1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We just pulled off the best April Fools Joke ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2007.

1. zong

zong Member

Is this the frist time for Rafer to take a bad shot? Yes it was a open shot, but how many shots were not open for Rafer when he was taken, and missed. last night, he can easily pass the ball to Yao, Yao was on the man-to man defend. Please get Rafer out the town, but I do not think Rox can. By the way, for JVG, give Wells a try, you can see Synder was not good in either sides of the ball.

2. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

Raefer is fine with the PG position he just needs to be more consistent on his shot. Actually in the playoff we will probably see T-Mac takes more controll of the ball and he himself needs to get out of the slump.

3. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

you should never be allowed to be a member on this board....that rookie tag suits you well....did you watch the game....rafer was 2-10 from the field and you said he had a good game??!!!! WWWWTTTTTFFFFF?????

4. charrocket

charrocket Member

Why Luther Head werent playing last Two games ????

5. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

Rafer should not have tried to be the hero and taken that last shot, especially the way he was shooting. However, had he made it people would've been singing his praises. Again, I don't defend his actions there.

BUT, this loss was not his fault - lets be honest. Yao WAS the offense, no one else stepped up - including T-Mac. That being said, even with the team playing as bad as it was we still almost pulled that game out. Had that final blocking foul gone the right way as a charge against Boozer we would've won that game. Rafer made a bone head final play, but to put the loss squarely on his shoulders isn't fair. Home court or not (and now its looking more like that later) I like our chances against the Jazz.

Oh yeah, lets not forget that our best three point shooter and best clutch fourth quarter three point shooter was out...could've made a big difference - I would've been fine with Head taking that shot, win or lose.

6. JLO

JLO Member

rafer sucks donkey balls. This team is going nowhere with that a-hole running the point. We're not one player away from being a contender, we're several players away from contending. Our bench reeks and when Yao or T-Mac has an off game we're toast.

7. Ryan02GT

Ryan02GT Member

Me, being a rookie myself, would tend to say that just because there is a "rookie" tag on there, does not mean that he,me or any other rookie should be degraded. That is irrelevant to any comment. I didn't see Peanut say anything about Rafer shooting the ball good, he merely stated that he was bringing the ball up and passing it well. And I promise you I am just as big of a rockets fan as yourself regardless of whether i am a "ROOKIE" or not

8. Peanut07

Peanut07 Member

hahahahaha are you serious? Man just because i was just now able to sign up for "ClutchFans" makes me know nothing about the Rockets? I watch every game and i go to almost every home game. Im not sure if you know this but shooting isn't everything, especially when you have 2 all stars on your team. He had 7 assists and 1 turnover. Hes 7th in steals in the league. Besides his shooting, what more could you ask for??? Take a deep breath, i think you will be alright.

9. RAYRAY

RAYRAY Member

I think you're overlooking his shooting. I am not blaming the loss all on him but he was a major factor. The guy shoots an average of 37% from the field. The majority of his shots are always from the outside, and I rarely see him drive it in. Maybe if he did that more often his FG% wouldn't be so horrible. 37% from a STARTING point guard who takes the third most FGA on the team is just unacceptable. I swear I cringe every single time he takes a shot from the outside.

Same goes for T-mac. Mcgrady's shot was off and yet he still would rely on his jumper instead of driving it in. After he did that amazing dunk over Kirilenko (which did not count because he was fouled before), I really thought he was going to take it into the basket more.

10. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Meh. When Kenny Smith was around, we complained and complained and complained, and that worked out okay.

Yes, I realize that Yao is no Hakeem, but I'm trying to put this in perspective. Except for Cassell and the Francis sorta-era, the Rockets have never had a competent point guard.

It's a tradition.