1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We just pulled off the best April Fools Joke ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Peanut07

Peanut07 Member

Then where are the threads praising him? Or does he only get criticized? What could he do to make you guys like him? He does a fine job and you guys just have to blame somebody to make yourself feel good.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

God help us. When he took that shot, I yelled, "NO!!"

What an idiot.

3. Mattj

Mattj Member

Could not disagree more with this thread....Tracy passed the ball to Rafer...He has to shoot that shot, or he should not be on the floor...I suppose you would prefer JLIII or Snyder to take that shot...Rafer is the 3rd best 3point shooter on the team...he may be in a slump, but he is doing what the teams asks him to do...and they don't have any better options on the club. Deal with it....for crying out loud Matt Maloney was a Rocket PG for a team that got to the conference finals. This season isn't over..there will be several more ups and downs...this series is going 7....book it....

4. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

Are you saying there is enough margin of error for Rafer to take that shot while we are down three?

5. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

Rockets down by 2 points.

Probably going to be TMac or even Battier from the corner with no time left on the clock for the tie or win.

But wait!!! Rafer for 3 with 8 seconds left!!

CLANK!!

Hilarious stuff!

Ok, Clutch. I don't know how you managed to hijack my NBA Pass so that it appeared as the Rockets were depending on Rafer to win a ballgame, but please restore the *real* game so that I can see a professional take the shot.

.....Clutch?....hello?....

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I don't think you can put all the blame on rafer for this loss.. Yeah he missed that last three and didn't have a spectacular game, but so did pretty much everyone else (except Yao).

Rafer had his good games and this was one of his bad ones.. Sucks how we lost tonight but I think it could be a blessing in disguise.. Now we are officially the underdog and with all the previous hype saying Utah will be an easy series, now we know the Rox will bring their "A" Game.. I think it will be a hard fought series but I know the Rockets will step up their game when it really counts!

Utah had their moment, but won't catch us sleeping again..

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Matt,

He did not HAVE to shoot that shot, he could have taken the WIDE OPEN lane and driven to the basket causing the defense to rotate and leave someone else wide open.

Or, he could go strong, take on the contact and FORCE the officials to make a call like they did with Boozer.

The Jazz have a PG who understands the importance of being mentally tough late in the game, what did Deron Williams do late? He made a pinpoint perfect pass to a cutting Boozer (who charged by the way) and they made the shot and got a foul.

While our Rafer (Mike Matasau like) decides to try to be the hero instead of playing smart.

Not good, and the fact that the Rockets are letting their WEAKEST link define their season is not smart either.

DD

8. Northside Moss

Well....37.8% FG doesn't exactly scream for praise.

9. Peanut07

Peanut07 Member

But you would rather have McGrady shoot it who was 9-23 from the field?

10. Party Pizza

Party Pizza Member

Please don't insult our own team members. Where is the fun in that? We are not going to have the best players at every position. Be a real fan and just have fun. Support your team no matter what. Good things happen to those who are optimistic. Rafer is not the main reason why we lost. He had to shoot. These threads are sad. :(

Support your Rockets!

11. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

If we ought to be praising a starting NBA PG for making 4 FTs, do we have enough time to praise a guy 7'6" making 85% of his FTs?

12. johnrox

johnrox Member

no matt, neither JLIII or snyder, because rox didn't need a 3 at that moment to tie the game. first option would be yao, tmac, then battier in the corner, THEN rafer.

if there were only 2 seconds left, not much to fault rafer for, but there was enough time to go through 2 of those options IMHO.

13. benum

benum Member

I feel your pain. I want to kill myself.

14. johnrox

johnrox Member

what makes you think he HAD to shoot?

15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I already knew the game was over when he took that shot.

16. Ryan02GT

Ryan02GT Member

mike matusow, is how its spelled (sorry that was just bugging me) and Rafer is NOT the weakest link on the team

17. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

Didn't Tmac nailed all three when he was fouled by Kobe the other day? And did anybody say we didn't give him enough credit for that?

18. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i'll deal with it, but why does he shoot so many threes?

19. MONON

MONON Member

Rafer is the best point guard we have bar none. Granted his shooting bites the bag at crunch time. We need Luther back to shoot so Rafer can just bring the ball up and distribute it, which he excells at.

20. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

because he's f***ing idiot, period