1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We just pulled off the best April Fools Joke ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Ryan02GT

Ryan02GT Member

give me a break.....................you are the idiot, maybe you should just stop watching the games

2. Peanut07

Peanut07 Member

Rafer also hit a clutch 3 just before that, to make us go up by 5 or something like that

3. Party Pizza

Party Pizza Member

You are no Rockets fan.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Because he is the ONLY point guard we have, bar none.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm, interesting replies...
    Atleast he had the balls to shoot it unlike someone else...
    Hes had a good stretch of games and hit big shots in LA, How quickly some forget.

I think if its ok to knock rafer everygame we lose, we should praise him equally when we win,which is in the majority. He is forced to be the third scorer on our team because shane will not shoot and chuck... well anyway this is why we need a third scorer, Bonzi?

7 assist and 1 turnover though....

6. Ryan02GT

Ryan02GT Member

BEST POST IN THE THREAD!! :D

7. Mattj

Mattj Member

Rafer shoots best from 3...I don't know why...but it is fact.....

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's the point guard. He's supposed to make decisions. Taking that three, at that point, was not a good decision, in my opinion. And it's not the first time.

9. username1

username1 Member

Maloney hit his wide open 3s, this team needs to upgrade on the PG position. We're not getting to the finals, or conference finals with Rafer at PG. I hope I'm wrong, but based on his performance we need more at PG.

10. Peanut07

Peanut07 Member

Finally!! Somebody with a brain. Exactly what im saying.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

While I think people have overreacted to how Rafer affects games, man, I have to disagree with you here somewhat. In the last 7 games Rafer is shooting 28% from 3 pt. land. As for him being our 3rd best 3 point shooter, well, that's almost by default - we really only have 3 or 4 3 point shooters on this team that get any major minutes : Rafer, Shane, Luther, and you can throw in TMac who is not a good 3 point shooter. I know the defense is "he's open, so he has to take that shot" and JVG may agree, but crap...

I honestly want to watch that play again - my biggest beef may not be him taking the shot, but rather taking the shot too early. I'll have to see it again, but it seemed like a rushed possession.

12. Northside Moss

I wouldn't call it balls, 9 seconds left and you're stone cold the whole day.

I call that stupidity really.

Besides, since when do we praise players when we win? This boards scalds Yao for shooting poorly in a blowout of the Bucks and declares that he's in a shooting slump after 2 back-to-back games. :/

13. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

Of course. After he missed 8 of his previous 10 attempts from downtown. If you take that many shots, a couple of them will inevitably fall. I guess tonight he didn't have enough attempts to get another made three.

14. Peanut07

Peanut07 Member

AND Rafer is number 4 in the league in 3PM. FWIW

15. declan32001

declan32001 Member

This is the only thread in history that I'm too afraid to attack or defend anyone. Sweet.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't be afraid. It's OK.
    Sour. ;)

17. Northside Moss

Um, I'd be impressed, but Rafer shoots something like 37% AND he's open most of the time.

If anything, isin't that kind of a negative? Seems to indicate, like every other Rafer stat, that Rafer shoots way too much.

18. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

My problem with Rafer is that he has 11 games in which he took 7 or more 3pt shots and made 2 or fewer. This is not counting several 1-5 and 1-6 nights, and the last Laker game (3-11). If he can only make 1-2 out of 6 attempts, he got to get the ball to Yao and T-mac more often instead of continue to shoot threes. I didn't know that was rocket science. We are not the Boston Celtics whose guards has to keep taking jump shots.

19. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

rafer alston is sickening . Period

20. Peanut07

Peanut07 Member

He doesn't just come down and shoot 3's, he distributes the ball very well. If he's open i want him to shoot.