is translated. but it was probably the funniest rant ever...wish you guys could understand it cuz its pretty damn funny.

Is rape more acceptable in Serbia than it is in the U.S.?

Zboy is online now Old 09-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #13
Zboy
Contributing Member
Zboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6676
Quote:

LOL! I guess now we know what he had been upto during Serbian genocide against the Bosnians back in 90s.

DaDream is offline Old 09-06-2007, 09:42 AM   #14
DaDream
DaDream is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2006
Member: #19780
Quote:
So... would you go on a date with Darko after hearing this? Would you let your daughter, mother, or wife go on a date with Darko after hearing this?
why would someone let their wife go on a date with anyone else?

Zboy is online now Old 09-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #15
Zboy
Contributing Member
Zboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6676
Quote:
Back in 90s atleast, yes. Very much so.

A Witness to Genocide and Mass Rape: The Against Women in Bosnia both by Roy Gutman can explain it much better.

pickymen is offline Old 09-06-2007, 09:50 AM   #16
pickymen
Contributing Member
pickymen is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7754
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello77

I'd seen this HK TV series where a daughter asked the father not to curse and swear so much. The father said, "If not, then I won't be able to talk at all." It's like part of his language.

AXG is offline Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #17
AXG
AXG is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodAXG is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2006
Member: #19720
Quote:
I don't think you'd let your wife go on a date with anybody.

couple of d's is offline Old 09-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #18
couple of d's
couple of d's is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodcouple of d's is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14796
"orkin the town rapist, naughty,naughty" "not too much raping orkin, humans only" :D

jello77 is offline Old 09-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #19
jello77
Contributing Member
Quote:
its a figure of speech. its how they talk. hes not literally going to rape anybody. like youve never cursed anyone out. christ.

jello77 is offline Old 09-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #20
jello77
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zboy
Back in 90s atleast, yes. Very much so.

A Witness to Genocide and Mass Rape: The Against Women in Bosnia both by Roy Gutman can explain it much better.
my dads a bosnian and my mom is serbian. i was born in belgrade and atrocities were committed by all sides. its really not that black and white...both my grandparents are refugees in the united states now (and its also the reason i live here now). milosevic ruined the lives of many families, mine included. dont you dare paint all serbs in broad stroaks as rapists and murderers.