1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We just pulled off the best April Fools Joke ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm extremely proud of this one because no one saw it coming, and the last 10-11 years that's been extremely hard to accomplish. We worked on this one for over a year, slowly but surely tipping you off so that you wouldn't even realize it by payoff day (today).

So I'm happy to fill you all in on this genius prank:

Rafer Alston, starting point guard for your Houston Rockets. NO BACKUPS.

That's the gag that keeps on giving the whole year.

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

we aint gonna win **** with rafor

3. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

Man I know I defended Rafer in the past...but jeeze that was one of the worst decisions EVER.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man, I could not agree more the guy is horrible.

That shot in the 4th? He went for being the hero instead of playing smart....he is a real conundrum, he plays within himself so well, but then has a Mike Matasau moment and blows up.....and that is what is going to cost the Rockets any real chance of advancing.

That, and the fact that Tmac settles for jumpers late instead of attacking the basket......

Our team is mentally weak, and it starts with our PG.....

DD

5. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

does anyone know what half-man half-amazing or the professor are up to? can we sign them to a contract?

6. Ryan02GT

Ryan02GT Member

you know what, I dont think you can blame every loss on Rafer, this is so rediculous, he is our point guard deal with it and support him

7. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

I'm not going to defend Rafer because he shot terribly and should have never taken that shot. That being said he played a good floor game and played Deron Williams great. I love how you have nothing to say about how sad Juwan Howard was (not only can he not make a shot but he can't guard his shadow either) or how poorly TMac played. Rafer is one of the reasons we lost but far from the only reason.

8. Peanut07

Peanut07 Member

wow, you have got to be kidding me. Rafer is doing HIS job great. Hes in there with minimal turnovers, and gets the other players involved.

9. declan32001

declan32001 Member

We love you and your crew. Um, trying to think here... CD is gone, Morey is relatively unknown... are you throwing down here on Les or JVG? :D

10. max14

max14 Member

Rafer played a good game. The last shot wasn't all that terrible it was just in the flow.

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

T-mac and Rafer played poorly and made some stupid decisions.

Yao had a great game but got too tired in the end.

Juwan sucked in the beginning but was actually contributing in the end.

We sorely miss Head

12. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

What are you smoking? Tmac was attacking the basket in the 4th. Or did you not catch that layup that put us within 2?
    He shot that last 3 because he HAD to.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Rafeer Al Stoned!

:mad:

14. YugoRocketsFan

The Rafer Resolution

My 2nd Rafer hate thread? Yes it is, the dude is choke artist.

But I have found out the resolution, the Rockets need to never give Rafer any shots, no matter how open he is, even if theres nobody around him for a 14 foot radius. And we need to give all of his shots to Shane Battier

That is the resolution!

15. ekim

ekim Member

That was a terrible shot. Well, hopefully the team will talk to him about it and tell him not to shoot those in the playoffs.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes I watched the game, and he did make ONE layup, but so often he was settling for jumpers instead of attacking, or when he did go to the rim he was avoiding contact like the plague......

Tmac has got to toughen up, he is playing soft, soft, soft lately, and we need him to have the eye of the tiger.

Go to the hole with aggression and strength, FORCE the referees to make a call....look at the game tonight....Boozer goes to the hole strong, CHARGES into Battier, but the refs favor the aggressor late, and basically it cost the Rockets the game.

So one one hand, you have a team going to the basket late, versus a jump shooting team late.....more often than not the team going to the basket will prevail.

Tmac needs to step it up......especially because someone needs to take the ball out of Rafer Alston't hands late...he just makes too many Boneheaded plays.

DD

17. johnrox

johnrox Member

when the going gets tough, rafer gets lost, overall played pretty good, but as bill and clyde said, HE is NOT the guy to take the all important shot, especially with that much time left on the clock.

I was praying it was going in, even though he was WIDE open, for a split second there, i was also praying that it was battier... wide open aside, 9 more seconds left and rox didn't need a 3 to tie...

in any case, rox need to find some sort of toughness in the last 2 minutes of games, this giving up the lead and playing with fire stuff isn't going to cut it during playoff time

18. maitredebwx

maitredebwx Member

I can't believe that the game ball went to Rafer and he damned shot it. Even before the miss, i thought we were going to lose.

19. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

okay rafer missed the shot but who else played even decent besides yao and hayes??? if rafer is a choke artist what the hell is tmac he must be dead because he has choked a **** load...and i'm not hating on anybody just trying to get ppl to realize stop pointing fingers at one person and see the WHOLE TEAM didnt play good..

20. Northside Moss

Rafer is one of the reasons we lost. Mac is another.

I'm still think that JVG is the main reason though. I usually defend the guy, but he's been making questionable decisions these days.

Let's see, JL3 pulled a dud against the Lakers, so I'll pull him in for a change of pace. I'm sure Deron Williams will appriciate being able to step all over him.

Let me put Snyder on, he defends penetrators well but he gets lit up by shooters, so I guess I'll just put him on another shooter.

Mmm...the Jazz seem to be rebounding well in this stretch, let me put Juwan Howard in for Chuck Hayes.

Let me design a offensive play that somehow sees RAFER shooting a SHOT when he was STONE COLD the whole game. The fact that this even happened in a SET PLAY... :mad:

Let me PUT BONZI ON THE INACTIVE LIST WHEN LUTHER GETS INJURED, thus ensuring that the Rockets have the worst bench possible. (I know, I know, I hate Bonzi, but he's an improvement over JL freakin 3.)

They didn't screw us last time, but HELL, they did today.